Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 2019
Thread Info
There are 83 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 47378 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Metal Slug 2 / Metal Slug X: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Hi gals and guys this week we're doing a doubble feature again (we've done it once before with Raguy / Magician Lord). But this week we will be doing Metal Slug 2 and Metal Slug X. There are some differnces to the games mainly which order you get to fight the bosses and ofcourse the wellknown slowdowns of MS2 are history in MSX. So which game will you post a score in first? Two games - Two Scoreboards...Good luck!

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/marco-zombi.gif

Metal Slug 2 / Metal Slug X Discussion thread:

http://www.neogeo...post_30364

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/14010601.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/14229401.jpg

image credit: The Arcade Flyer Archive

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO MVS / NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / EMULATOR

* Difficulty: MVS - level 4 / AES - MVS setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and I'll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal after the first week of challenge. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

G O O D www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/marco-falling.gif L U C K

Metal Slug 2 Scoreboard:

1. Merlin: Score: 2,856,820. Stage 6, played on Mame32++

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/mameppkgui2014-09-2420-10-20-71_zps54ca8263.jpg

2. Malignantpoodle: Score: 2,685,730 , Character Marco , Platform MVS

i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o510/bigpoodle/ms2ngfl_zpsd3a95562.jpg

3. Zakatek: Score: 1,919,210. Stage: 5, Character: Fio, Played on Finalburn Alpha

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/metal.jpg

4. Virtual Boy: Score: 1,881,310. Stage: 4 , Character: Marco, Played on: MVS

screenshot was shown but image link no longer works

5. NEO-GEO Man: Score: 1,864,540. , played on Euro BIOS AES console, got to the 2nd lot of trains in stage 5....

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/MetalSlug2.jpg

6. Murikov: Score: 1,659,820. Stage: 5 , Character: Tarma Roving , Played on: NCDZPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS

7. 1st Super TobalMan: Score: 1,520,019. , Stage: 4 (Boss)

8. Priest: Score: 1,169,430. Stage: 4 (Boss), Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: MVS , Dificulty level: 4.

9. ?

10. ?

Metal Slug X Scoreboard:

1. Malignantpoodle: Score: 2,938,410. , Character Marco , Platform MVS

i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o510/bigpoodle/msxngfl_zpsb172c2c9.jpg

2. Glowsquid Score: 2,218,190. , Character: Eri , Played on: Mame PLUS, Difficulty level: MVS , Died midway thru Stage 5.

3. M - Kof: Score: 1,538,690. Stage 3, Character: Tarma Roving, played on: Kawaks, Difficulty Level : MVS.

i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/Mustainekof/NG4L%20HSC%20Screenshot/mslugx000.png

4. TLO: Score: 1,374,130. , Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: Mame os x, Difficulty level: MVS , Died in the end of level tre(train stage) didn't make it to the boss

i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/ThorLeonOne/TLO_Mslug_1.png

5. Raiken: Score: 1,290,170. Stage: 3 using Character: Fio. MVS difficulty on AES mode Played on: Kawaks.

6. NEO-GEO Man: Score: 1,234,600. , Stage: 3, Using Fio, Played on Euro BIOS AES console.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/MetalSlugX.jpg

7. Priest: Score: 1,122,990. , Character: Marco Rossi, Stage: 3 (railroad) died by the "miniboss" Played on: MVS , Difficulty level MVS.

8. Merlin: Score: 946,470. Stage: 3 , Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: Final Burn Evolution

9. ?

10. ?

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/marco-metal-knife.gif
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
priest
I think Ill give MS2 a go after lunch!

priest
OK so my stomach is full after having some food so I decided to give METAL SLUG 2 a go and this is my best run today. I finished the first two stages 'PERFECT' With all the prisoners rescued. I finished the first stage with the tank intact. Man I love this gameSmile

Priest: Score: 1,169,430. Stage: 4 (Boss), Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: MVS , Dificulty level: 4.

Scoreboard, Medals and Hall of fame are updated.

merlin
Nice score Priest. I had a few tries at Metal Slug 2 and although I'm pretty happy with my score it wasn't quite enough to beat you. This game seems a lot easier to me than Metal Slug X.

Metal Slug 2:

Merlin: Score: 1,154,330. Stage: 5 , Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: Final Burn Evolution, Difficulty level: 4

img199.imageshack.us/img199/5155/fbevo2009101023393164.jpg

priest
Welcome to the MS2 scoreboards Merlin. Good jobThumbs Up

Yea to me MS2 is a lot easier than MSX, it might be because Ive played MS2 a lot more an Im more used to the gameplay in this one and which order the bosses appear. Did you manage to finish a stage with every rescued POW?

I think Ill give MSX a try too but I expect a lower score...

Scoreboard and hall of fame are updated.
Edited by priest on 11. October 2009 08:48

Zakatek
Metal Slug II

Zakatek: Score: 1,919,210, Stage: 5, Character: Fio, Played on Finalburn Alpha

Damn! Angry I lost my two lives before 3rd stage boss and i lost all my prisoners. I could have done much better. :(
Zakatek attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Edited by Zakatek on 11. October 2009 18:32

priest
Welcome back to the HSC and good job Zakatek. The "goldcoin" is yoursThumbs Up

Thanks guys for presenting your highscores this way guys!

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.
Edited by priest on 11. October 2009 18:51

merlin
priest wrote:
Welcome to the MS2 scoreboards Merlin. Good jobThumbs Up

Yea to me MS2 is a lot easier than MSX, it might be because Ive played MS2 a lot more an Im more used to the gameplay in this one and which order the bosses appear. Did you manage to finish a stage with every rescued POW?

I think Ill give MSX a try too but I expect a lower score...

Scoreboard and hall of fame are updated.

Thanks Priest. If I remember correctly I did finish the first two stages with all the POWs. I think I can definitely do better so I'm going to have another go.

Nice score Zak. Thumbs Up

merlin
I managed a bit of an improvement but still nowhere near Zak's score. The first 4 stages are all pretty easy really but I'm not as good at scoring in the game.

Metal Slug 2

Merlin: Score: 1,274,120. Stage: 5 , Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: Final Burn Evolution, Difficulty level: 4

img377.imageshack.us/img377/849/fbevo2009101315445070.jpg
Edited by merlin on 13. October 2009 16:24

priest
Gold -> Silver -> Bronze -> ...Angry

...Ahem, What I mean is good job MerlinSmile

Scoreboard, Hall of fame and Medals are updated.
Edited by priest on 13. October 2009 19:11

merlin
I had a go at Metal Slug X. The results weren't very impressive but at least I tried. I'll definitely try and improve on this though. It really does seem a lot harder than Metal Slug 2. I do have a screenshot but since it's such a low score didn't think it was worth posting really.

Merlin: Score: 946,470. Stage: 3 , Character: Marco Rossi , Played on: Final Burn Evolution

priest
Merlin: Good job with the MSX scoreThumbs Up I will try this challenge too so it will be good to have someone to compare / compete withSmile

Scoreboards and hall of fame are updated.

priest
I had a go at Metal Slug X and this is how I did:

Priest: Score: 1,122,990. , Character: Marco Rossi, Stage: 3 (railroad) died by the "miniboss" Played on: MVS , Difficulty level MVS.

MSX is really more difficult already in the early stages. I only finished the first stage with all the POW rescued and with the "slug" intact. I finished the second stage with only one rescued POW and no vehicle. I got to the middle of the third stage, up to the boss that you usually face att the end of the first stage in MS2.

On the second stage the tomb (second part) you can shoot the "eyepaintings" on the wall of the tower to receive "gems". You can also uncover a bat made of fire and if you collect it you get 30,000. points.

On the railroad stage (3) at one point you get to jump between traincarts and if you jump at the right time you are awarded with 50,000. points.

...A litle help I discovered to boost my rather poor scoreSmile

...O yea, Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.
Edited by priest on 18. October 2009 12:18

Raiken
img25.imageshack.us/img25/5776/mslugx000.png

Finally got a chance to try one of these challenges. Here's one for Metal Slug X. Died on the mid boss in stage 3 using Fio. MVS difficulty on AES mode with Kawaks.
Edited by Raiken on 13. November 2009 22:24
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

priest
Welcome to the HSC and well done, RaikenThumbs Up

Scoreboards, hall of fame and medals are updated.

TLO
i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/ThorLeonOne/TLO_Mslug_1.png

Hi guys, here is my score. anyways something pisses me off the emulated MVS version I played, I didn't beat the first place "SNK".. why does my game have higher first place score, anyone can fill me in on details on that?

Metal Slug X: I played Marco died in the end of level tre(train stage) didn't make it to the bossAnnoyed played the game on Mame os x, difficulty level 4.
Edited by priest on 11. December 2009 22:38

priest
TLO: Hi and welcome to this challenge. I can see that you have been keeping yourself busyThumbs Up

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.
Edited by priest on 11. December 2009 22:36

TLO
I played X. Forgot to mention. I have edited it in my post
Edited by TLO on 11. December 2009 22:39

priest
Yea I noticed just after posting my questionSmile

TLO
So priest, any know how about the highest score being different from slug x versions? Maybe AES mode highest score is different from the MVS score or something, alot of you guys scores in the screenshots is in first place, thats really weird..

Are there different rom realeses or different MVS/AES realeses, where the highest rank is changed, the "SNK" score in my version is 1,682,169?Shrug

Jump to Forum: