Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: IDCHAPPY
Thread ID: 2033
Thread Info
There are 23 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4155 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Old retro consoles
IDCHAPPY
Just been digging out my old console from my mum and dads loft and found a neo geo pocket Wink, forgot it was there and from what i remember it was quite a nifty wee machine, dont know what games i've got apart from neo turf masters thats in it. Did also come across an atari 2600 i got of ebay about 5 years ago with a tun of games none are ET though thankfully lol.

NeoGeoNinja
IDCHAPPY wrote:
Just been digging out my old console from my mum and dads loft and found a neo geo pocket Wink, forgot it was there and from what i remember it was quite a nifty wee machine, dont know what games i've got apart from neo turf masters thats in it. Did also come across an atari 2600 i got of ebay about 5 years ago with a tun of games none are ET though thankfully lol.

I'VE GOT A NEO POCKET COLOUR TOO...
and it's a great machine. If the Gamboy AdvanceSP didn't exist, it would be my fave handheld ever (and a factory-fitted backlight'd been nice too Hmm )

For my NGPC, I have:
Metal Slug 1st & 2nd Mission
Fatal Fury 1st Contact
Samurai Shodown 2!
Last Blade
SNK vs CAPCOM: MOTM
King of Fighters R2
& Also...
PacMan
Puzzle Bobble

IF YOU DON'T OWN...
any of those, I can't recommend them enough, except maybe PacMan, which whilst being cool, isn't necessary really.

AS FOR THE 2600...
being a child of the early 80's, this was my first ever console. I don't have it anymore, but I used to play the likes of:
Moon Patrol, Centipede, Dark Chambers, Radar Lock, Solaris, Midnight Magic, Pole Position, JR Pacman, Empire Strikes Back, Defender 2, Galaxian, Qbert, DigDug, Combat, Trick Shot...

I remembered all of these by looking through wikipedias list of 2600 games, as a refresher. These were DEFINITELY all/most of the games I had. There may be the odd one I can't remember, but there's most of them. If I think of anymore, I'll edit this post and add them. They were alright in their day, but wouldn't buy a 2600 to play 'em nowadays... some games are just not fun now.

I DO HOWEVER...
still have the 'family' ColecoVision! That's pretty decent for an older console and the games are still alright today. Zaxxon on the ColecoVision is still, today, an absolute joy to play! Shame the 2600 version blew absolute chunks... everywhere!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

IDCHAPPY
ah cheers for the tips on ngpc games maybe i'll be able to get a cheap metal slug game for it. There's so many old consoles, i'd love to have them all and decent games for them got afew, just have to keep working at it. Think one of the games i remember most for the atari 2600 was hero, brill back in the day but probs cack now Smile

Mr Vengeance
Just happened to find an old console ior two in you folks' attic? Alright for some! Doubt there's any in my somehow.....

IDCHAPPY
Yeah Mr Vengeance, forgot i'd put them there when i ran out of space in my flat, do like the atari 2600 though, got afew games for it too. I think i'll have to fire it up sometime check it still works Hmm

Mr Vengeance
Probably will - cart systems and cartridges last for years and then some.

RiKo
I have a Mattel Intelliviosn console - was my first console and has a nice faux-wood effect. The best thing about it is it has 16 directional 'joypad'. Howver the controller buttons are really painful to use over long periods of time. my fav game was Atlantis (also on Atari) and Skiing but I don't play on it anymore so time to say goodbye Smile

YouTube Video

I don't actually have any use for handheld consoles (don't play games on the move) but I do still have a love-affair with my original mono-Gameboy. I have Mario Land and Tetris and Double Dragon, and Spiderman and they are all great!!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
STE C
Funny I should check this thread as today I have been having my annual spring clean in my games room that consists of moving everything out then dusting all shelves and fixtures followed by a good vacuum, Then before all my game boxes and consoles go back in they are wiped over with a microfibre cloth it takes me all afternoon , anyways as I have them all on my landing ready to go back in hes a list of the consoles I have

Atari 2600
Atari Jaguar
Sega Megadrive x 2 UK
Medadrive switched to 60 hz
Asian Megadrive
Megadrive 2
Sega Master System 2
Snes
N64
Gamecube
Xbox
PS2 1 x slim 1 x old with mod chip
PS1
Pc Engine Supergrafix
Pc Engine white 1 original model
Pc Engine core grafix ( blue & grey
Pc Engine core 2 grey & orange * fave version*
Neo Geo cd
Neo Geo MVS first model with joystic ports
NG MVS with bios chip
Consolised MVS
Raven Games Supergun
Supergun * origin unknown but way better than the Raven games one*
Saturn UK
Saturn mod power to 60 hz for jap games
Dreamcast
Spectrum +

Still would like a Colecovision at some point and maybe a PGM like Merlin
Edited by STE C on 11. October 2009 17:33

Mr Vengeance
That's a lot of console Ste!!!!!!

Here's my little lot:

NES
SNES
N64
2 Gamecubes
Wii
3 Game Boy Colours
GBA
GBA SP
Nintendo DS Lite
Sega Mega Drive II
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Neo Geo AES
Xbox
Xbox 360
PS2
PS2 Slimline
PSP

Think thats it.... Smile

Need a PC Engine, and an NTSC Saturn.

IDCHAPPY
wow ste c thats alot of stuff, you must have a big loft or a spare room to stick your gear in, got enough megadrives a neo geo mvs stuff. Atleast if your stuck for cash you can always sell some of it Annoy

STE C
my collection is actually in my smallest bedroom and i have a comfy chair 2 x tvs and a surround sound system , its crampted but very cosy good job ive cooled my collecting down for now .

Yao
wow! When do you guys have the time to play all that stuff?
I only have my NeoGeos, my NeoGeo pocket my Neo CDZ and my Game Boy left. And I hardly find the time to play them properly.. Sometimes I wish I had my Super Nintendo and my Japanese Mega Drive again, that was my first console and I do miss it actually:(

I guess you have all of this more for collective reasons than to actually play them?

cthulhu
Nice collections, my current list of consoles:

Neo Geo AES (Euro, Uni-BIOS)
Neo Geo AES (Jap)
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Wonder Swan Crystal
Atari 2600
Atari Lynx I
Atari Lynx II
Sega Game Gear (Japanese Kid's Gear Virtua Fighter special edition)
Sega Master System
Sega Master System II
Sega Megadrive (Jap)
Sega Megadrive (Euro)
Sega "JAMMAdrive" (Megadrive JAMMA mod)
Sega Mega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
PC Engine
NES (2x)
Famiclone (Fake Famicom)
Fake NES (Looks like a SNES, but works as a NES)
Game Boy Advanced (2x)
Nintendo DS
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony PSP
Consolized Atomiswave
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

STE C
Consolized Atomiswave how i would love one of them , reason Rumble Fish 2

Mr Vengeance
Nice list cthulhu!!!

Yao wrote:
wow! When do you guys have the time to play all that stuff?
I only have my NeoGeos, my NeoGeo pocket my Neo CDZ and my Game Boy left. And I hardly find the time to play them properly.. Sometimes I wish I had my Super Nintendo and my Japanese Mega Drive again, that was my first console and I do miss it actually:(

I guess you have all of this more for collective reasons than to actually play them?

I've played all of these systems over the years, but don't play many of them now really. Of those, I only play the Neo, PS2 and Xbox 360 with any regularity. I mostly play Neo Geo AES collection packs on the PS2, but once I have those games for real then I will play that system less I think. IO use the Xbox 360 for downloaded Arcade games and the (few) modern games I enjoy.

My tastes change however fairly regularly. I've been really into the Neo since the summer, but may go back to primarily playing another format that takes my fancy for a while. Might start playing other genres too, used to play a lot of RPGs before, haven't done so in a while....

NeoGeoNinja
CTHULHU??!
I thought you'd disappeared off the face of the planet! Good to see you round and about Wink

So, seeing as this has turned into some kind of unofficial d*ck-measuring exercise, I might as well input my 2 cents worth, eh? (PAL, unless otherwise stated)

1x NES
1x 3DO FZ1
1x Jaguar
1x MD (Mk1)
1x MD (Mk2)
2x SNES
1x Saturn
3x Saturn - JP (white)
1x Saturn - JP (Skeleton NOT Derby Stallion)
1x PS1 (original model)
1x PSOne (slim model)
2x PS2 (original size - silver)
1x PS2 - JP (L.E. Pearl White - original size)
1x PS2 - JP (L.E. White GT4 pack - original size)
2x GC (Plat Silver)
1x GC (White)
1x GC (RE4 pack)
1x N64 ('iMac' Grape)
2x DC
2x DC (JP)
1x GGear (w/Shinobi 1, 2 & Ninja Gaiden!)
1x NGPC (camo blue)
1x GBAsp (Zelda Edition)
1x Ngage QD (w/KOF Extreme Headbang )

Thats it... for now Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Mr Vengeance
You've got a mighty fine collection dude!

You plan on buying a Neo Geo of some kind Ninja? Or are you happy playing the ports?

IDCHAPPY
You got enough saturns there NeoGeoNinja? but cool stuff for sure bud, I'd forgotten all about the dreamcast there... what ashame it sank it was full of good ideas just got playstationised :(

cthulhu
STE C wrote:
Consolized Atomiswave how i would love one of them , reason Rumble Fish 2

Very nice system to have...I bought it because at the time I didn't have any space in my flat to put a cab...Now I do and it sits almost permanently in one of my two cabs. Still have to buy Rumble Fish 2 though (maybe this year).

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
CTHULHU??!
I thought you'd disappeared off the face of the planet! Good to see you round and about Wink

Well I kinda did forums wise...I had a bit of a shitty time the last couple of months, up until now it has been the worst year ever, but everything is a bit better now.

So, seeing as this has turned into some kind of unofficial d*ck-measuring exercise, I might as well input my 2 cents worth, eh? (PAL, unless otherwise stated)
Ninja

Lists like these are nice aren't they??? Nice collection by the way.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

arcadematt
Around 5 years ago I started collecting retro consoles I had around 30/40 consoles and several games for each system. But I have sold them all now. I only really missed the saturn and the dreamcast, I have bought a couple of dreamcasts and loads of games a few months ago. I would never sell my coinop stuff off. I think I will still be playing games like shinobi and Wonderboy as a pensioner.

Jump to Forum: