Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2005
Thread Info
There are 228 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Super Street Fighter IV
reelmojo
Two new stages:

Africa
www.fightersgeneration.com/np3/game/super4-27.jpg

Korea
www.fightersgeneration.com/np3/game/super4-26.jpg

Korea is obviously for Juri, but is Africa a hint that Elena will be in the game?

Powerwave
the africa stage kind of reminds me of a alpha stage. maybe its the way its designed or maybe its the location.
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

RiKo
i like the Africa stage!, it reminds me of the ones in DOA Ultimate + DOA4. ihope they have de-muscled Chun-Li in the new version, was like a man with big hands from the neck down!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Powerwave
hey riko dont be rude about my wifes big muscular thighs. if her legs werent that big she wouldnt be able to kick ure butt online haha

Powerwave
actualy this africa stage also reminds me of the one in fighters history dynamite

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Two new stages:

Africa
Korea

Korea is obviously for Juri, but is Africa a hint that Elena will be in the game?

KOREA...
like you said, is obviously for Juri BUT I'm having a wee issue with Juri and her so-called 'TaeKwonDo' Roll Eyes

As for Africa? From memory, isn't there supposed to be a 2nd Newcomer to SF4 so surely it's his stage? Not so sure on this anymore though Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
You're right, those were the rumors for a while, but of course nothing is concrete. I had forgotten about that though, so you're probably right that it's for him and not Elena. Elena's stage should be a desert anyway.

And yes Riko, it reminds me of some Dead or Alive stages too. Like the games or not (I do) you can't deny the fun of kicking someone into a hippo.

HexElf
AFAIK the characters that are left to be announced accordidng to "the list" is Ibuki, Makoto and Dudley from SF3 and a new character called Hakan whose allegedly a middle eastern grappler. "The list" is supposedly comprised of leaked information and has predicted every announcement so far, including Adon, Guy and Cody. It can be found HERE
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
NeoGeoNinja
HexElf wrote:
AFAIK the characters that are left to be announced accordidng to "the list" is Ibuki, Makoto and Dudley from SF3 and a new character called Hakan whose allegedly a middle eastern grappler. "The list" is supposedly comprised of leaked information and has predicted every announcement so far, including Adon, Guy and Cody. It can be found HERE

I MUST SAY...
I'll be chuffed to see Dudley & Ibuki in SF4. I ALSO really like Makoto, but personally, would have really liked to have seen an SF4 incarnation of Alex because he's THE MAN! More grapplers is surely a good idea? Simply to even out the evil Zangief imbalance?

"You can't escape!"

Ninja

RiKo
Ninja - Ryu is THE man! Smile

wow Hexelf i like this 'List'. i wish there was one for sports results.....

mojo - yes my fav thing in DOA4 is knocking people into cars which are driving past very fast. i do like the DOA games, i think 4 is my favourite, i hope they still make a new one Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Powerwave
i am pleased that ibuki and dudley are making it. when i imagine the new grappler i cant get darrun mister out of my head shame that it wont be haggar having a wrestle with the red cyclone.

Powerwave
hey thanks for the list hex elf very interesting

HexElf
NG Ninja
- Well if Hakan is actually what the list says he is then we'll have three real grapplers. And one half if you consider Seth's teleporting SPD.

I have to agree with Powerwave though, no one could ever replace Darun as Zangief's finest opponents. Brahma Bomb could make even Alex weep.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
reelmojo
Straight from Shoryuken so some of you might have seen these already, but still:

Blanka Toy hiding first look at new character:
shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2hrk585.jpg
Probably our first look at Hakan.

And, character select screen:
i47.tinypic.com/snmb1j.jpg
A spot for Hakan is no surprise, but three empty spots otherwise? That's one more new character than expected! And since the characters seem to be loosely grouped by theme it's quite possible they're all from the same game... namely SF3. Further confirmation of what HexElf posted since the only characters missing now would be Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki.

Ibuki!!! Thumbs Up
Edited by reelmojo on 19. December 2009 01:54

garu21
Africa stage looks amazing i realy like it MOJO

does anyone have the pc version of SF4 would like to play against him
[img][/img]

Klarkus
Whoa everytime i make a thread about SF4 no one ever replies:(

I play SF4 every day on xbox live so if anyone fancies a few beating add me

GT: Turtleing

oh back on topic though

Who do you think the last chars will be? Its bound to be 3rd strike

Ibuki, Dudley (another boxer yay) and hugo i reckon

I would rather it be makoto instead of ibuki though...in fact all the 3s chars would be cool in it - Q, Urien, Twelve, Yun, Yang, Sean lol
Edited by Klarkus on 24. December 2009 18:39
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

reelmojo
I'll add you next time I get on my 360... which might be a while due to Christmas and all of that. I haven't played SFIV in a long time, mostly because of BlazBlue, so I'm sure I will be the one receiving the beatings, but it's all good.

NeoGeoNinja
Klarkus wrote:
GT: Turtleing

HEH...
Guile player eh? Well... I know I am! Grin

Klarkus wrote:
Who do you think the last chars will be? Its bound to be 3rd strike

Ibuki, Dudley (another boxer yay) and hugo i reckon

I would rather it be makoto instead of ibuki though... in fact all the 3s chars would be cool in it - Q, Urien, Twelve, Yun, Yang, Sean lol

I'M WITH YA THERE...
I'm (seemingly) one of the few who adores 3S. I love the diversity offered by all the characters too, ummm... maybe not Twelve though. Sorry. Q rocks though! Headbang

Personally though, I'd rather see Ibuki>Makoto because Ibuki is my main! So it figures, huh? As (probably, haven't checked) mentioned above, I'd like: Alex, Dudley & Ibuki.

Ninja

Klarkus
Im a guile player on Super Turbo HD but guile is so bad in SF4. I main abel, sagat, rufus, ryu, bison, balrog...i play as all though

I use to love playing as twelve just cuz he was low tier and it was cool transforming into your opponent Smile I like Ibuki but i just prefered maktoto (my main lol)

Well i heard there is 5 more new chars not 4...

Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, Hakan (new guy) and another char that is a "shadow" and apparently throws out sonic booms - some people think shadow charlie or even another type of seth. Gonna be cool to find out. I just wanna see the 3S chars in SF4 animation...I am definately maining Makoto and Dudley Smile
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Klarkus wrote:
Im a guile player on Super Turbo HD but guile is so bad in SF4. I main abel, sagat, rufus, ryu, bison, balrog...i play as all though

HEH...
I don't think Guile is bad at all (aside what the Tiers will tell you). I'm a decent player, BUT I'm no juggle-whore-memorising tourney wannabe (or a Scrub Gouki or Gouken player, LOL)... maybe that's why I find him alright. I just play a solid Guile I guess, more offensive than defensive though.

I find Ryu & Zangief (aside Gouki & Gouken) to be the most offensive in this game. Zangief because of his 'command-animation'/guaranteed 360 and Ryu 'cause of his piece 'o' piss juggle set-ups (seriously though? DP w/LP > Super???). Infact, all the juggling ability of the super moves I find extremely disturbing, especially the likes of Balrogs for example. Guess the 3D nature is in 'more' than just the visual style, huh? Sagat doesn't bother me much, because I'm biased: 1) He's the hardest/best 2D fighter ever created and... 2) He's Sagat. He deserves to be ABSOLUTELY solid in all his games! After all, he is THE MAN!

I'M GLAD...
you mentioned Abel. He was the only good extra character to come out of SF4 IMO... I cannot stand the others (aside CViper DOES look the sh*t!). I really enjoy using him BUT I do feel super cheap each time I Roll>EX Command Throw (dunno the name, but you know the one... for now, I'll call it the 'Rotary Washing Line' ).

ANYWAY...
hopefully they'll balance out some of Sagat & Ryu's crazy juggle sh*t by SSF4. Hah! I doubt it though!!

Klarkus wrote:
Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, Hakan (new guy) and another char that is a "shadow" and apparently throws out sonic booms - some people think shadow charlie or even another type of seth. Gonna be cool to find out. I just wanna see the 3S chars in SF4 animation...I am definately maining Makoto and Dudley Smile

FIRST I'VE HEARD...
about a 'Shadow' character, how exciting! I'll tell you this though: If it IS Shadow Charlie, well... I'll get VERY excited about that. Regardless of Guile's existence I would still loved to have seen Charlie make his appearance... LOVE the guy! Fingers crossed for a MSHvsSF 'Shadow' inclusion ^_^

I TOO...
cannot wait to see some 3S characters in SF4 form. I think (again... booooring) that the likes of Alex, Dudley & Ibuki would look especially good if done right, especially if they use the characters SF3 art direction etc specifically.

Let's hope they don't f*ck up they're exact fighting styles, like Fei Long for example. Love that guy in 2X the most, but even so, they felt the need to F'around with his basic fighting style... which in-turn, ruined the fun of using Fei-Long for me. I SINCERELY hope they leave (for example) all of Ibuki's standard attack moves and command moves INTACT - or you can probably count me out.

Ninja

Jump to Forum: