Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Yue
Thread ID: 200
Thread Info
There are 32 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8892 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ok, this may be rude to ask but then again I'm not forcing you to answer....how old are you and
Yue
Well, I guess we've all been playing video games for while....anyway I'll start. I've been playing video games since I was....4 or 5 (because my older brother never accepted to play barbies or anything like that with me, I didn't mind playing video games though), and right now I'm 17 years old. Sooooooo for me that's more than half my life playing video games, quite a while...heh heh...
Edited by Yue on 15. February 2007 23:41
C'est la vie

sukotsuto
Nice! I've also been a player ever since around 4 and 5 (my older sister owned a NES and whenever she isn't around or is busy w/ homework, I play on it). I'm 20 right now and still quite as much of a game lover as I was back then. LOL

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
cthulhu
I'm almost 28 and I've been playing video games since I was 6, a friedn of mine had a Commodore 64 and a few years later (I think it was in 1988 or 1989) I got a NES and I've been addicted to videogames ever since, now I (together with my girlfriend I have 16 consoles) and over 300 original games for those consoles.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

boogiepop
I'm 26 and, like Cthulhu, started with the Commodore 64. My parents swear that I could type my name before I could write it so I was pretty darn young when I started. I've always been a gaming junkie. Cards, board games, you name it... I've played it. My younger brother was the console buyer though (I could never hold on to enough money to buy one as a kid as my comic book collection can attest to) so I played on his stuff all the time.
I STILL, miss those C64 days though. Every now and then I've toyed with the idea of tracking down the hardware. I've saved all my games. Hundreds.

Shiny
I'm 29, started with some console my Mother had when I was old enough to hold the controller. Can't remember what it was but I think it was made by CBS? Then Commodore Vic 20 and Sinclair Spectrum 48K (Oh yeah!). Sega Master System would have to be when my true love affair with video games started... Time Soldiers rocked! Must have spent a very unhealthy amount of time playing that game... Probably explains why I love Shock Troopers so much now though.

Seems like I've owned at some point just about every machine between that and the Saturn (the "3D revolution" is when I lost all interest in new consoles).

All I have now is a couple of old megadrives, a gamegear somewhere, a snes, and a PCE. And the all the NG stuff obviously, which my girlfriend now refers to as "the retirement fund" lol

candycab
Im the old man of the forum at 36 this may Grin

My first recolection of gaming was about 7 or 8 on a Richochet Console which I still own today in its origional box, a tad beat up but the unit is still minty Smile

From there I had a C64 aomewhere around 1982 and an Odyssey2, which I still own aswell. Ive pretty much owned just about every console to be released in the U.S. minus a few like the TG-16 and a real Coleco Vision.

I still enjoy gaming probably as much as I ever have, but for all of our super hardware thesedays most games today seem to lack the simple fun of many of the earlier games produced many moons ago.

But thats why I prefer old coinops over modern console gaming, dont get me wrong, graphics can be nice but In twenty years I will still be playing Galaga and Sinistar etc in their native form Wink
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
I started playing games when I was about 5 (back in 1985). My dad bought us an Amstrad CPC, which at the time was awesome because it had the disc drive (not tapes) and also a colour monitor, whereas most monitors back then were green screen! LOL I remember playing games like Sorcery +, Beach Head, Bruce Lee, Sabre Wulf back when we first got it... I still have a blast on them using emulators now (Bruce Lee ruled!). I also used to have one of the old Atari's, I can't remember which one but it was the one with the ridiculous wooden panelling. A while later I had a NES for a short time and the original monochrome GameBoy, then eventually I managed to persuade my bro to buy a SNES with me.

I bought my PSOne about a week after they came out... I traded in my SNES to get it, and although I loved the PS, a while later I started to regret trading the SNES and wished that I had saved the extra money to the get the Playstation instead... but then I re-discovered emulation and that helped me get over that... although back then the SNES emulators didn't even have sound! Grin

As for the Neo Geo, I didn't own one up until I started work and could actually afford it. I went for a 1 slot MVS and used a supergun that I bought from someone that I knew from IRC in the old #neogeo channel on Efnet... Art of Fighting was my first cart, which is quite fitting as I think that was the very first Neo Geo game I ever played in the arcades.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
phry
I'm 25 and have been playing games for about as long as I can remember.

Hmm...first format? It'd be an Oric 1 computer when I was about 5/6ish. It was quite old when I first got one (at a boot sale I think) but absolutely loved playing light cycle on it. This was swiftly followed by an Atari VCS (the one with the fake wood panelling as well!) when I was hooked on Defender and Asteroids. However, my gaming became much more serious when getting a Commodore 64, which I thought was awesome at the time. So many wasted hours playing Bubble Bobble and The Last Ninja! Grin This was then followed up by the Sega Mega Drive and then the Playstation which also swallowed up a lot of my pocket money and savings!

As for the Neo? My first expereinces were of playing King of the Monsters and Samurai Showdown at the local seaside arcade. KOF 94 really grabbed my attention too but when the machines were replaced, I was away from SNK for quite a while until re-discovering their games a few years ago. I've always been a Capcom fan, but a prolonged Capcom vs SNK 2 session, along with playing Metal Slug X on PSOne re-sparked my interest in SNK.

...then I ended up here! Grin
Edited by phry on 15. February 2007 18:46

Widescreen
im probably the oldest here:( im 43 and my first game when i was 8 or 9 was pong on Atari and since then ive had ALL consoles (except wii though my wife wants it Wink ) ... i even bought the cube for zelda then sold it when i had completed it ... at the moment im half way through new mario bros on *cough* my daughters DS lite Wink

http://forums.widescreenxp.net
HexElf
Hey you shouldn't worry so much Yue, I don't think anyone minds. Anyway I just turned twenty five and I've been playing games since I was five when my parents bought me a... uhm some computer slash video game console (colecovision?) that I can't really remember the name of. When I was 8 I got a NES and pretty much went on from there so you could say it's been with me for the past twenty years and a month.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Mitch The Zombie
I'm 30 this year (bugger it all to hell) but I'm very very glad so see that I'm not the oldest here (candycab & Widescreen I salute you both).

I can remember playing pong on the odd type thing you plugged into your TV back in the day (it looked like a massive circuit board)

From there to my Commodore 64, Amiga & then to my master system - loved that my fave game was *something* in wonderland or monster-land (someone help me here LOL ), megga drive (that I still have with loads o games), Megga CD - massive waste of time but Snatcher was one of the best games I've played, someone else must have played that game too Smile

Then on to all the new consoles that are about now.
I've got most of them but I refuse to buy an XBox 360 till its cheaper, same with the PS3 when it comes out.
Stick in there about 15000 worth of arcade time and that's about it :eh:

I've missed a few odd and sods but I'm sure know one read this far down anyway Pfft
Edited by Mitch The Zombie on 15. February 2007 23:24
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

Yue
Errrr, I just noticed that the only question that fit in the topic thing was about how old you all are... :sweat:but my second question got answered anyway LOL , thank goodness. So am I the only kid around here? And wow, you all seem to have pretty much everything, my brother and I have had the nintendo (who knows what happend to it), then the sega (it still works) and theeeeeen the playstation(sold it) and currently the playstation 2...that's pretty much it. I guess the first neo geo game I ever played was Samurai Showdown since it was for the sega and well, my brother let someone borrow it....so I never got to see it again:(
C'est la vie

boogiepop
Yue wrote:
Errrr, I just noticed that the only question that fit in the topic thing was about how old you all are... :sweat:but my second question got answered anyway LOL , thank goodness. So am I the only kid around here? And wow, you all seem to have pretty much everything, my brother and I have had the nintendo (who knows what happend to it), then the sega (it still works) and theeeeeen the playstation(sold it) and currently the playstation 2...that's pretty much it. I guess the first neo geo game I ever played was Samurai Showdown since it was for the sega and well, my brother let someone borrow it....so I never got to see it again:(

That sucks. That's why I never let anyone borrow my stuff anymore. What SNK games do you currently own?
And don't worry about being young. That's a GOOD thing. I wish I knew at your age some of the things I know now.

candycab
Widescreen wrote:
im probably the oldest here:( im 43 and my first game when i was 8 or 9 was pong on Atari and since then ive had ALL consoles (except wii though my wife wants it Wink ) ... i even bought the cube for zelda then sold it when i had completed it ... at the moment im half way through new mario bros on *cough* my daughters DS lite Wink

LOL ..... Nice too know Im no longer the old guy around here anymore Grin

WOOT ! LOL

Im sure I'll be catching up soon though ... All this goes bye way too fast Wink
Edited by candycab on 16. February 2007 00:44
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiepop
"Nurse! The two old men down the hall are fighting over the neo geo again! One yelled "Mega Wheelchair Piledriver" and all hell broke loose!"

Yue
From SNK, I just own KOF 99 to KOF 2003 and metal slug 4 and 5, I got alot into SNK last summer, always knew about KOF but I always had trouble finding the games and stuff, the reason has a long story to it....dunno if you wanna hear it.
Edited by Yue on 16. February 2007 02:12
C'est la vie

HexElf
Yue wrote:

Awww that sucks, and the Genesis had such a totally badass conversion of the game too (it whips the Snes version's ass with a rake!) so I guess it was no wonder they wanted to keep it. As for the story, do tell, I'm sure there's someone here who can help in getting you hooked up with SNK products if you just ask =D

As for having KOF 99 - 03 as well as the MS games I must say damn, that's some heavy duty games you've got there already!
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Circa2113
I'm 17 as well and my first game was sky shark on the nes when I was maybe 4 or so.

Crag
Im 21 years old and like a few people here started with a Commodore 64, playing Frogger (classic) non-stop!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/craghimself/he-called-his-wife-a-bitch-get-it.png

merlin
I am 32 (getting old). I can't remember what age I started but the Sega Master System was my first console. I was totally hooked for a long time on Alex Kidd in Miracle World. My brother had a Nes and I bought a Megadrive and Snes. I played Streetfighter 2 on the Snes constantly for a very long time.

Then I sold all my consoles and games (except my Neo) and for quite a few years only played PC games especially Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3 and also Morrowind. Today I only play PC and Neo Geo games. These systems complement each other perfectly I think. Recently I have thought of buying either a Saturn or a Dreamcast but I am not sure which one to go for.

Jump to Forum: