Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Basashi King
Thread ID: 1961
Thread Info
There are 33 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5874 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
new kid
RiKo
Just saying Hi to Tony Starks! Hi! I talked to you when I first came on the forum. lol you should come around more Grin
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
tony starks
RiKo wrote:
Just saying Hi to Tony Starks! Hi! I talked to you when I first came on the forum. lol you should come around more Grin

Thumbs Up

What up RiKo, hope you are well?

Yeah I ain't really been around as often as I used to but I try to lurk here and there duder Joe
Starks is always out

RiKo
I'm ok thanks Tony, always getting better !(but very slowly).

You got a gold medal!!!! Shock I lost all of mine:(
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
tony starks
RiKo wrote:
I'm ok thanks Tony, always getting better !(but very slowly).

You got a gold medal!!!! Shock I lost all of mine:(

Good to hear my man Thumbs Up

Yeah I have been playing Samurai Showdown for a few weeks and man I love that game.

Trying to get a gold medal for KOF94 Angry

I think these medals have bought back my competitive side in which I have not felt since

Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. No worries duder I know you will get a gold medal soon Cool
Starks is always out

merlin
Welcome to the forums Basashi King. Good to have you with us. Like the others have said I hope you stick around.

Basashi King
cheers merlin. thanks for chipping in.

what are these medals all about that the gents above are discussing?

priest
Basashi King: If you play any of the games in the HIGHSCORE CHALLENGE thread: http://www.neogeo...orum_id=25 and post your highscore then you might just earn yourself a medal or two of your ownSmile

Im looking forward to seeing you post some scores...
Edited by priest on 20. September 2009 15:27
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Basashi King
gracias. im already on the case!

Basashi King
hi all,

back - well, not fully back but at least back a bit - after quite a long break.

i never intended to drop off the site, but life has a habit of throwing things up and circumstances change.

i had been playing neo geo for about 2 years and posting here before i started studying for a diploma. that took about a year and my gaming time (and ng4l activity) dropped off radically. i moved house, and deliberately didnt set the neo up as i knew it would be a distraction. several months after finishing that, i began an MA by distance, and started studying even harder.

as some kind of neo substitute, rather than blowing my cash on aes games, i got interested in champagne, and now have a nice little collection of bottles to enjoy over the next fifteen years. for anyone interested in bubbly, the salon 1996 is the best bottle i have ever tasted. i wont touch my next one for at least another 15 years though!

six months ago, my first son was born. hes a real star, and i am loving being a dad.

as a result of his arrival, i moved house again; and despite not quite finishing my MA yet, i have set up the neo geo. its actually the best set up ive ever had, im running it on my 42' plasma through a displ box and it looks great. and so i have started browsing this site again.

as i return to my collection, its really interesting seeing which games i want to play (and which interest me much less); and on that theme also interesting to read some of my own thoughts on these games from years ago on this website, seeing what i still agree with and what has changed.

i wont have so much time to post thoughtfully on here because of family and study commitments (ill be done studying by april 2014), but im hoping to be able to contribute something.

its great to see merlin still about, still posting about esoteric games as well as everything else. riko also seems to be here, although i havent seen much of the likes of ste c and ninja, which is a shame. i guess life is busy for everyone, eh!

anyway, just wanted to check in again and say hi.

merlin
Hi Basashi. Welcome back. Congratulations on the birth of your son! Interesting to hear your news and good to hear things are going well for you with your studies.

Understandable that you won't always have time to post here but hopefully you'll be
able to drop by more often and let us know which Neo Geo games you've been buying/playing.

its great to see merlin still about, still posting about esoteric games as well as everything else. riko also seems to be here, although i havent seen much of the likes of ste c and ninja, which is a shame. i guess life is busy for everyone, eh!

Thanks! I've not been all that active on the site myself lately. Yes would be great to see Ninja returning and Ste C visiting more often. Thankfully we have gained a few newer members who became regulars such as Chiba and DarakuTenshi.

STE C
Im still checking the site and skulking around guys its just I guess im burnt out on NG talk with SNK being very inactive but I do still read things on here. I guess completing my MVS collection as well dampened my retro demon as I have got to the stage where I have got the games I want.

Actually saw Ninja this year and hes fine, he has great AES collection and spends time on JAG/Saturn sites of late. We both love NG and always will its maybe or in my case definite that we ran out of stuff of discuss after being 2of the most regular posters for 2 years.

merlin
Good to see you posting Ste. I do understand what you mean but you can always post about other topics besides Neo Geo. I'd be interested to hear which PC games you've been playing and you could join in the discussions about next gen consoles. As much as I love SNK after 6 years here I have lost interest a bit in discussing Neo Geo. I noticed Ninja is still quite active at neo-geo.com.

Basashi King
heya ste, congrats on bagging all the games you want! i can understand how thats taken some of the juice out of the fruit here, though.

im definitely a 'gamer' rather than a 'collector', although once you start buying these things its easy to want to end up with a 'full set'. not particularly viable on aes unless youre a tory party donor, but potential limits of owning the home console slowing down acquisition does ensure you end up really playing the games!

returning to the system, im finding im enjoying the oldies much more than the later neo stuff, which is unexpected. fatal fury special, kof 94/5, aof 2, samurai shodown 2 and 3 - pretty much thats all ive wanted to play. the last blades have sat there along with the real bouts; quite a surprise, really. i am hankering after a motw though - i still dont have it and will probably have to pick one up before too long.

regarding next gen, i wasnt exactly console-less during my silence here, i did actually buy a ps3 when sf4ae came out, as i couldnt resist: i do actually love that game, although i havent turned on my ps3 for over 6 months (and dont plan to actually, the neo is enough for me again). i ended up in the top 50 playstation asian bp rankings for my ryu (top 100 globally); and im really looking forwards to seeing the new ultra version when it comes out. im nervous about what theyll do to ryus ultra 2 though (the fat dragon punch) as theres talk of it being dropped as not many people use it. finding the fireball boring, i always go with that ultra; and theres nothing better than connecting with it!

back on the neo, id also like to get hold of waku waku 7 soon, too; and im strangely keen on seeing kabuki klash too. this site really is a great resource - i was able to go to gotw and read a few people's thoughts on it (including merlins and your own).

i should be writing an essay right now, but i might fire up the neo for a quick blast first. the build quality of the joysticks is amazing, its hard to believe theyre still perfect after all these years!

Jump to Forum: