Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Powerwave
Thread ID: 1758
Thread Info
There are 25 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4240 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
comic book fans
Powerwave
are there any comic book fans out there im a huge comic boook nerd ranging from batman, x men, watchmen and many more what comics are you guys into

Nadanova
I've got watchmen, v for vendetta, second stage turbine blade, the 1st aliens volume. Second stage turbine blade is part of the Armory Wars series by the band coheed and cambria, quite fun listening to the album and picking out the comic book storyline and spoilers for the next volume Smile
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

Powerwave
havnt read turbine blade or aliens but have read the v for vendetta and realy enjoyed it i thought that book wasnt as good at the start but realy got better towards the end.

Nadanova
I think its hard to compare the film and the book as both are equally brilliant but at the same time quite different storylines.

RiKo
I am not really into comics but I used to love the Fantastic Four when I was young and Spiderman (but only when he went evil with his alien suit- cos he was more fun then!).

I recently got a bundle of comics for a £1 in Forbidden Planet in Croydon. I actually liked the Action Force (GI Joe) comic the best, and there was one called 'The Haunting' or something which was intersting to read. I don't really like superhero comics that much now.

I read a cool book called 'The Yattering and Jack' a while back which was a nice comic type book.

I quite like the more adult style of comics, I think comics are just as valid a way of telling stories as any other medium.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Powerwave
nadanova - the v for venteta film had more action scenes than the book and had a scene where people were dressed up as v in a riot

riko - comics are better when written for adults. most comics i read are for the more older people. particularly batman can be quite grusome. and forbiden planet is a great place to buy comics.

Nadanova
Powerwave wrote:
nadanova - the v for venteta film had more action scenes than the book and had a scene where people were dressed up as v in a riot

The way they have portrayed the characters is very different in the comic to the film.

Powerwave
yeah thats very true

Powerwave
ok im a big fan of batman these are just a few of the graphic novels i own of batman:

year one
killing joke
dark knight returns
death in the family
long halloween
hush
lovers and madmen
and
arkum asylum

i probs have more i might have missed some, my personal fave batman comic has to be hush shortly followed by the killing joke (the book that inspired tim burtons batman)
Edited by Powerwave on 12. June 2009 23:09

Powerwave
other graphic novels i own are:

xmen days of future past
xmen god loves man kills
xmen age of apoclaypse
watchmen
v for vendetta
batman archives 1
spideman archives 1
punisher welcome back frank
sin city books 1-3
iron man extremis
from hell
justice league archives 1

and still collecting of corse my faves have to be age of apoclaypse, punisher and watchmen

Will
The comics I own are certain Beano annuals. My favourite characters being Dennis, Minnie, Ivy, Roger and Bea.

Another set of comics I own is a book of Asterix and Obelix. I like Asterix in Switzerland and the Chieftan's Shield.

In one of the X-men comics, I was extremely surprised to find that Wolverine could regenerate an entire body with only a puddle of blood remaining. That kind of regeneration is the equivelant of the flatworm in the ringworm Family, from what I researched in biology class, except flatworms have no bones.

joedec
I'm a huge comic book fan. My favorites are Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Daredevil.

My 5 favorite comics are
1. Batman #400
2. Amazing Spider-Man #300
3. Uncanny X-Men #213
4. Daredevil #181
5. Detective Comics #526

My 5 Favorite Graphic Novels
1. Batman Year One
2. Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
3. X-Mern: Mutant Massacre
4. Wolverine's 1982 mini-series
5. Iron Man: Armor Wars

My 5 Favorite comic book artist
1. Joe Madureira
2. Jim Lee
3. Todd McFarlane
4. Frank Miller
5. John Romita Jr

My 5 Favorite Super Hero Films
1. Batman (1989 film)
2. Spider-Man 2
3. X-Men 2
4. Iron Man
5. Superman 2
Edited by joedec on 17. October 2009 16:45

Powerwave
joedec nice to see a big comic book fan like me,

batman year one is imense and an essential read for all batman fans, i prefer it to millers dark knight returns simply cuz i love the origin story of batman. mutant masacre and kravens last hunt are on my xmas and bday list cuz they look awesome.

as for fave artists ide have to say mine are the ones associated with xmen age of apocalypse and of corse frank miller

im not that into super hero films any more however i have a huge fondness for batman films my fave been batman(1989) there is no better actor of the joker than jack nickolson
"Handsome punch-bags never loose battles"
- powerwave the punch bag (bonus kun's lame brother)

candycab
Not much of a fan myself but my older brother [ 3 years ] was quite the fan when we were grownig up and still has somewhere around 6 to 10,000 comics in storage. He was always more of a Marvel fan so I read quite a bit of them back then too.

The one series thats always been stuck in my head since I looked at them the first time and I really enjoyed reading was the Original run of "The Uncanny X-Men" He bought the 2nd series as they came out and later walked into a deal on the 1st series, which he says he stilll has.

He collected the 1st & 2nd series Garbage Pail Kids Cards and later got really into that whole scene, needless to say he has tons of cards aswell [ wouldnt be suprised if he literally has a ton of them ] lol it all seems to get in the way when ever I have to go find something in storage.

I always found the "Marvel Universe" series a kick to read as well. To this day the only TNMT that I recognize as genius is the original Eastman/Laird graphic novel that had no color other than Arterial Red Smile After reading that the new style is just pure marketing crap !

media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15317/344794-21075-126369-1-teenage-mutant-ninja_medium.jpg

It was always fun to go to comic shops and look at all the stuff coming out, I still do that from time to time when i stumble across one.

My friends wife is a Realestate Broker who also does Property Managment, they had a place leased to a Comic shop that went under and she brought me their sidewalk sign they used to have just outside the front door. "Acme Comics" Smile

Seen here between my favorite arcade goodness [ well half of it anyway as theres no Neo in the pic ]

photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4105/641/1600/A.P.B.1.jpg

Next to my Mario esq vase I found at Pier 1 Smile

4.bp.blogspot.com/_bsX20FsPJ6g/StogVduuWOI/AAAAAAAAACE/511bT0cE-Bw/s1600/Picture%2B014.jpg
Edited by candycab on 17. October 2009 20:54
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Powerwave
wow thats alot of comics i only collect collections of reprints rather than actual comics from a shop. would your brother be interested in selling any they could go for quite alot. people spend alot of money on original prints.

candycab
Powerwave wrote:
wow thats alot of comics i only collect collections of reprints rather than actual comics from a shop. would your brother be interested in selling any they could go for quite alot. people spend alot of money on original prints.

Its funny, he hasnt seen the things in years, doesnt have alot of interest in them anymore and knows he could make a good deal of money but just cant seem to be bothered with going through what it would take to sell them.

He has sold a few things here and there but they are very well kept in comic boxes, mylar and stable temp in Ca and he is in Az so I think the combination of all of it just make it too much work, he knows they arent going to be trashed so there is no sense of urgency I think.

Hell if it was me I would have sold them all off bye now Smile
Edited by candycab on 17. October 2009 21:14
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Powerwave
yeah defo and if there was any he wanted he could just keep them, like if they held special memories or were great stories. but sell all the ones that he would never need again. but im a bit of a hypocrite i keep toys i will never need again.

lawsteven
RE: comic book fans

I have read the v for vendetta and blade. I realy enjoyed it i thought that book wasnt as good at the start but realy got better towards the end.

lawsteven
Simulation prÍt

Powerwave
candyCAB: im liking the sign it looks awesome.

lawsteven: are you refering to V for vendetta being a bit bad at the start? i had quite a problem with this book it didnt live up to the hype for me, watchmen or killing joke are far better alan moore books

Michael Max
Never been a collector but have always enjoyed Hulk, Iron Man, and Spiderman. The early Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles graphic novels were pretty cool. Oh, yeah, Batman graphic novels were also great.

Jump to Forum: