Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 2041
Thread Info
There are 13 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 13790 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Jamma Nation X
merlin
Jamma Nation X is a relatively new website which has lots of useful Neo Geo related info. I did mention it briefly a while ago but felt it was well worth starting a thread about. There are a lot of useful tutorials on the site e.g. how to make wireless Neo Geo controllers, guides to consolizing an MVS board, a guide to building a supergun etc.

Also among the many useful downloads on the site there are a load of Neo Geo related magazine scans including previews and reviews. So far there are a large number of scans from EGM magazine. Definitely worth taking a look. There are many other interesting things on the site too that I haven't mentioned. Also the site offers a number of services like building a supergun, consolizing an MVS board, various mods etc.

http://www.jamma-...index.html

The site doesn't seem to work as well with Internet Explorer so it's better to view it with another browser.

NeoGeoNinja
TOOK A DECENT BROWSE...
through the site. The things that interested me the most were the CMVS' that PPL had made. Some were particularly cool like:
An AES actually turned into a CMVS (possibly the best version available?)
A MDrive turned into a CMVS - with cool blue finish and super smart mods
A NGCD TL donated into a CMVS - possibly the coolest CMVS there. Has professionally had the tray 'blended' into the main shell and has been finished in a cool shiny black coating. V.nice Thumbs Up

THIS GUYS...
shockboxes & inserts looked very nicely done too!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
Glad you found it of interest Ninja. I knew with there being so much Neo Geo related content on the site that people here at NGFL would be very interested. New stuff is being added regularly. The tutorials are very useful e.g. how to open an AES cart correctly, how to overclock your AES console, adding a front light to your Neo Geo Pocket etc.

There are a lot of great magazine scans there. It's always interesting to see old reviews, previews, adverts etc. related to SNK.

I agree a lot of those CMVS systems look great and in particular I was interested to see a few pictures of consolized Hyper 64 motherboards.

IDCHAPPY
I had a wee look at this site too and it was great, could prove handy to my future projects Thumbs Up

Mr Vengeance
Great post Merlin, thanks! Smile

RiKo
Great site Merlin Smile Trouble with CMVSs is that they can never look as good as an AES with an AES cart sticking out of it. Those MVS carts just look a bit shabby with their white labels.

I hope they can make joystick leads which plug in better, the AES has the worse most loose joystick plugs ever!!!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
STE C
Wow a lot of very professionally done consoles great site indeed. thanks Merlin this is a really useful site I could see NG4L and Jamma Nation becoming good friends.
Edited by STE C on 12. December 2009 09:43

Xian Xi
Thanks guys for the kind words and sorry for the really late reply.

If anyone needs any tutorials made just let me know. I can make them for everyone to learn how to do certain things.

Also we are still trying to figure out the IE problem.
Jamma Nation X
JNX Lazy Finger Rapid Fire Device for Neogeo and Superguns, On sale now!!

NeoGeoNinja
Xian Xi wrote:

If anyone needs any tutorials made just let me know. I can make them for everyone to learn how to do certain things.

YOUR WELCOME!

If any/all of these are your own handywork, than you should be happy with yourself. As expressed earlier in this thread, personally (and controversially!) I really like the AES come CMVS. It's very cool and makes good sense to me. Perhaps most impressive was the NGCD Top Loader conversion. It just looks awesome.

In reality I think it's difficult to know what the CMVS looks best in BUT I'm a fan of the flexibilty and creativity such a project presents. I'm imagining (not being technically minded) that nearly anything is possible? For example I imagine it's possible to make them from items that are not even consoles (a 2 slot CMVS out of a toaster? Just think of the eject mechanism LOL ).

I'm joking of course... amusing concept though! In all seriousness though, the idea of converting most consoles into a CMVS is very cool indeed.

Do you still sell these?

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 12. December 2009 00:08
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Xian Xi
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Xian Xi wrote:

YOUR WELCOME!

If any/all of these are your own handywork, than you should be happy with yourself. As expressed earlier in this thread, personally (and controversially!) I really like the AES come CMVS. It's very cool and makes good sense to me. Perhaps most impressive was the NGCD Top Loader conversion. It just looks awesome.

In reality I think it's difficult to know what the CMVS looks best in BUT I'm a fan of the flexibilty and creativity such a project presents. I'm imagining (not being technically minded) that nearly anything is possible? For example I imagine it's possible to make them from items that are not even consoles (a 2 slot CMVS out of a toaster? Just think of the eject mechanism LOL ).

I'm joking of course... amusing concept though! In all seriousness though, the idea of converting most consoles into a CMVS is very cool indeed.

Do you still sell these?

Ninja

Thanks dude.

Anything under the CMVS and Supergun category is what I made. Whatever is under the "User Submitted" section is just that. They are photos from other mad scientists making CMVS and supergun creations.

My next personal CMVS has been on the back burner for almost 2 years now sitting at 80% completion. Ever since I launched the site I now have no time to finish my personal projects.

I love seeing everyone's ideas for CMVS units, I like seeing the creativity. As for the MVS in an AES I am a little sour about since he killed a working CMVS. The builder claims it was dead but AES consoles are very easy to fix. I personally would love to see a wooden replica AES shell with the lines and wooden reset button. That would be tops.

I'm always thinking of new things to make using Neo hardware. I was going to make a fully enclosed 2 slot but planning fell through on it. The vision of it was cool but I couldn't source what I wanted.

As far as selling CMVS units I am still finishing up a few orders for customers and once they are done I will be taking orders again. Build time for them depends on how difficult the mods are, average build time is 3-5 weeks since I do it on my free time now.

I have a few web pages that not many people have seen yet so in case you always wondered:

How to Consolize an MV-1F
MVS Replacement Labels
MVS Cart Board Codes
Hyper Neo Geo 64 Price Guide (WIP)

Also don't forget to check out the SNK theater for SNK related movies and commercials.

Thanks
Jamma Nation X

tony starks
Yup XX is an awesome guy with an awesome site,
one of the best makers of CMVS's out there Thumbs Up
Starks is always out

merlin
Xian Xi wrote:

Good to see you dropped by. You should visit us more often! It probably would have been better if I had told you I started this thread. Sorry about that.

Like everyone said the site is pretty awesome. I'm sure all the info and guides will prove very helpful to a lot of people. I'll be sure to check out the site from time to time to see what's been added.

Xian Xi
Thanks dude, I appreciate it very much.
Jamma Nation X

Jump to Forum: