Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 1884
Thread Info
There are 75 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 20702 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Strikers 1945 Plus: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Since this week the GOTW is Blazing Star and we already have that game running as a Highscore challenge. I think we could do Strikers 1945 Plus as this week HSC game. Please join in the Strikers 1945 Plus GOTW discussion, see link below...

Strikers 1945 Plus GAME OF THE WEEK discussion thread:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=2607

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/14017201.jpg

image credit: The Arcade Flyer Archive

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO MVS / EMULATOR

* Difficulty: MVS - level 4 / AES - MVS setting

* Lives: default setting - JPN - 3 / US/EURO - 2

* Credits: 1

* Use of the "bonus" aircraft *ASCENDER* is NOT ALLOWED

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and I'll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* Please post the "evaluation" too that you get before you type your initials for the scoreboard after GAME OVER (in the game).

It ranges from "Try again" to "President" .

Also please mention the aircraft you used.

Scoreboard JPN version:

1. NEO-GEO Man: Score: 513,800. Played on JAPAN BIOS AES console ( no difficulty option on AES ) stage 1-5, Zero 52, done over by the 2nd part of the boss in stage 5.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/Strikers1945JAPAN.jpg

2. Furt4d0: Score: 378,000. , Grade: Beginner, Aircraft: TA152, Mission: 1-4 , Played on: Mame

screenshot was shown but image link no longer works

3. Arcadematt: Score: 376,100. Stage / Mission: 1-4 Aircraft F5U Played on MVS

4. shin0480: Score:365,200. Aircraft:F5U Grade:Beginner Mission/stage:1-4 Played on: MVS cabinet.

i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/shin0480/DSC03079.jpg

i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/shin0480/DSC03078.jpg

5. Priest: Score: 311,600. , Grade: Beginner, Aircraft: ZERO 52, Stage / Mission 1-4 (in the beginning) , Played on: AES (MVS using a Phantom-1 conveter)

6. Merlin: Score: 310,900. Grade: Beginner, Aircraft: F-5U, Mission: 1-4 Played on : Final Burn Evolution

screenshot was shown but image link no longer works

7. Will: Score: 289,400. , Aircraft: Flying Pancake. Defeated on Stage 3 by Zeppelin Boss. , Played on: MAME.

8. ?

Scoreboard EURO version:

1. NEO-GEO Man: Score: 801,800. , played on Euro BIOS AES console ( no difficulty option on AES ) stage 1-8, Zero 52, made it to stage 8...

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Strikers19452.jpg

2. ?

3. ?

G O O D L U C K
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
priest
Please post the "evaluation" too that you get before you type your initials for the scoreboard after GAME OVER (in the game).

It ranges from "Try again" to "President" .

Also please mention the aircraft you used.

priest
I´ll go first then:

Priest: Score: 311,600. , Grade: Beginner, Aircraft: ZERO 52, Stage / Mission 1-4 (in the beginning) , Played on: AES (MVS using a Phantom-1 conveter)

I thought that I would do better and getting that beginner grade isn´t that flattering either. This game is hard...

Shiny
Nice pick priest! I love Strikers 1945+. It's my favourite Neo shmup. I'll definitely have a crack at beating your score a bit later!
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

priest
Shiny: I´m looking forward to see what you can do in this game...

Good to see there are some love out there for this game.

Furt4d0
My best atempt so far and I definitly wonder how the heck can you go as far as level 4 without losing a redit and I love playing insane shmups like DonPachi and alikes... Anyway, here's my entry. Will try to beat it though Pfft

Btw, nice going at it priest Smile

img25.imageshack.us/img25/8721/semttulohef.th.png

Did it on mame, I believe the rest of the information needed is on the sreen taken ^^
Edited by Furt4d0 on 10. August 2009 22:03

priest
Good job Furt4d0 the silvercoin is yoursThumbs Up

I wouldn´t say skill played the biggest part in my highscore, more like a big dose of luck. I´ve tryed to top that score afterwards but come up short every timeSmile

But it is my favorite shoot´em up for the NEO GEO so I have played it quite a lot.

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

Furt4d0
Gonna start waving my plane from one side to the other and back and forth Pfft This is a great shmup, I like it too, but not the best in the series imho... The first one is prolly my fav Grin

merlin
Merlin: Score: 291,900. Grade: Join The Force, Aircraft: F-5U, Mission: 1-3 Played on : Final Burn Evolution

I agree this is a really great game. Recently I've really started to appreciate more just how good it is. It does get very difficult at times though. From stage 3 onwards the speed of the shots gets very fast. I always prefer using the Flying Pancake.

I noticed that Furt4d0's score should be a little bit higher if you check the screenshot.

img19.imageshack.us/img19/6503/fbevo2009081100191048.jpg
Edited by merlin on 11. August 2009 02:33

priest
Merllin: Welcome and good jobThumbs Up

Gaaaaaah! Thanks for telling me about my misstake with Furt4do score. I´m going to whip myself with a JAMMA cord as punishmentGrin

merlin
Thanks Priest. Lol that sounds a bit painful!

Merlin: Score: 310,900. Grade: Beginner, Aircraft: F-5U, Mission: 1-4 Played on : Final Burn Evolution

I was so close to the number one position.

img15.imageshack.us/img15/3149/fbevo2009081110423204.jpg

Furt4d0
Erase my screen fellas, i got so lucky with a late night run I still can't believe it:

img132.imageshack.us/img132/6648/semttulodmh.th.png

Now I understand what you mean priest. I was really lucky at times dodging through bullets and thinking "oh I'm dead" but then "Holy crap, luky shot!" lol It was just plain luk to reach the fourth boss, till dead came flying in a pink ball costume... Grin

priest
Well done guysThumbs Up

Thats a really nice highscore, Furt4d0. Do you feel like the choice of aircraft had anything to do with the score. I usually end up choosing the ZERO52, but I think I should try to find others that work just as well (or better).

I guess its just a qustion of when Merlin tops my score and take the second place in position...Is the FLYING PANCAKE you favorite choice in this game or do you choose different aircrafts every time?

Edited by priest on 11. August 2009 19:49

merlin
Great score Furt4d0. Andy I'm going to struggle to beat that but I'll have another go soon.

Priest I always prefer using the Flying Pancake for some reason but I probably should use the other planes a bit more. I wonder if it makes any difference which one you use.

Furt4d0
merlin wrote:
Great score Furt4d0. Andy I'm going to struggle to beat that but I'll have another go soon.

Priest I always prefer using the Flying Pancake for some reason but I probably should use the other planes a bit more. I wonder if it makes any difference which one you use.

I've noticed that the one I used appears to have a bit more ease at killing other planes, although the superbomb is kinda sucky, even though it protects from other bullets. The bomb itself also needs some good using, cause it doesn't shoot, just hits whatever is in front of it

Anyway, gl all Smile

shin0480
shin0480: Score:365200 Aircraft:F5U Grade:Beginner Mission/stage:1-4 Played on:MVS cabinet.
I guess I am number 2 now..lol

i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/shin0480/DSC03078.jpg
i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/shin0480/DSC03079.jpg
Edited by shin0480 on 15. August 2009 15:51

priest
shin0480: Good job you´ve earned your first silver coinThumbs Up Another one who prefers "the flying pancake" eh?

Thanks for presenting your score just the way I like it, just for me to copy and paste.

Please have a look if there are any other games you would like to challenge us with a score. Each week there will be a new game to challenge each other in...

Edited by priest on 15. August 2009 16:12

shin0480
priest wrote:
shin0480: Good job you´ve earned your first silver coinThumbs Up Another one who prefers "the flying pancake" eh?

Thanks for presenting your score just the way I like it, just for me to copy and paste.

Please have a look if there are any other games you would like to challenge us with a score. Each week there will be a new game to challenge each other in...

Yeah.. I love playing with "the flying pancake". that's my favorite.
I would definitely love to challenge some other games too.
Thank you Priest.
Edited by shin0480 on 15. August 2009 16:21

arcadematt
Hi My highest score Is currently 1-4 FSU 324800 On MVS. I can provide a photo and do take my gaming seriously so I use the default difficultly.

Will you be starting a highscore challenge for NAM1975 and GHOST PILOTS soon??

priest
Welcome to the Strikers 1945+ scoreboards ArcadeMatt, Great game, eh? The bronze coin and the third place is yours.

Scoreboards and hall of fame are updated.

We already have a NAM1975 HSC: http://www.neogeo...ad_id=1555 and you are welcome to post your higscore...GOOD LUCKSmile Ghost pilots will surely be a challenge of the future...
Edited by priest on 03. October 2009 23:08

Jump to Forum: