Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 1753
Thread Info
There are 17 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6232 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
LAST HOPE... (pls state WHICH version in your post - DC or NGCD or AES)
you like? you like? 67%[4 Votes]
you NO like! you NO like! 33%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 6
 Print Thread
Last Hope - Pink Bullets...
NeoGeoNinja
Absolutely...

NGDEV are releasing a tweaked edition of Last Hope for NGCD & DC!

Further details can be found on their official LH-PB page. The link:
http://www.lastho...vteam.com/

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS...
as I could only play the DC version of Last Hope and, even as a Shmup freak, I really found this game overly difficult. This version is more like a tweaked/remixed version of the NGCD original, which sounds great to me as I've heard the NGCD version is the best you can get... up until this news. Also, quite impressed to see the DC version will be getting the DVD-style case treatment. Very nice. These are the new features of particular note:

Pink Bullets specific Features

* Six credits and instant respawn during one credit
* Higher player ship speed from beginning
* Players ship does permanently equip the Rotary Protection Unit
* Five difficulty settings
* Overall less hard difficulty
* Altered stage color theme for higher Visibility
* Pink enemy bullets

SOUNDS GREAT!...
Instant respawn, higher speed from the get go and alterations to particle effects & pink bullets for overall clearer visibilty?! Sign me the f*ck up! I alwyas felt the original had potential, but really missed for me. I just didn't find the game fun or enjoyable, which, these are 2 things EVERY game should be, or, what's the point in playing?

Anyone else hyped about this?

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 07. June 2009 02:07

priest
Anything new released for the Dreamcast gets an immediate aproval from meThumbs Up

Seriously, I haven“t tryed Last hope yet so this will give me another chance...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Nadanova
Seeing as I don't have ze dreamcast I'd go for the NG CD version Smile AES version is just stupidly expensive.
Edited by Nadanova on 07. June 2009 10:34
Don't mention the war! - Basil Fawlty

STE C
I have the DC version and ive never really rated it as its stupidly hard but i might give this new version a spin

merlin
This is really good news for Dreamcast owners. Hopefully people who found the difficulty too frustrating will be able to start enjoying this great game. I've already mentioned quite a few times how much I love Last Hope in fact I'd say it's one of my top 5 favourite shooters on the Neo Geo. The graphics are really impressive and I love the soundtrack too.

I've only ever played the Neo CD version but I've always heard that the AES and DC versions are tougher partly because the shots are so much harder to see. I think the AES version is best avoided to be honest. The Neo CD version is still pretty tough and I've only beaten it on VERY EASY mode. The thing that helps a lot is the superplay dvd that comes with it. If you find a certain part of the game extremely difficult then it helps a lot to see someone else playing that section. The last boss is a total nightmare. To me the difficulty of the different stages is not uniform throughout the game for example stage 4 is a lot easier than stage 2. I would also say that Pulstar is a more difficult game.

I notice people sometimes tend to think of this game as being a Dreamcast shooter when first and foremost it was developed for the Neo Geo and then a DC version followed. For anyone who has both a DC and a Neo Geo CD I would recommend getting the Neo CD version instead. There are loads of games on the Dreamcast already and there are practically never any new games coming out for the Neo Geo.

RiKo
I really want the AES version! - but I think they are really being nasty with the price. Isn't it 500 Euros? I did consider it a while back, but decided that I couldn't spend that much on a game. I thought the whole point of the DC and NEo CD version was to subsidise the cost of the AES version. Given the AES version will be on its 2nd run, you'd think they could drop the price, esp since you have to send your own cartridge in!

Nice to hear about the new DC version - I have the old one. I am waiting for a Last Hope 'conversion' cart. At 500 Euros - its their own fault when it happens.

(lol - why did someone not like this?)
Edited by RiKo on 08. June 2009 14:20
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
shion
Interesting. Has anyone attempted converting this title to ROM?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
reelmojo
I haven't seen a Neo rom or an ISO of either NeoCD or Dreamcast versions, including the non-Pink Bullets version. I'd rather try before I buy personally, but that's not possible currently. Not that I mind, they're not going to make much money if everyone can just download it.

shion
I know of a ROM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
NeoGeoNinja
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
I know of a ROM

Creepy

Ninja

NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
I really want the AES version! - but I think they are really being nasty with the price. Isn't it 500 Euros? I did consider it a while back, but decided that I couldn't spend that much on a game. I thought the whole point of the DC and NEo CD version was to subsidise the cost of the AES version. Given the AES version will be on its 2nd run, you'd think they could drop the price, esp since you have to send your own cartridge in!

500Eur (Over £400!) for Last Hope is scandalous anyway! The DC/AES version just isn't that good I'm afraid. That's why the NGCD release is an improved version of the original IMO! Much better value for money too - even over the DC version LET ALONE the AES one!!

Really looking forward to this update. I think it will actually make Last Hope a good game!

RiKo wrote:
Nice to hear about the new DC version - I have the old one. I am waiting for a Last Hope 'conversion' cart. At 500 Euros - its their own fault when it happens.

If you have the DC version, and (presumably) played it... well, I have NO idea why you'd want this for AES! Just get the forthcoming version instead for NGCD or DC... who knows? Maybe they'll consider an AES release? GUTTED for all those who bought the original AES version for MAX price. I expect this version'll exceed it in pretty much every way.

RiKo wrote:
(lol - why did someone not like this?)

IT WAS ME! I don't like the 'original' Last Hope (DC). Thus I'm really looking forward to Pink Bullets as I hope it corrects many of the issues I find with Last Hope. So now you know! Wink

Ninja

STE C
I would be very interested to find out how many copies it sells on all formats as i might pick it up on CD & would love to know just how many people would consider buying the game on a format that has been dead 10 years like the NGCD . I suppose quality never dies i would buy any decnt game that was released on DC & NGCD like Wind & Water Puzzle Battles last year for the DC a great little puzzle game

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
I would be very interested to find out how many copies it sells on all formats as i might pick it up on CD & would love to know just how many people would consider buying the game on a format that has been dead 10 years like the NGCD . I suppose quality never dies i would buy any decnt game that was released on DC & NGCD like Wind & Water Puzzle Battles last year for the DC a great little puzzle game

JUST GET IT ANYWAY STE! F*CK IT... FOR BOTH NGCD & DC... HEH!
I'm rather looking forward to it, Still waiting for goddamn DUX to come out too! NEVERMIND announcing new games... where the hell's the other one from November 08!!! My pre-order still stands.

ALSO... not a puzzle guy myself, but did wonder how good W&W was. WAS TEMPTED to buy it myself, just because of what it is... a DC game 10 yrs down the line! Simply amazing. I'd be great if ppl did the same for the PS2 too... just to add to an already untouchable library of games. PS3 has A LOT to live up to, as do the other NxGens too. Doubt all the GFX and Sequels in the world will ever eclipse the PS2's golden era, let alone the SNES MD era!!

Ninja

NeoGeoNinja
I FOUND A VIDEO...
allegedly pertaining to the DC release. I wanted to see this, as the NGCD - more or less - has, to a lesser extent, a 'Pink Bullets' variant.

HERE IT IS...

YouTube Video

Ninja

NeoGeoNinja
SO, FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED...

Last Hope: Pink Bullets is now officially available for purchase from NG DEV DIRECT. I had issues attempting to buy a copy yesterday, so I emailed Timm enquiring as to the problem (I wanted to purchase via PayPal) and I also enquired about the actual possibility of an MVS version! Here's my email - followed by Timms response:

ME...
Hello there! I didn't realize this game had been released yet and I am overjoyed to learn that it was now available and ready for purchase! ^_^

However, upon registering with the site, I was unable to find a way, or an option of paying via PayPal (as mentioned on the site) as this is always my preferred method of payment.
Please can you offer me any advice on where this facility is and how I can use it.

Many thanks!

p.s. I would just like to mention that I am a member of 'NeoGeoForLife.com' and as such, many members there have showed an open interest in 'Pink Bullets', in particular, an MVS version. Even though it would appear that some members have a DC available to them, they would much rather play your latest game on NeoGeo hardware! (It seems NeoGeo owners are a 'tough nut to crack'). It had been mentioned to me that 'you/NGDEV' had perhaps suggested the possibility of an MVS version, so I thought I'd mention my 'findings' here, just in case you find them of interest.

TIMM...
Thanks for your mail. Due to maintenance PayPal was shortly deactivated.
You can now again purchase with PayPal.

Btw. we have planned to release a MVS version of Pink Bullets next year
if the DC version is well received.

Best regards,
Timm
--
Timm Hellwig
Sales manager of NG:DEV.TEAM

Email:
WWW: http://www.ngdevt...

THOUGHT YOU GUYS...
may have 'wanted' this information. Guess we'll just have to wait and see eh? Here's the address you need to go to should you be interested in buying a copy of 'Pink Bullets' for the DC or indeed the L.E. edition of Last Hope for NGCD
http://www.ngdevd...

:ninja:

NeoGeoNinja
*bump*

Ninja

RiKo
Thanks Ninja. I really want the MVS version - or at least a conversion of it! I'm not buying another DC version!. I hope other people do though. I'm sure they will release an MVS version anyway - they know how popular it is in the NG community (judging by how much they sell the AES version for!!) Smile

Nice video Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: