3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: Powerwave
Thread ID: 2027
Thread Info
There are 5 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1479 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
fighting layer
Powerwave
neo geo ninja introduced me to the wonder that is fighting layer. to all those that don't know its a 3d fighter made by the same people who did the street fighter EX games. it looks like a dream to play even more combo tastic than EX+A. but what is realy upsetting is that it never got a home release, it was only in japanese arcades

does anyone have a clue about this game any info , trivia a i would like to know more about it

and is there definately no way of playing this game. i reallly want to play it.

you can look at vids of it on youtube and you will notice the addition of two EX fighters (allen and blair)
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

merlin
Powerwave although as you know I'm not really into 3d fighters I do play this occasionally. It's a good game and knowing what I do about your taste in games I think one that you would really enjoy. I mainly like to use Tetsuo. The gameplay is fast, fluid and has a good feel about it. The bonus rounds are quite amusing in this game too. In one you have to fight a knight in armour and in the other a shark.

To be honest I don't play the game all that often so perhaps someone else can tell you a bit more about the gameplay. I get the impression Reelmojo is a big fan of this game and he could probably go into more detail.

I did try playing this online with someone for the first time about a week ago. It was fun but unfortunately it ran pretty slowly for us online. I'm planning to try again though perhaps with a more recent version of Mame32++.

Powerwave I know you've said that you don't like emulation but are you sure you don't want to give this a try? You can play it using the Zinc or Mame emulators.

YouTube Video

Edited by merlin on 08. October 2009 12:56
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

reelmojo
I want to be a big fan of this game, but my PC runs it too slowly. The slow motion gameplay I've actually played coupled with the vids on YouTube make it one of the games from the Obscure Arcade Fighters thread that I want to play the most. Second only to Chaos Breaker, which isn't emulatable at all.

Sadly, emulation is the only way to go to play it I'm afraid. We can keep our fingers crossed that Namco will eventually put it on a collection or something though. Actually, a Namco fighting collection with all of their old stuff would be awesome! Mix in obscure stuff like Fighting Layer and Weaponlord with classics like Tekken and Soul Edge... I'd pre-order.

NeoGeoNinja
Powerwave wrote:
neo geo ninja introduced me to the wonder that is fighting layer. to all those that don't know its a 3d fighter made by the same people who did the street fighter EX games...

YOU HAD TO...
be made aware though, especially after our joint passion for the original EX+a!
The more Allen Snider... the BETTER as far as I'm concerned Headbang

(not forgetting most of the other EX'ers too of course Wink )

reelmojo wrote:
...Actually, a Namco fighting collection with all of their old stuff would be awesome! Mix in obscure stuff like Fighting Layer and Weaponlord with classics like Tekken and Soul Edge... I'd pre-order.

ARCADE PERFECT VERSIONS...
though right? ArcPerf Soul Edge FTW!... ah, they can bundle Ehrgeiz on there while that at it, just for good measure Grin

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 08. October 2009 17:55
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Powerwave
a namco fighting classic collection would be a dream come true.

there should be a shrine dedicated to allen snider on shaddi potters website that would be awesome hehe ile suggest it to himTerry

i might get my girl friend to show me how to download emulations, i would seriously need someone to sit down with me and do it for me and watch them. i guess i wouldn't mind if there was no other way of playing it. fingers crossed for a collection though hey.
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

Jump to Forum: