Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 1695
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3502 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Site Needs Updating
Will
Not to mention there is a lack of reviews for consoles like SNES, Sega Genesis, PC Engine and so on for comparison between the different versions of games, like Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury 1, Magical Drop 2 and World Heroes.

Some reviews missing are old titles such as Ozma Wars (The oldest SNK game ever created), Ikari Warriors III: The Rescue and Prehistoric Isle in the 1930s.

Shiny
I might have known Will would jump on this...

This site is maintained for no profit by people who do it in their spare time. Kaz has kept this place up for over a decade, entirely at his own expense, and whenever anyone starts complaining about a lack of content or untimely updates or whatever it pisses me off.

Want more reviews? Fucking write one.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Shiny
I didn't mean for that to sound as offensive as it may do. Everyone likes regular updates and new content but it's a lot of work and time is often limited.

If you or anyone else would like to contribute something, feel free.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

STE C
I agree with shiny this site Belongs to Kaz but technically we all run it . It is like Camelot and the knights of the round table each man is equal we all contribute i am more than happy to supply reviews on the games you mention Stray but aint computer literate so if somebody tells me how il do it. Also Neoninja probably knows more than anybody else about neo games on different consoles as he has them all ( i also have most as well ) so maybe we should contribute, you make sense Stray how else are people gonna know about what you request & deserve . Im sure Kaz could do with the help theres new blood on here now with new games & different views ive already left some comments on the reviews but i seem to be one of the few to speak up chaps. NeoNinja is a great guy who knows a lot ( and i mean a lot about games esp fighters) he has gave me some great advice about games & i have been into games since 79 , i reckon he could write some great reviews about neo games on other systems. In fact i bet we can all add more to this already great site . And dont knock Kaz like most of us he has job friends , girlfriend/wife , bills. booze, a normal everyday stressfull life too , and this is by far the best neo site on the net HERE IN THE UK
Edited by STE C on 09. May 2009 22:25

Shadi_Potter
Hands down agree with shiny and STE. It's really quite hard to maintain a site, let alone making reviews of a bajillion games (or making a single site for each game), in my case. It's really depends on the owners, contributors, and the maintenance teams' spare time.

http://www.arcadequartermaster.com
merlin
I agree with what people have said. Kaz has worked really hard on maintaining the site and deserves to have a break. It would be nice to see a few new reviews eventually and of course anyone who wants too can submit one. I might have a go myself one day. I do think that NGFL is the best English language Neo Geo fan site for reviews. neo-geo.com also has some excellent reviews but some of them are not as well written and there are a fair few Neo Geo games which have not been reviewed there e.g. Breakers.

Regarding the GOTW feature well we are taking a break from it just now but it will I'm sure be returning in the future. Stray if you want to discuss any of the past GOTWs then feel free to bump any of those forum threads. In the Kabuki Klash GOTW thread there are links to all the previous threads. We've already covered 30 games.
Edited by merlin on 10. May 2009 01:31

priest
Yes the word of the day is contribution. Since we all decide (within reason) whats on this site, we also have to contribute with what we can to make it the best it can be.

Im grateful for the job KAZ is/has put into this siteThumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoStrayCat
Sorry, I wasn't meant to be so prejudice or something like that to everyone here, also I would like to contibute, but that takes some time too. I was just trying to be helpful you know.:(

But we shall see in due time.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 10. May 2009 07:35
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
cthulhu
The Stray wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't meant to be so prejudice or something like that to everyone here, also I would like to contibute, but that takes some time too. I was just trying to be helpful you know.:(

But we shall see in due time.

Don't worry about it.
I also contributed to the site, by scanning manuals...haven't got the time and means to continue right now. Will start doing so if I'm able again to connect my scanner to my laptop.
The way a lot of people contribute to this site is quite unique I think and is a driving force to making the site as popular and good as it is now.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
I guess the only way I contribute to the site right now is by posting any news I find that I think you guys would find interesting. Mostly fighting game stuff. I'd love to write some reviews for the site one day though. Kaz's reviews are what got me into NeoGeo games in the first place, which in turn renewed my love of 2d fighting games. It'd be awesome to have reviews I wrote on the same site with the ones that so changed my gaming ways.

So yeah, I plan on contributing at least to the Other Reviews section with some reviews of non-SNK related games that fans of the site would still be interested in. Hopefully I'll be able to write some that are as detailed and interesting as some of Kaz's long form reviews. I remember that after reading magazine reviews with one screenshot and two paragraphs of text for years, seeing a review that spans three pages and practically dissects the entire game was so refreshing to me.

Will
Don't worry I am very patient about updates. Don't get the wrong idea about me, I am not demanding any updates. The highscore challenges and related activities such as story composition keep me busy. You've still got to admit its a lovely surprise to see something new, even if it does take long. If you were to put up a list of "Reviews Wanted" I think other members will be inclined to contribute. I have intentions to begin a review on an SNES game, "Art of Fighting" ideally.
Edited by Will on 10. May 2009 20:00

Powerwave
i think ure very wrong to say that the site needs updating when theres only one man responsible for this beautifull site, he has a life and when he feels not like contributing thats fair dooseys for him its his site after all. three cheers for the best website on the globe

hip hip

priest
Powerwave wrote:hip hip

...hooraySmile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoStrayCat
Ok, I know that already, I am kinda new here (Not a n00Cool, and I was also of intending of that AOF review for the SNES, but since there may be no need to, I was thinking of doing A SamSho one, or if someone decides to do one.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Jump to Forum: