Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: HexElf
Thread ID: 180
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1436 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Neo Geo on Wikipedia
HexElf
So rather than writing more reviews for my section in the introduction topic today I created this http://en.wikiped...ion_Nation which is a sort of homage to one of my favorite Neo Geo games. I wish there was more to say about the game other than what is already there as this brawler is actually quite unremarkable in most areas aside from the pick up (or lack of) items.

I also did most of the work on the world heroes characters Hanzou, Fuuma and Mudman so feel free to check them out if you want to.
Edited by HexElf on 07. February 2007 02:24
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
candycab
Pretty cool dude Grin
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiepop
Yeah, nice job. It makes me want to check the game out as I've yet to try it.

Kazuya_UK
Good stuff! I'm not a fan of the game but it's great to see someone working on pages on Wikipedia for games that many wouldn't bother with. Perhaps I should give Mutation Nation another try - I gave it a bad review when I reviewed it years ago, but I did think that it was better than a lot of the side scrollers on the Neo Geo.

Off topic but I'm going to be working on a Wikipedia style section of the site that will be using practically the same script as Wikipedia itself... more on this soon! Smile

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 07. February 2007 09:42
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
HexElf
Thanks guys, I am glad I was able to spark some interest in this old-school brawler. Personally I think it's a lot better than Burning Fight, even without the pick up weapons, because it simply plays a lot more like Final Fight / Streets of Rage.
That and it has some pretty nifty juggles too, try holding up during you standard punching combo or if you manage to grapple one of those flying mutant girls just trail them after you smacked them with your knee/headbutt and dragon punch (A+B) them before they land for a juggle combo!

As for the Wiki section of the site; really cool man! Are you planning to turn it into a special interest section of site like everything about Neo Geo? Or is it for something else in particular?
Edited by HexElf on 08. February 2007 06:36
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Kazuya_UK
I agree that it is definitely better than Burning Fight, that's for sure.

The Wiki section will hopefully be a big SNK character database. I know there are profiles for SNK games on Wikipedia, but I'd like to add info that they don't have, as well as screenshots of all the various sprites for each character. We did start working on something like this on the old site, but the idea died off after a while... hopefully using a wikipedia style thing where members can edit the site will stop that from happening and if people contribute we can really build it up over time! Smile

It's worth a try anyway, will be an interesting experiment.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Jump to Forum: