Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Widescreen
Thread ID: 171
Thread Info
There are 7 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2248 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Vista views...
Widescreen
The first thing that struck me as I wandered aimlessly through this huge maze of an operating system was that I was transported back to when I first got my grubby hands on Windows XP while using Windows ME. But instead of finding that Vista will make our lives easier, as I did with Windows XP... I found my self getting really frustrated!

I think this is because Microsoft is concentrating too much on security and IT control instead of making it easier for you and me to use. Obviously, security and managing IT are important but not at our productive expense.

Then there are “continue dialog boxes” popping up all over the place because of the “User Account Controls feature”?!!! What the *beep* is that all about?
Networking functions and settings are all over the place. Even File, Edit, View, etc are turned off on Vista folders... and a few other programs and utilities that come "bundled" with Vista. All making me feel like I need a good bath after my first trip into Vista land. Oh and the inferred implication that Vista "thinks" that I do not know my own mind even though I am over 10 years old...just insults me!

On a positive note I think that the best feature Vista has to offer is the direct support for A3D graphic chips and vector graphics along with fonts, DPI scaling, reflections, transparencies, 3D movements and other "eye candy" related tweaks etc.

I feel that Vista is an all round, poor, second best to Windows XP, but that is just my humble opinion...
right I'm off to run my bath... Pfft

http://forums.widescreenxp.net
NEo
Everybody complains about Vista now like they did with XP but in a year or so everybody will be running it im sure...i like the look (who doesn't) but thats about it...insane system requirements, oh and lets not forget gamers who wont get DirectX 10 on XP (MS extorsion plan) so everybody will have switch to Vista to play uber new games. Vista borrows way too much from MAC OSX in terms of looks...man MS wants to own the world...shame on you MS...i hope they burn in hell. :twisted:

I run W2K+W98SE dualboot...it's perfect
Edited by NEo on 11. February 2007 20:51
NEo4LiFE

www.google.com
boogiepop
I'm still running 98 LOL

Raiken
I run XP/98 dualboot. Nuff said.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

phry
I've hardly had any problems with XP and am definately not feeling an urge to move to vista any time in the near future.

Maybe when I'll get a new PC a year or so down the line I may consider it.

Goemon
Widescreen wrote:
The first thing that struck me as I wandered aimlessly through this huge maze of an operating system was that I was transported back to when I first got my grubby hands on Windows XP while using Windows ME. But instead of finding that Vista will make our lives easier, as I did with Windows XP... I found my self getting really frustrated!

I think this is because Microsoft is concentrating too much on security and IT control instead of making it easier for you and me to use. Obviously, security and managing IT are important but not at our productive expense.

Then there are “continue dialog boxes” popping up all over the place because of the “User Account Controls feature”?!!! What the *beep* is that all about?
Networking functions and settings are all over the place. Even File, Edit, View, etc are turned off on Vista folders... and a few other programs and utilities that come "bundled" with Vista. All making me feel like I need a good bath after my first trip into Vista land. Oh and the inferred implication that Vista "thinks" that I do not know my own mind even though I am over 10 years old...just insults me!

On a positive note I think that the best feature Vista has to offer is the direct support for A3D graphic chips and vector graphics along with fonts, DPI scaling, reflections, transparencies, 3D movements and other "eye candy" related tweaks etc.

I feel that Vista is an all round, poor, second best to Windows XP, but that is just my humble opinion...
right I'm off to run my bath... Pfft

That's around the same opinion that i've been reading about Vista since it came out. I assumed that it would ruthlessly inforce "User Friendly" to the point of being insulting.

Just like i did with 98, i'll stick with XP Pro untill i see a large improvement in performance or nearly become forced into an upgrade.
Edited by Goemon on 26. February 2007 23:09

xplics
I myself messed with vista only a few minuetes what I will say I found it easier messin with vista for the first time then it was easy to mess with xp for the first time way back when.
LONG LIVE SNK

Jump to Forum: