Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Midian
Thread ID: 1659
Thread Info
There are 76 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Atomiswave emulator
Midian
Hokuto no Ken is the only working game yet, but it works flawlessly. Let's hope we'll be able to play it online soon.

More info: http://atomiswave...-blog.com/

Site is in French, but easy to navigate.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

GeeseTheDuck
It took a few years of wait but now It's finally here, lets hope they get any snk games working as well
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
reelmojo
Whoa! This came out of nowhere! I've been kinda interested in Fist of the Northstar but figured there was no available way for me to play it. Still... I'm betting my computer won't run it flawlessly. I'm hoping compatibility increases soon because there are plenty of games on that list that I'd love to play on my computer (not to mention over Kaillera once that becomes possible). KoFXI, Knights of Valor, and I've heard good things about the Rumble Fish games.

Looks like it's not gonna work for me. When I load the rom it tells me "Create pbuffer failed." No idea what that means, but I've messed with all kinds of settings to no avail. Oh well... this computer shouldn't be powerful enough to emulate the Atomiswave correctly anyway so I'm gonna have to wait until I can upgrade.

Also, I completely forgot that the Atomiswave hardware was based on the Dreamcast. That explains why it's being supported by demul before MAME has even touched it.
Edited by reelmojo on 14. April 2009 02:09

cthulhu
reelmojo wrote:
Also, I completely forgot that the Atomiswave hardware was based on the Dreamcast. That explains why it's being supported by demul before MAME has even touched it.

Not really true, the AW was based on NAOMI hardware on which the Dreamcast was based...the AW is not as powerful as the NAOMI though.
Runs extremely slow on my laptop...I think I'll stick to the original arcade hardware to play AW games.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Midian
Sucks to hear it doesn't work well for you guys, I assumed it would work pretty well for everyone.

Reelmojo: Are you sure you downloaded the plugins too?

merlin
Wow this is great news! Grin I haven't actually tried it yet though. I'm desperate to play some more of the wonderful The Rumble Fish 2 and in the future being able to play it on my PC would be like a dream come true! Also if it's possible to play online in the future then it would be incredible to be able to play Hokuto no Ken, Guilty Gear X and the Rumble Fish games online. Nice find Midian. Thumbs Up
Edited by merlin on 14. April 2009 16:37

NeoGeoNinja
But will it work on me Mac?

Will any of that online gaming stuff that utilises ROMs work on a Mac??

I apologise, but I'm useless when it comes to all that stuff! Ya know the old:

"... then copy it to the EFF_901 folder, but remember to convert it through SuperCrushX64-LE first, or the emulator won't be able to locate the KL Files essential for the XL52T EmuSmart 9's ROM smashing module to display sprites at 789 x 543 (with interlacing). Also burn it to CD 5 times then copy all 5 back from the discs simultaneously using a VRinput magnet app (can be downloaded from www.imbecile.co.pl), which allows 'actual' blending of the audio channels enabling DTS 11.3, even on C64 & NES ROMS!!... yadda yadda."

Sorry guys... I just don't get :(

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 14. April 2009 19:33

tomoprime
Has any ports pop'd up on xbox yet?

fumanchu
tomoprime wrote:

the only atomiswave games to appear on xbox were
king of fighters neowave
giulty gearxx reload
guilty gear isuka
those 3 and the rest like rumble fish,metal slug6,kofx1,neogeo battle colleseum....were ported to the ps2.

cthulhu
fumanchu wrote:
tomoprime wrote:

king of fighters neowave
giulty gearxx reload
guilty gear isuka
those 3 and the rest like rumble fish,metal slug6,kofx1,neogeo battle colleseum....were ported to the ps2.

Not really true...Guilty Gear X ver 1.5 was released on the AW, not Guilty Gear XX #Reload (was released on the Sega Naomi). Also Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) was ported to the PS2.
So that leaves Guilty Gear X ver 1.5, Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist and The Rumble Fish 2 as system exclusives (not counting the gun and racing games) of which I have Dolphin Blue and Demolish Fist (which are pretty nice games)
My arcade stuff

Midian
Dolphin Blue is made by the guys who made Metal Slug 1-3 if I'm not mistaken so I really want to play this game, hope it'll be soon available.

merlin
Congrats on reaching 1000 posts Midian! Joe Bob Franco

I've just been watching a video of Dolphin Blue and it does look awesome. It looks like it plays in a similar way to the Metal Slug games. I can't wait till they emulate this one. Also Knights of Valour - The Seven Spirits looks like a very good game too.

http://www.youtub...tla0KUlzeA
Edited by merlin on 20. April 2009 22:12

Midian
Haha, thanks Merlin.

Knights of Valour indeed looks pretty cool, kinda reminds me of Samurai Shodown a bit. Will keep it in mind! I wish they start working on having more roms available soon.

cthulhu
merlin wrote:
I've just been watching a video of Dolphin Blue and it does look awesome. It looks like it plays in a similar way to the Metal Slug games. I can't wait till they emulate this one. Also Knights of Valour - The Seven Spirits looks like a very good game too.

http://www.youtub...tla0KUlzeA

Damn, I've forgotten about Knights of Valour - The Seven Spirits...I also got that one. A really nice game, but it is a bit short though. The best thing about this game is that you get a choice of which stage to play next, so it stays a bit varied.

Dolphin Blue is also a very nice game, but it really suffers from some nasty slowdown as the Atomiswave isn't that great at handeling 3D graphics. Also there's not a lot of variation between stage, but it's a Run and Gun game, so I'm not complaining.

People always tend to forget or ignore Demolish Fist, but I can tell you that I like it a lot. How many Beat 'em Ups get released nowadays anyway??? It's got a reasonable amount of combos for each of the four characters and I think the ingame graphics are pretty good. The stages are really varied, as are most enemies...bosses are just plain weird but in a good way. The graphics in the cut scenes are a bit on the crappy side (3D and AW don't go together that great), but the voice acting is hilariously bad which I like in a game like this (makes it feel like a bad Kung Fu movie).
Edited by cthulhu on 21. April 2009 09:37
My arcade stuff

fumanchu
cthulhu wrote:
fumanchu wrote:
tomoprime wrote:

king of fighters neowave
giulty gearxx reload
guilty gear isuka

Not really true...Guilty Gear X ver 1.5 was released on the AW, not Guilty Gear XX #Reload (was released on the Sega Naomi). Also Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) was ported to the PS2.
So that leaves Guilty Gear X ver 1.5, Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist and The Rumble Fish 2 as system exclusives (not counting the gun and racing games) of which I have Dolphin Blue and Demolish Fist (which are pretty nice games)

The internet where the word anal has another meaning....!
Edited by fumanchu on 21. April 2009 16:24

merlin
cthulhu wrote:
People always tend to forget or ignore Demolish Fist, but I can tell you that I like it a lot. How many Beat 'em Ups get released nowadays anyway??? It's got a reasonable amount of combos for each of the four characters and I think the ingame graphics are pretty good. The stages are really varied, as are most enemies...bosses are just plain weird but in a good way. The graphics in the cut scenes are a bit on the crappy side (3D and AW don't go together that great), but the voice acting is hilariously bad which I like in a game like this (makes it feel like a bad Kung Fu movie).

For some strange reason I always mistakenly thought Demolish Fist was a 3d one on one fighting game. I can't find any videos on youtube of this game but just watched one on google. It does look like a really nice game so I'll look forward to playing it one day. The first boss is pretty cool. Also out of the shooting games Ranger Mission looks like it might pretty enjoyable.

http://video.goog...&hl=en

I finally tried the Atomiswave emulator and it works perfectly. The emulation couldn't really have been any better. I do have a problem though for some reason I can't work out how to make it full screen. I can see how to change the resolution in the video settings but the game is always in windowed mode. Can anyone please help me out?

Midian
Thanks for finding that video merlin, I couldn't find anything too. It looks pretty cool.

I checked for the full screen thing and I couldn't find anything either. In the about me page they say the version is only 0.5.3 so maybe it's not properly working yet. Since they are still working on getting more roms to work we'll probably see a new release of the emu in the future.

merlin
Ok thanks for clearing that up Midian. I guess the emulator is still in it's infancy so I'm sure they'll be adding full screen mode and other features including of course hopefully netplay support eventually.

NeoGeoNinja
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

"... then copy it to the EFF_901 folder, but remember to convert it through SuperCrushX64-LE first, or the emulator won't be able to locate the KL Files essential for the XL52T EmuSmart 9's ROM smashing module to display sprites at 789 x 543 (with interlacing). Also burn it to CD 5 times then copy all 5 back from the discs simultaneously using a VRinput magnet app (can be downloaded from www.imbecile.co.pl), which allows 'actual' blending of the audio channels enabling DTS 11.3, even on C64 & NES ROMS!!... yadda yadda."

Ninja

YEAH... THATS RIGHT!

No one answered this one for me :(

I would love any advice regarding running these emu's on a MAC and MORE IMPORTANTLY, getting all that NetPlay stuff to work, to play online matches like you guys do on emulation ('Kalilera', or something?) or does nobody honestly know??

HELP!

Ninja

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

Ninja

YEAH... THATS RIGHT!

No one answered this one for me :(

I would love any advice regarding running these emu's on a MAC and MORE IMPORTANTLY, getting all that NetPlay stuff to work, to play online matches like you guys do on emulation ('Kalilera', or something?) or does nobody honestly know??

HELP!

Ninja

Hey Ninja. Sorry for not responding to your question. Flowers The truth is I don't know much when it comes to Macs. I do know that there are a LOT LESS emulators and games that will work with them. For that reason alone I will never buy a Mac.

I don't think the Atomiswave emulator will work with a Mac. I think you always need a version of an emulator that has been specifically built for use with Macs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. You also can't use kaillera yet. It's possible a version of Mame for Macs will appear in the future with kaillera support. I don't know if you already know this but there is a special version of Mame for Macs. MacMame has been discontinued so Mame OS X is the one you want.

http://mameosx.so...forge.net/

Here are some other emulators you can use too:

http://www.emulat...c.php/mac/

I just read something of interest at the 2DF forums.

http://2dfighter....t/418.aspx

It seems if you have windows on your Mac then you can use 2DF. I wonder if you can then also use other windows emulators. In truth I don't really know much about this subject. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more.

Jump to Forum: