Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Shadi_Potter
Thread ID: 2009
Thread Info
There are 37 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 21183 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Quartermaster: Capcom/SNK fansites
Shadi_Potter
Hello guys, Shadi here. I'm back after a long hiatus.

Anyway, I've compiled my new site along with both Capcom and SNK shrines. I'm still tuning up the Capcom shrine but I'll also continue adding shrines for the SNK site (which now have quite a handful of game shrines like KoF to Samurai Shodown).

I hope you do enjoy. Check out the link below.

Arcade Quartermaster Smile

C&C are quite appreciated.
Edited by Shadi_Potter on 27. February 2012 01:59

http://www.arcadequartermaster.com
NeoGeoNinja
Shadi_Potter wrote:

Anyway, I've compiled my new site along with both Capcom and SNK shrines. I'm still tuning up the Capcom shrine but I'll also continue adding shrines for the SNK site (which now have quite a handful of game shrines like KoF to Samurai Shodown).

The New Quartermaster Smile

Hi Shadi....

Looks like you've been a busy man! The site looks good. I like how you've tried to settle on a specifc layout, regardless of game, maintaining consistency if you will. I'm a big fan of consistency... especially if it's good.

I noticed (thought you'd like to know) that your AOF3 link appears to be broken.

ALSO... just a general comment or two. Personally, I think that your sections on specific games (like the SVC chaos one for example) would perhaps benefit from less busy BKGDs, as I find they detract from the images and in particular, the text. I had couple of instances where the pages loaded without images and a solid colour was diplayed... I found these much easier on the eye. Like I say, this is just a personal perspective. Perhaps adding a rich black layer of 50% opacity may help? or 50% of the nearest colour (i.e. the KOF 95 one is blue, so a 50% blue layer would take the edge off it - colur picked of course!).

THE ONLY OTHER THING...
was on the Capcom sites jukebox, I think one or two Q-sound intro's would be good, but as soon as it fires up it reels off about 20 variations! Just a thought...

VERY ENJOYABLE...
though, and well laid out too. I really liked on the samurai Shodown section, how on the moves list, you also included a character sprite mid move! Nice Thumbs Up
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Shadi_Potter
Thanks for the comments. Well, readability is also one of my main issues in terms of using backgrounds.

AoF3 link is "sealed", thanks for that. I can't visualize yet how to start the AoF2 alone, my old AoF2 site stashed in my HD was like a KoF slugfest in terms of image numbers. In fact, I do have a lot of remaining indiv. sites I have to concatenate on the Capcom/SNK sites.

I didn't get the SvC Chaos thing though. The Capcom/SNK bgs there are semi-transparent atop a solid color. In my understanding, you're suggesting of the SNK bg colors like that of the KoF 94 blue color so the SNK and blue bg match. Smile

As for the Q Sound intros, it's quite insane to have 4 mins. worth of various versions, but the tracks there are simply derived from YT and there's no single track yet that I could use. Perhaps I'll find a game that uses the Q sound intro once so I'll have it as the starting track.

And about the move shots, I really include them if the average number of moves is about 2-4 per character (though I didn't do it in Karnov's Revenge) I did the same with SF2 which only has 2-3 each. It does give the extra kick for the visuals. Though perhaps for future games I'll just stick on capturing super move shots.

Powerwave
ive just spent the last hour on your website and i must say i like it alot its win win win Thumbs Up i loved looking at the breakrs page (of corse) and i was interested in the quotes you have and the full names of the characters which was new to me as i have japanese breakes so i cant see the english.

it was also realy nice and refreshing to see a page dedicated to the street fighter EX games. i know that people fromfar and wide loathe the EX games but i for one realy love SF EX plus it holds a speacial place inmy heart and i still come back to it even today.
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

NeoGeoNinja
Powerwave wrote:
...it was also realy nice and refreshing to see a page dedicated to the street fighter EX games. i know that people fromfar and wide loathe the EX games but i for one realy love SF EX plus it holds a speacial place inmy heart and i still come back to it even today.

OH POWERWAVE...
you 'win win win' mate... love SFEX+Alpha on PS1! It was a really cool game. I really liked all the new characters too. Particularly Blair & Kairi. C.Jack & Skullo were damn cool too (not forgetting the amazing Allen Snyder?!). Sadly, I didn't like SFEX2 or 3... thought they were pretty gash. Still, while SFEX1 exists, who needs 'em... that game is great as is!

I look like Cycloid Beta at the weekends... FACT LOL

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Shadi_Potter
@Powerwave

Thanks a lot. I'm still considering if I'll also do a shrine for the original Breakers (I find its VS and victory artwork way superior than in Revenge).

In SF EX, I'm like affiliated to Doctrine Dark's gameplay style. I'm not a master of the game but it's like I play D. Dark way better than any EX character, even the originals like Ryu or Ken. And oh yeah, Allen's "Sow Fos" and "Faiyaa Fos" were crazy enough for us back in the day.

I kinda liked SFEX2 though than SFEX2+. Weird. IMO the best change in SFEX+A was D.Dark's sewer stage. Geez, it's like Moses turned the sewage water into the "First Plague". Shock

Powerwave
ninja: yay another EX lover im in the same boat. i could live happily with just EX+alpha although i do like EX2 as well. EX+ is just awesome and has a great feel to it the new characters are a dream allen snider was a fave of mine i loved getting close to my foe and doing a vaulting kick. i think that d.dark and skullomania are some of the best character designs i love em dearly.... f### it im gonna just play it now im all excited now

interestingly EX+alpha is my brothers fave street fighter game he thinks that nothing can match it in gameplay and characters.... and although i dont think its the best its defo the most underated and one of my top sf games.

shadi: i dont have breakers revenge but i do think the character profiles aren't as good everyone seems to prefer them but i prefer the orginal breakers profiles.

allen was defo a great adition even if he was just another shoto. the sewer was my fave level on EX+alpha made me feel like a ninja turtle.

Shadi_Potter
It's bad that Allen, Blair and Hayate are the one-hit wonders of the EX series. Allen just gives you another familiar feel without using Ryu or Ken. I usually feel awkward using Blair and Hayate but his sword attacks are awesome. In addition, I also loved D.Dark's more polished and "armored" look in EX2.

Actually, the blue currents of water in SFEX+A's sewer stage becomes a...

Spoiler Alert! To See The Content, Just Click On The Image!
stream of blood.

Well, I guess I had to work on 1 Capcom shrine and 1 SNK shrine again for this month. Later.
Edited by Shadi_Potter on 03. October 2009 02:34

Powerwave
i would have loved allen to be in another sf game hes a super star even though hes another shoto clone but i guess the fact that so many fighters apperaed in EX and never made it past EX makes us love EX even more

Powerwave
oh i just read your spoiler and in EX + A there is no blood filled sewer at first how does it happenShrug is there a cheat or something

Shadi_Potter
Powerwave wrote:
oh i just read your spoiler and in EX + A there is no blood filled sewer at first how does it happenShrug is there a cheat or something

I read that Allen (as a property of Arika) is in another fighting game by Arika together with Blair, the game is called Fighting Layer. I had never seen or played it, though.

Oh, I think the sewer stage is censored in home consoles. Possibly the blood sewer is only in the arcade SFEX+. Here it is.

quartermaster.hostrator.com/capcom/sfex/bg_d.d.png

Powerwave
looks cooool. me and ninja were talking over PM about fighting layer it looks aweeeesssome and ninja told me that it never got a home port release

Shadi_Potter
Hi guys.

Uploaded Fatal Fury 2 for the month of October.

I really need to go back updating the Capcom site also, but I'm torn between Gem Fighter or CvS2 for the next shrine. Grin

I'll be leaving for Texas for 1 week by the end of October, so I hope I could finish up a game shrine for the Capcom site by then.

Powerwave
gem fighters - theres not enough love for the silly ness of gem fighters

merlin
I had a good look at the site today. I looked through the World Heroes and Breakers Revenge sections. I really like the way everything is laid out. It looks very good. Having a separate section for Breakers would be a nice idea actually despite the two games being so similar. I'll definitely keep an eye on the site.

Good work Shadi. Thumbs Up

Powerwave Fighting Layer is actually a pretty good game. I'm not normally into 3d fighters but I do like to play this occasionally.
Edited by merlin on 07. October 2009 20:22

Shadi_Potter
Powerwave wrote:
gem fighters - theres not enough love for the silly ness of gem fighters

Request granted, Powerwave. Consider it a belated birthday gift. Grin

Anyway, I still feel I had to expand that shrine in future updates, perhaps captures for the Flash Combos.

Another SNK shrine coming up this November.

bojan4o
hey there you have some nice page keep up with the good work and in no time we will see (i hope) all games from snk there so good luck and take care
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Shadi_Potter
bojan4o wrote:
hey there you have some nice page keep up with the good work and in no time we will see (i hope) all games from snk there so good luck and take care

Thanks dude, I'm really looking forward to have as many SNK fighting games on the shrine as well. I had to focus first on the fighting genre. Perhaps I could feature some of my favorite SNK beat em ups in the future as well. *cough*crossed*cough*swords*cough*sengoku 3*cough*

Just had Fatal Fury 3 uploaded on the SNK site. I had to skip on the "slugfest" type games for a while (FF Special, KoF'98) since they will really be big shrines once they kick off.

Anyway, I'll be back to another Capcom shrine for this month after a few more updates to the previous Fatal Fury shrines.

Later. Smile
Edited by Shadi_Potter on 14. November 2009 04:47

CrazyDiamond
Shadi_Potter wrote:

The New Quartermaster Smile

Nice site!!!

Shadi_Potter
Hello guys!

My sincere apologies for having not been able to update for quite a long while. But finally I managed to get the site back up from another "hiatus". XD

Anyway, to recap:
1) Both games under Mega Man Wars in the Capcom Shrine is updated!
2) ADK needs some love. For some beat-em-up one-on-one fighting, Aggressors of Dark Kombat is now up in the SNK shrine! Very minor tweaks on World Heroes too.
3) I just can't resist not to include the first Breakers game. The original game's artwork just kicks major ass. So, both Breakers games deserve a main title shrine.

That will be all for now. I really should dedicate this upcoming February for the 2nd anniv of my Capcom site for some new shrines/updates, as well as new intro fakeshots/art.

Later.

Jump to Forum: