Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Nadanova
Thread ID: 1966
Thread Info
There are 81 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 15278 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
It's official... I'm fed up with funding my AES
Nadanova
Yes... as the title says. I am going to sell my entire AES collection and buy in all of my old games + a consolized MVS on MVS. I'll set up a selling page soonish and i want to give you lovely personages first dibs Smile because I'm kind like that, if anyone has a cmvs they want to trade or sell I'm gonna rip it outta your hands pretty smartish Smile

Games I'm selling and want to replace:

Slug 3
Nam 1975
Blue's journey
super spy
art of fighting
magician lord
world heroes
fatal fury special
sam spirits 1,2,3
super baseball 2020
king of monsters.

And I'm looking for a CMVS 1 slot with YRW component output + unibios Smile
Edited by Nadanova on 16. September 2009 17:39
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

priest
You don“t say why you are fed up with it, is it the prices or what?

Damn shame...I hope you won“t regret doing thisReal Sad
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoGeoNinja
priest wrote:
You don“t say why you are fed up with it, is it the prices or what?

Damn shame...I hope you won“t regret doing thisReal Sad

AGREED...
What's the deal Nada?

Like Priest says, it can only be the prices 'cause your still after a NeoGeo overall. regardless, good luck with your decision Thumbs Up

Ninja

Powerwave
i had the same issue as you did nada. i had just got an aes and a few of the cheap games but couldnt afford any of the games i realy wanted. so what i did was i asked priest what to do and he suggested getting a phantom 1 converter to play mvs games on an aes. therefore not loosing the joy of having an aes and aes games and also gaining the ability to play mvs carts. i sware by the phantom 1 its a great way to play neo geo games and it osnt suffer any slow down or loss in quality and also its about 150 to 200 quid for a converter
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

STE C
WOW extreme stuff , I kinda agree with the others if you check on ebay now you will see a converter for sale in the MVS section I think its one of the newer ones that people mention.

Why not sell your AES Metal Slug 3 as the money you will get for that might well pay for a converter and a copy of MS3 on MVS that tends to sell for between £50-90 just a thought Nadanova think carefully, and this is a MVS owner talking you have a good collection of AES games which yes you could buy for a lot cheaper on MVS but you aint gonna get them in lovley boxes. I choose MVS because I simply can not afford the games I wanted on AES as Im very impatient and do not like saving up for ages, which is what I would have had to do with AES. But if I manged to get a AES console for a good price in March when I was pondering which route to go down then I probably would have had one if I knew about the converter ( which i dident until I got my MVS) .

Whatever you choose as long as you get the games you want then you will be happy AES/MVS & CD its all good all the same family ect. Just as a curio I had a quick look at some of the forums on NG.COM and was shocked to find clans of AES & MVS owners calling each other worse than shit. I mean for fu*k sake its the same bloody hardware, just hope none of them twits start coming to this site .
Edited by STE C on 16. September 2009 01:04

tony starks
STE C wrote:
I mean for fu*k sake its the same bloody hardware, just hope none of them twits start coming to this site .

Are you calling me a twat huh, huh, Andy

Seriously though there is nothing wrong with being fed up with AES and I own one.

What you need to ask yourself is are you looking to branch out of Neo games and collect/play other

arcade platforms such as CPS2, CPS1 etc. If the reason is no than I would say keep the Neo

and sell the more recent games such as MS3 because the older titles are actually more

expensive as MVS compared with the homecarts. Then purchase a converter if you like but

be warned that there are issues such as scaling with some games and also some games

only work with certain revisions of AES boards.

A CMVS is cool but you are better off looking for a 2/4 slot as a one slot usually is more

expensive. People often forget that you can purchase shockboxes for MVS carts also.

If you are eventually looking to branch out and purchase other arcade platforms than a

supergun + mobo would be your best bet.

At the end of the day go with whatever it is you feel is best. If a CMVS means that you will

get to play more games, then good on you.

Good luck mate Thumbs Up
Edited by tony starks on 16. September 2009 02:13
Starks is always out

Nadanova
It is mainly the price I guess but if I'm going to play MVS titles a good quality CMVS will be more cost effective than having an AES + converter, and I don't fancy a mobo + supergun as it looks far less appealing than a nicely done up mobo, I was looking into the neotropolis ones and they look brilliant, plus I've sorta gone off the novelty of having the boxes, yes they make the games slightly more special but so long as I have my standard game cartridge I'm perfectly fine. The Super MVS converter II would be the converter I'd buy but they just go like greased lighting on neogeo.com forums and I don't think its worth buying one from the store as it seems a ridiculous price for that piece of hardware... remember the fact that I live in the UK and shipping costs are murder too. I end up paying in excess of £200 usually. In short I'd prefer a nice CMVS over this kerfuffle any day Pfft

Nadanova
And just a small random bump, how much should I sell AES MS3 for... I've seen a buy it now on ebay for £300 with a starting price of £255, mental...

STE C
Starks said Are you calling me a twat huh, huh, Andy

Not you Starko dude I'm revering to what is probably a small but obvious minority. I am in no way biased because I am a member of this site its just that some of the debates I have read on there get really out of hand and I could not imagine anybody on this site carrying on with that sort of behavior because it simply does not exist here which is great.
I actually have alot of respect for you Starko as you often leave intelligent comments and have been around in the NG scene for a while.
Edited by STE C on 16. September 2009 18:09

Basashi King
looks like there are lots of informed replies on the thread. i totally understand being hacked off with the £££ thing. but this is hardly a new issue - i bought my neo originally a long while ago from someone who couldnt afford to keep it (serial number 41000 odd) - and i couldnt really add to my 'collection' (2 games Angry) back then either, i just didnt sell my neo but it spent most of its time in the box after a while. im helluva glad i didnt part with it though - although the thought of selling it didnt enter my mind... but then i knew nothing about getting an mvs and putting it in a box etc!

its cool having the rom boxes on the shelf and all that, the manuals are a nice touch, but if its all about the games (which for me it overwhelmingly is), then do what youve gotta do to get what you want. for me, speaking personally, theres something special about playing the games on the original hardware rather than a port - mvs or aes its all good as far as im concerned.

Nadanova
Basashi King wrote:
its cool having the rom boxes on the shelf and all that, the manuals are a nice touch, but if its all about the games (which for me it overwhelmingly is), then do what youve gotta do to get what you want. for me, speaking personally, theres something special about playing the games on the original hardware rather than a port - mvs or aes its all good as far as im concerned.

That pretty much sums it up nicely... Grin

Mr Vengeance
I think you've got to have some level of patience with the AES. I've tended to only buy the 'odd' game for my AES, then I tend to move on for a bit before returning to the system to buy another game. Whilst I'd like to go down the MVS route and get all those Neo Geo games I can't afford on the AES, this feeling is balanced by the fact that when you do get an AES game you really appreciate it, plus a Neo Geo AES original box looks superb on the shelf.

AES is very expensive, but I think its well worth it as the games are so good, they look great and most importantly they play great. If you're not all that bothered about the prestige and collectability of the AES then MVS is the route to go though, and definately the option if you want to experience all the Neo Geo format has to offer in a relatively short period of time.

I will go and get an MVS set-up one day to play those ridiculously overpriced AES game like Pulstar, Ninja Masters, etc, but in the meantime I'm going to continue what I've been doing and just get the odd AES game when I can afford the substancial cost.... right now I'm waiting until I've enough disposable income to buy KOF 2002 - probably be a few weeks as I've so much other stuff in life to be paying for.

Good luck with it all anyway Nadanova. But make sure you think this through very carefully. If you've any interest in collecting then I'd think a while about the decision you are about to make.

Basashi King
just chipping in here, vengeance: i love kof2002! i think it would be a sweet cart to pick up. ive got 94, 95 and 98 - 2002 is certainly going to be the next kof for me, although im not sure when ill make the buy. i think it might possibly be my fave in the series.

Mr Vengeance
Good to hear you like it mate, its my favourite that I've played so far thats on the AES. 2000 comes close though.

Nadanova
Basashi King wrote:
just chipping in here, vengeance: i love kof2002! i think it would be a sweet cart to pick up. ive got 94, 95 and 98 - 2002 is certainly going to be the next kof for me, although im not sure when ill make the buy. i think it might possibly be my fave in the series.

I aim to get the series on MVS.

tony starks
STE C wrote:
Starks said Are you calling me a twat huh, huh, Andy

Not you Starko dude I'm revering to what is probably a small but obvious minority. I am in no way biased because I am a member of this site its just that some of the debates I have read on there get really out of hand and I could not imagine anybody on this site carrying on with that sort of behavior because it simply does not exist here which is great.
I actually have alot of respect for you Starko as you often leave intelligent comments and have been around in the NG scene for a while.

No worries dude, I was only joking anyway, I know that Neo-Geo.com is not for everyone. The mad thing is that most of the regular posters on Neo-Geo.com don't even own a Neo anymore.

Anywayz I don't think I got into the AES vs MVS debate because I thought it was pointless but you do have some very passionate people who like to but their point across.

Like I said before I was only joking before so no harm done matey Headbang
Edited by tony starks on 17. September 2009 00:37
Starks is always out

tony starks
Nadanova wrote:
And just a small random bump, how much should I sell AES MS3 for... I've seen a buy it now on ebay for £300 with a starting price of £255, mental...

Average price is between £150 to £200 anything more than that is a blatant rip.

Just to be cheeky KOF 98 > KOF 2002 Pfft
Edited by tony starks on 17. September 2009 00:36
Starks is always out

NeoGeoNinja
tony starks wrote:
Just to be cheeky KOF 98 > KOF 2002 Pfft

AGREED! But 02UM>98UM Pfft

Ninja

tony starks
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

Ninja

Hmm intresting Ninja, I have never played the UM KOF's. Do you reckon they are worth

getting even though I own the original versions on the Neo.
Edited by tony starks on 17. September 2009 19:36
Starks is always out

NeoGeoNinja
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

Ninja

tony starks wrote:
Hmm intresting Ninja, I have never played the UM KOF's. Do you reckon they are worth

getting even though I own the original versions on the Neo.

YEAH MATE...
They're both worth getting.

98UM is just a better version of 98 - rebalanced basically with new moves thrown in (one that always springs to mind is that Andy has been given his RB1 Jolt Attack Hishoken... Epic!) and some frame cuts have been made - like the start-up on Heiderns HK (reverse turning kick). Makes the move more useful. These changes are just some examples... scratching the surface if you will. As for any visual alterations, just the overall menu's and BKGDs etc have been improved... modernised if you will. It also 'contains' the Boss team and Eiji & Kasumi too. "BONUS" eh? Wink

As for 02UM. Well, I have to be honest and say I liked the original 02 BUT only in terms of roster and how it plays. Presentation, OSD/GUI, fonts, Soundtrack, BKGD's etc... The worst EVER IMO. These factors just made a great game quite a painful experience. It kinda felt amateur to me. Thankfully 02UM IS a complete overhaul! New soundtrack, new BKGDs, new character select, artwork, some new moves, new effects for moves etc etc. 02UM has now IMO fully realised the potential that the original 02 had shown. A truly fantastic game... not to mention a RIDICULOUS roster! (with near enough EVERY single boss unlockable aside Orochi and all the NESTS characters too). Could quite easily qualify as the best KOF ever IMO!

IN SHORT... Yes, they're worth getting Thumbs Up

Ninja

Jump to Forum: