Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: HexElf
Thread ID: 1844
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2262 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
KOF video project
HexElf
The actual video is finally here! KOF98UM The King of Counter Counters, or how to stuff a guard cancel attack with a counter of your own! I know the picture quality isn't the best but it's the best I could do with my equipment and I had to reuse the same stage to keep the flickering to a minimum.

YouTube Video

Oh and, long time no see NGFL!
Edited by HexElf on 08. December 2009 17:30
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
merlin
Welcome back HexElf.

I checked out the videos. Nice work. Thumbs Up Keep us updated on the progress of your Kof video project. I take it you plan on covering the whole Kof series.

I know you're a fan of some of the less popular Neo Geo fighters like Galaxy Fight, Fighter's History Dynamite, Gan Gan etc. so perhaps in the future it would be a nice idea to make a few videos of them too.

Nadanova
I should be getting paws on galaxy fight soonish.
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

HexElf
Thanks Merlin, I hope that the preview in particular got the message across. I was having a blast inventing new ways to "counter-counter" but of course you have to convince the viewer that what you are doing is advanced, entertaining and hard to do as well. I am particularly proud of how Heidern's part turned out and I imagine anyone who ever tried doing his reversal will remember how sketchy that thing can be.

I have planned to debut the full video in edited form in around two-three weeks (once a local gaming convention kicks off on the third) but I will most likely record more random stuff in the mean time. Yuri's "shin Shoryu... goku satsu!" combo from KOF01 comes to mind.

HexElf
I just made another video, one with much better editing and also some cheezy music just like combo videos should have. Lemme know what you think.

YouTube Video

Edited by HexElf on 21. July 2009 23:21

Nadanova
Gods I need to invest in the KoF series.
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

Shiny
HexElf old boy, I bow before your KoF skillz.

And it's good to have you back. Noone knows their gameplay shit like you. Smile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

HexElf
Thanks for the kind words Shiny! It got me thinking, I should add a transcript for the vid in casee anyone wants to try some of these for themselves.

Heidern section
- The A version of the cross slasher allows for full juggles (even full DMs) after it hits, even if it's really late as shown here.

Xiangfei section
- Basically it's her dp + K shoulder ram super canceled into her SPoD DM that ends in another shoulder ram which always launches. She juggles into yet another shoulder ram that also crosses up.

K9999 section A
- It's basically a pre-buffer that allows you to actually combo into his "Moon..." DM even with the complex motion. The command for this is as follows; db, hcb, N, close C, df + C. You need to leave the stick neutral before the close C, or you will throw, before finishing the DM command just as the punch connects.

Kim section
- Unlike most characters Kim can super cancel out of one of his special moves (the legs of conquest) for free in this game. The combo itself is a marvel of a buffer too. The original goes d + C > d, d + B > qcb, hcf + K but hrough the miracels of various short cuts however you are able to perform this one as simply d + C, d + B, b, f + K.

Yuri section
Yuri has a follow-up to her f+B command attack in this game and it can be canceled out of without any other moves before it. She is also one of two characters in this game who can cancel a DM into an SDM as shown here.

K9999 section B
Any serious K9999 player needs to know that his D throw is a perfect setup for a free SDM because it juggles from anything, everywhere every time; even as the opponent is bouncing from this throw.

Angel section
Basically she's using a myriad of unchain moves to break down the opponent's guard here. The properties are as follows; low, overhead, overhead, low comboed into high, overhead and finally an unblockable strike.

Mary section
Possibly the most devestating KOF combo I've ever figured out that's not an infinite. She is the second of two characters who can super cancel a DM into SDM in tbis game. The combo goes as follows;
close D (two hits), cancel into f+B (two hits), cancel into Splash Rose DM (until first hit of uppercut), super cancel into SDM.

Bao section
The reason I made the movie in the first place. He can really just CD attack in the corner into infinite stomps but I wanted something more fancy than that! It's actually harder to do than it looks but the damage potential here is just ridiculous!

The song is from the dreadful CVS2 soundtrack but the cheeziness fit the theme nicely I think!
Edited by HexElf on 27. July 2009 22:14

HexElf
The completed KOF98UM video project is finally up after over 3 months of delays! Check it out in the first post! ^_^

NeoGeoNinja
HexElf wrote:
The actual video is finally here! KOF98UM The King of Counter Counters, or how to stuff a guard cancel attack with a counter of your own! I know the picture quality isn't the best but it's the best I could do with my equipment and I had to reuse the same stage to keep the flickering to a minimum.

YouTube Video

Oh and, long time no see NGFL!

INTERESTING STUFF...
however, can't say I've wasted a CD block counter on a projectile myself!!!

Nice video though and some nice counters! Gotta be quick off the trigger to get some of those Super moves off AFTER being countered. Nice stuff Thumbs Up

Ninja

(p.s. good to see you back round and about. We missed you.)
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

HexElf
Thanks! Well I tried to think of as many unique setups as I could and I wanted to use all characters too, so some rather unbelivable setups were to be expected. ;D

Jump to Forum: