Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 2011
Thread Info
There are 21 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 24765 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
GuiltyGear or BlazBlue??!
GuiltyGear GuiltyGear 71%[5 Votes]
BlazBlue BlazBlue 29%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
BLAZBLUE: Continuum Shift...
NeoGeoNinja
WELL BOYS...
it seems that it's not only SF4 that is getting its standard incremental update.

Here's an article from another site INCLUDING some lovely scans for you to look over! Raise your glasses to the guys who brought you this info.

http://www.moetro...ced-scans/

HERE IS SOME ADDITIONAL INFO...
I have pilfered from UK fighting game community site NeoEmpire. ALL the following info is thanks to them, so thanks guys! Clap

"Arc System Works, took time out at this week’s Tokyo Games Show to announce that a new version of BlazBlue is on the way! Known as BlazBlue:Continuum Shift, the updated version of the game features:

* Tsubaki Yaoi now playable.
* At least one more new character confirmed.
* System changes; how it’s being balanced is not specified.
* New HUD.
* New stages; old stages redone.
* Arcade version will receive a Beginner Mode for easier input of combos/moves, etc.
* All existing characters will receive new moves; Rachel (new Distortion Drive), Carl (new projectile with Nirvana), Arakune (new curse attack), Ragna (new dive attack), etc.
* Nu is now known as “Λ-11 (Lambda)”.
* A plethora of character changes.
* New character portraits.

The game will be released in Japanese arcades this year, with a console release expected sometime in the future."

ALSO, PPL OF EUROPE...
might want to know that ARC System Works of Europe, are holding a competition to create the cover art for the impending EU release of Blazblue on the PS3 and Xbox 360. But that’s not all. Should you win, you’ll receive a copy of the game, a signed poster by the original creators of BlazBlue, T-Shirts and other goodies too.

Even if your entry is not the submission that goes on the cover, it may still be shortlisted to be used in the manual and you’ll even get your name in the credits for the game!
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

STE C
With reference to the votes I prefer the Guilty Gear series so far although I have enjoyed BB at this time it is not as enjoyable as GG but that could well change if the series continues.

Midian
So this is gonna be a totally new game? I read some stuff that it was gonna be DLC but I don't know now. Don't think Hazama is a really cool character (he's been confirmed, read the article again) but won't judge 'till I play. Will probably stick to Ragna and Noel anyway.

I think they're coming a bit too early with this, BlazBlue has only been out for a couple of months. I really love BlazBlue, but if the game comes out for 60 bucks, I'm not sure if I'll get it on release like the first game.

Looking forward to this game though!
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Midian
Okay, Hazama is batshit crazy but has a cool chain attack, I don't really get how to play him though and I can't be bother to figure out just by hitting comands. Lambda 11 is just a crappy replacement for Nu 13.

Tsubaki is pretty awesome to play with imo. I like the way she charges her special attacks and she has some cool attacks. I'll play CS with her and stick with Ragna in CT.

Artwork has changed a bit but it's still pretty good.

Midian
Seriously, am I the only one who played this by now and I don't even live near an arcade? Pfft

RiKo
so we are getting the original game and Japan gets the updated version? grrr. or do we get the update versin too? i hope so, i would buy this game for sure but probably only when its gets cheaper ( i am tight and almost always wait for games to get cheap)
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoStrayCat
I'm hearing from reports and other sources that CT has been "Leaked" and can be played (on a decent performance) PC being the Taito Type X2 is just a PC Engine. Here's something for the LoL's. Pfft

YouTube Video

card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Wild Tengu
img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/Stuff/BBSC.jpg

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
NeoStrayCat
Grin
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 26. January 2010 17:02
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Midian
Goddamn you Tengu I thought I was the first one who played this. Pfft

Your thoughts on it though?

Vexan
I hate your poll Ninja xD Franco

I can't chose, Guilty Gear is so amazing, I can't go and chose between those 2, anyway, I've got Calamity Trigger and lemme tell you I'm one huge Blazblue fan, this game rocks and I'm definitly gonig to buy Blazblue portable and Continuum Shift.. been thinking about Battle X Battle but doesn't seem worth buying a DSi just for..

Anyway, Continuum Shift, so looking foward to this!
i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/VexanRFM/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/vexansiggie1500x150t3xt.png

www.freewebs.com/rockmanfullmoon
reelmojo
Some of the changes I've read about CT sound very interesting. Hopefully they'll announce how and when it's coming to consoles soon. BB was fighting game of '09 for me, possibly game of the year.

I'm gonna have to look up how to get Taito Type X2 games running on a PC... not that they'd run on mine, but original Type X games should follow the same principle so maybe I could finally play Chaos Breaker.

Midian
Vexan wrote:
I hate your poll Ninja xD Franco

I can't chose, Guilty Gear is so amazing, I can't go and chose between those 2, anyway, I've got Calamity Trigger and lemme tell you I'm one huge Blazblue fan, this game rocks and I'm definitly gonig to buy Blazblue portable and Continuum Shift.. been thinking about Battle X Battle but doesn't seem worth buying a DSi just for..

Anyway, Continuum Shift, so looking foward to this!

You are seriously gonna get BB Portable when you can play it on PS3 or Xbox?

reelmojo
I was playing Guilty Gear X2 #Reload on my PSP the other day at the laundromat so I have to say that having a quality fighter with you wherever you go is pretty awesome. I bought that even though I own it on XBox. However, that game is on PSN for $5 and BlazBlue Portable will be a full priced title. So, when BBP comes down in price I could see myself getting it. The new mode sounds cool, and as long as it's cheap I can overlook the drop in visual quality for a chance to practice on the go.

Then again, where do I play my PSP the most? On the couch. Shrug

Oh, and in the poll I voted for BB and I voted hard! I like GG, I really do. But with BB it was love at first sight.

Midian
Well, it's cool to play those games when you're on the road I guess but I really hate playing fighting games on the PSP so yeah.

RiKo
yes, i never play on portable games machines anymore. They are good for holidays or if you are school i think, but otherwise u just play them at home so there's not much point. One day i would like to get a PSP and that Ghouls + Ghosts game though. I see lots of people playing on their phones - but very rarely on dedicated handheld consoles.

I chose Guilty Gear in the poll. btw. cos i have never played Blaz Blue. I have GGX on Dreamcast and GGX2 on Xbox 1. I still prefer the original game though. I love themusic in GG all distinctive rock music - a lot of guitar music in fighting games is just noise that drifts into the background and u don't notice it.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Wild Tengu
Midian wrote:
Goddamn you Tengu I thought I was the first one who played this. Pfft

Your thoughts on it though?

My thoughts?

This
img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/Fat%20Girls/Keiji-Ino/lol_I_still_need_to_play_this_by_Ye.jpg

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
merlin
Thanks for the info Ninja. I couldn't actually vote in your poll because like Vexan it's impossible for me to choose between Blaz Blue and Guilty Gear. I love them both equally.

I really miss Blaz Blue since I traded my PS3 copy in but I'll definitely end up buying the original Blaz Blue and also Continuum Shift for 360.

The fact that it's now possible to play Continuum Shift on a PC doesn't really excite me all that much to be honest considering it'll get a console release anyway with netplay of course. What is genuinely exciting though is that the ultimate prize might finally be within our grasp soon: Chaos Breaker. I've played this a few times in an arcade. It really is an amazing fighting game and when we get to play this on a PC it will be time to really celebrate.
Edited by merlin on 31. January 2010 19:30

reelmojo
Yeah, if you hear about Chaos Breaker becoming playable before I do, let me know! I'll do the same for you.

If I thought my PC could handle Continuum Shift I'd try it out for sure. That wouldn't stop me from buying it of course, but there's no way my old PC could handle something like that anyway so I'll just have to patiently wait until Aksys gives us a release date. Let's hope we at least hear something before E3!

Powerwave
hey guys I appologise if its all ready been mentioned but I was wondering if contiuum shift was gonna get a uk release. I can't find any info to say its been given a uk release.
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

Jump to Forum: