Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: jlz
Thread ID: 1672
Thread Info
There are 3 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2316 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Supergun question
jlz
I've got an AES, and I'm very happy with it, but since all the games I want to get are very expensive, I started thinking about the cheaper alternative of MVS.

Since I've not got room for a cab, I guess I need to know more about superguns.

How much is a good supergun likely to set me back? Where could I get one? Can I use AES sticks/memory cards on one?

STE C
Its a tricky one i have both supergun/mvs board & consolised mvs board, if you go down the supergun route obviously you can run jamma pcbs too , ive got a Raven Games supergun but they come with awful converted megadrive pads and they wire the internal joystic ports so you cant use Neo sticks unless you are clever enough to re-wire them ( which i aint). It is actually a well constructed unit and comes with scart connector which most Euro superguns tend to have. The downside is the internal mono speaker which is ok but it has a headphone jack so you can plug in passive speakers they say, i think thats the speakers that dont have power supply as i plugged my pc speakers into it which may or may not have damaged my old mvs board. So maybe look for different supergun or go for mvs board that has joystic ports on which is what i recently purchased. Theres a site called HARD MVS which explains what the different boards do, it is a bit confusing at first as theres lots of if & buts about boards and superguns. Consolised boards are a better choice, mine actually has the sound coming through the scart meaning it comes out my tv speakers i have the guys permission to pass on his details if you fancy going down that route of having one made Ebay often has superguns on and consolised boards .
Edited by STE C on 22. April 2009 18:00

STE C
Oh ive just thought why dont you consider getting a convertor adapter, i dont know much about them but other members use them and they appear to be pretty good from what ive heard. They tend to be 200+ which could probably pay for supergun & board but it may be a better route for you to go down as you have a AES

Jump to Forum: