Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The eccentric cat
Thread ID: 1664
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 11656 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Melty Blood Actress Again for PS2!
The eccentric cat
Been wating for a PS2 port for a long time... and its finally coming! Grin

ranobe.com/up/src/up352301.jpg
Official site:
http://e56.info/m...index.html
Release date seems to be August 2009.

Also, Ryougi Shiki (From Kara no Kyokai) is making an appearance!!

This port can't come soon enough, I've been waiting to play this for a long time now! *sigh* But it'll have to be imported... It will also include other new characters. If so, I want SHIKI Tohno! XP
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
I really need to get a chip for my PS2 so I can play Japanese games. You guys on this site have made me want to play a bunch of them (other than Melty Blood, Fate: Unlimited Codes and Arcana Heart come to mind).

Wild Tengu
Why can't they keep it on the PC where it belongs? At least then there's a chance of online play. I had one of the recent MB installments, along with a program called MBcaster that let you play the game online, worked like a charm. But PS2? Meh.

I've never been a fan of Melty "Crud" though, I hate the gameplay system and most of the characters. Bland, generic, boring designs. Shiki Tohno is easily the worst main character ever. We have enough school boys has it is. What makes Shiki so different? Oh, he has a knife and has special eyes and wears glasses, stab, stab, stab, stab. IMMA CUT YER LINES. He has such a boring personality, as does most of the cast, maybe save for Kohaku who is amusing.

Would also be good if they actually made the game hi-res and used multi-layer backgrounds that are animated and have life in them. Haven't they been re-using that crap long enough? It's starting to look worse than some of Capcom's games and KOF. MB is one ugly fighter. I would take any of Capcom or SNK's rehashes over this shit.

But yeah, they need to stop releasing fighters on the PS2, nobody will play them, save for a small minority.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
merlin
This is great news. Thanks for letting us know about this Cat. Thumbs Up I played the arcade version last month and really enjoyed it so I'll definitely be buying this on PS2 in the future. I still haven't played the first PS2 Melty Blood game so it's probably better if I grab that first though.

While I did enjoy playing Melty Blood Actress Again I do have a problem with the graphics. For a modern fighting game I was very disappointed with the sprites and also some backgrounds are very boring and generally lacking in detail. However despite that it's clear this is a great game so I will be buying it.
Edited by merlin on 19. April 2009 13:51

STE C
I have a Jap copy of this game and really dont like it despite people raving about it so check the selling forum if anybody wants to buy or trade it

NeoGeoNinja
The eccentric cat wrote:
Been wating for a PS2 port for a long time... and its finally coming! Grin

Release date seems to be August 2009.

Also, Ryougi Shiki (From Kara no Kyokai) is making an appearance!!

This port can't come soon enough, I've been waiting to play this for a long time now! *sigh* But it'll have to be imported... It will also include other new characters. If so, I want SHIKI Tohno! XP

Hey ECAT!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'd heard about this games existence over in Japanese Arcades a while back, but to be honest, didn't expect it to get a console release. So this is great news! Thumbs Up

BY COINCIDENCE... I had recently been giving Act Cadenza quite a bit of attention recently on my PS2. I'd never really given it any serious time before, but after doing so it would appear that this game is actually even better than I first thought! My fave character at the moment is (I think she's called) Akiho Vermillion(?) Superb character to play as! Yeah, actually, she's uber cool. Grin

I can see the issues ppl may have with the resolution of the graphics, but the ACTUAL animation itself is superb IMO. The resolution wasn't/isn't an issue with me.

Unfortunately I don't actually know anything about the anime, or indeed the characters or their purpose. I simply bought the game as a 2D fighter enthusiast. I'm thinking maybe understanding the characters and story more may increase my enjoyment of the game? As 'Tengu' mentioned, perhaps the characters do look a little bland or maybe even generic, but at the same time, as a person who's 'only here' for the game itself, I found the over japanese designs quite endearing really. Hmm

LETS HOPE... it doesn't end up being an 'Arcana Heart 2' eh :(

Fingers crossed Wink

Ninja

The eccentric cat
merlin wrote:
This is great news. Thanks for letting us know about this Cat. Thumbs Up I played the arcade version last month and really enjoyed it so I'll definitely be buying this on PS2 in the future. I still haven't played the first PS2 Melty Blood game so it's probably better if I grab that first though.

Ah, I don't think its necessary to get Act Cadenza for the PS2, as its severely outdated now. Pfft You could just wait for AA. X3

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
BY COINCIDENCE... I had recently been giving Act Cadenza quite a bit of attention recently on my PS2. I'd never really given it any serious time before, but after doing so it would appear that this game is actually even better than I first thought! My fave character at the moment is (I think she's called) Akiho Vermillion(?) Superb character to play as! Yeah, actually, she's uber cool. Grin

I can see the issues ppl may have with the resolution of the graphics, but the ACTUAL animation itself is superb IMO. The resolution wasn't/isn't an issue with me.

Unfortunately I don't actually know anything about the anime, or indeed the characters or their purpose. I simply bought the game as a 2D fighter enthusiast. I'm thinking maybe understanding the characters and story more may increase my enjoyment of the game? As 'Tengu' mentioned, perhaps the characters do look a little bland or maybe even generic, but at the same time, as a person who's 'only here' for the game itself, I found the over japanese designs quite endearing really. Hmm

LETS HOPE... it doesn't end up being an 'Arcana Heart 2' eh :(

Fingers crossed Wink

Ninja

Yeah, Akiha's so cool! Grin (and scary... uah ^^; )

Melty Blood is based on the visual novel Tsukihime (There's no anime -_-; ), you can read it in manga form, though. Although it definitely helps you enjoy Melty Blood more, since it has a good story mode, and if you translated the games, its not entirely necessary.

I agree with you, Ninja, I personally don't see all the graphics hate in Melty Blood :\ , I think it looks and animates beautifully. My only gripe would be the balance in there, if I'm not mistaken, Sion infinites were actually allowed in tournaments... That just never sat right for me. o_O (Of course Capcom has the same deal with the Marvel vs. series XP). But the games are definitely fun. and the balance seems to be looking better in each installment, so yeah, I'm definitely getting AA! :3

And don't worry about what Tengu says, he hates Type-Moon in general. Pfft
Edited by The eccentric cat on 20. April 2009 03:04
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

RiKo
I have Act Cadnenza but no chipped or Jap PS2 to play it on :sad: It seems strange they are still making games for PS2 (I know there's a lot of them!). If they made it on PS3 then they would HAVE to improve the graphics! - perhaps that's why. I read KOF XII is a lot of work for the animators.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
I have Act Cadnenza but no chipped or Jap PS2 to play it on :sad: It seems strange they are still making games for PS2 (I know there's a lot of them!). If they made it on PS3 then they would HAVE to improve the graphics! - perhaps that's why. I read KOF XII is a lot of work for the animators.

MY GUESS IS... that producing games on the PS2 platform is quite a margin cheaper than producing games for the PS3, as well as all the sprite re-draws etc factored in. MBAA was/is an existing Arcade Game at present so I guess porting it to the PS2 makes the most sense (or maybe even PSP & DS too, or indeed the Wii) especially when considering the graphics and the TV equipment used to run most PS2's (CRT at a guess). I'm assuming MBAC or MBAA don't look too clever running through a 42-50" screen? Hmm

SO RiKo... why do you have a JP copy of MBAC if you haven't got the facilities to play it? Shrug Did you intend on buying a JP PS2 or chipping one eventually? I tried to get my PS2 chipped so that I could run imports but couldn't find ayone locally who would do it. Would've saved me buying a JP one! Shock

RiKo
I can see it makes sense making games for PS2. I think Sony wish it would die though - so they can move on to the PS3 fully. I think its happening from what I read recently. It's a shame companies feel they can't release games like Melty Blood on PS3 - maybe they could do a compilation - I think that would sell!

SO RiKo... why do you have a JP copy of MBAC if you haven't got the facilities to play it? Did you intend on buying a JP PS2 or chipping one eventually? I tried to get my PS2 chipped so that I could run imports but couldn't find ayone locally who would do it. Would've saved me buying a JP one!

Cat made me buy it! lol. No seriously I have 2 PS2s. One is one of the older giant ones, and it wouldn't play dual layer DVDs like GOTWII and GT4. Someone told me it was possibly becasue it was modded (though it was more likely the laser starting to go). I thought I probably would get a Jap PS2 at some point - I'd imagine them to be very cheap since there are so many floating around - but anyway I wanted to see if my old PS2 was modded by trying a jap game on it - so I got Melty Blood.

It wasn't modded by the way. lol but it means I can sell my big PS2 and save some space.

Can you mod the small slimline PS2? - It would be good cos I like my UK games Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Raiken
Bout damn time. I've been dying t o play the new revamped NeroGrin
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Jump to Forum: