Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 2002
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2573 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Genjuro vs Moriya!
Genjuro Genjuro 100%[7 Votes]
Moriya Moriya 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
SAMURAI SHODOWN ANTHOLOGY (PAL)...
NeoGeoNinja
Indeed... I already have SSpirts Rokuban Shoubu for PS2(JP), howoever, I am always keen to get myself the UK version too for my UK game collection also.

I have heard no official news of a PAL release but had been led to believe that there were some PAL releases doing the rounds. Has anyone seen a copy in their local gamestore (i.e. GameStation??)

Interestingly, I found a sealed copy on eBay!
http://cgi.ebay.c...286.c0.m14

Goddamn! I may just have to contact Ignition about it? I really want to try an English/Localised version of SS6 to see how I get on with it. The overbearingly heavy Japanese text used in JP PS2's SS6 is quite overwhelming Shock

Ninja

STE C
I have also been waiting for this on Pal , like you Ninja I also have SS6 on import and would be interested to understand it more. I voted Genjuro he is one evil fuc*er and a very wise choice good all round fighter.

Powerwave
genjuro is the best samurai spirits fighter bar none... i wouldnt mind getting this when it appears in my local gamestation.
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

Midian
I've played the PAL Wii version and I wasn't too impressed. I was really looking forward to play Samurai Shodown 6 but all the different styles kinda ruined it for me, I like my fighters with one style for each character. The Samurai Shodown V port was pretty good though, and much better than the PS2 port, but I'd rather play this on emulation (or one day get it for MVS!)
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

AES_Collector
I bought the PAL version (PS2) this summer. It's pretty good, although I was disappointed that there was no option to turn off the sprite blurring filter.
Neo-Geo is pure bliss!

NeoGeoNinja
AES_Collector wrote:
I bought the PAL version (PS2) this summer. It's pretty good, although I was disappointed that there was no option to turn off the sprite blurring filter.

OUT OF INTEREST...
where about are you located (in the world!) and if in the UK, where did you get it from?
Also... did KOF98UM get a UK/PAL release yet??

Ninja

Midian
According to GameFAQS there should be a PAL version out there, though I've never seen it anywhere yet. Maybe you wanna import the US version?
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Zakatek
My fav SS character is Ukyo. I think Genjuro is better than Moriya. Moriya is a good fighter but Genjuro is so badass. He is the man Headbang

Mr Vengeance
Ignition only released it into some EU countries - Italy, Germany and the Benelux counties got it, but not the UK or Ireland.

NeoGeoNinja
Mr Vengeance wrote:
Ignition only released it into some EU countries - Italy, Germany and the Benelux counties got it, but not the UK or Ireland.

ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS??
how on earth do you know this? If this IS true, then I feel a bit gutted to be honest. Especially as Germany & Italy are f*cking crazy when it comes to prices... nutters! Heh, as for Benelux... random!
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Mr Vengeance
eBay.

KOF '98 is available in the EU too. Somewhere. I've seen it in Italy.

Ignition released a whole load of games into Europe, including the UK a couple of years ago. Games like Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 and the Art of Fighting Anthology. They didn't make it to Ireland though. We did get SNK Arcade Classics on the Wii, (and never KOF Orochi Collection either). Ignition were really limited in what they brought to Ireland but the UK got them all at this point. But... these games did not sell well, and GameStation 'reduced them to clear'. The next wave of SNK games didn't make it to the UK, so the likes of SamSho Anthology and KOF '98 UM only got released in continental Europe, in countries where the aforementioned games got released and were apparently successful. So countries with a traditional love of SNK (like Germany and Austria) are your best bets for picking up these new PS2 games from.

AES_Collector
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

OUT OF INTEREST...
where about are you located (in the world!) and if in the UK, where did you get it from?
Also... did KOF98UM get a UK/PAL release yet??

Ninja

Sweden. KOF98UM was released here. Don't know about the UK.
Neo-Geo is pure bliss!

Jump to Forum: