Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Midian
Thread ID: 1659
Thread Info
There are 76 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Atomiswave emulator
Midian
Since this stuff is only in beta (I think?) Netplay probably won't be available for Atomiswave anytime soon.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
Hey Ninja. Sorry for not responding to your question. Flowers The truth is I don't know much when it comes to Macs. I do know that there are a LOT LESS emulators and games that will work with them. For that reason alone I will never buy a Mac.

I don't think the Atomiswave emulator will work with a Mac. I think you always need a version of an emulator that has been specifically built for use with Macs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. You also can't use kaillera yet. It's possible a version of Mame for Macs will appear in the future with kaillera support. I don't know if you already know this but there is a special version of Mame for Macs. MacMame has been discontinued so Mame OS X is the one you want.

http://mameosx.so...forge.net/

Here are some other emulators you can use too:

http://www.emulat...c.php/mac/

I just read something of interest at the 2DF forums.

http://2dfighter....t/418.aspx

It seems if you have windows on your Mac then you can use 2DF. I wonder if you can then also use other windows emulators. In truth I don't really know much about this subject. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more.

THANKS MERLIN Thumbs Up

I appreciate the help. I'm useless when it comes to these kind of things I'm afraid. I simply use my Mac to work on and such. I understand Macs well enough, but as soon as ppl start discussing Emulation and ROMs etc... I get lost.

I haven't had time to read the links you kindly found for me yet, but I'll give them a browse when I get home.

I suppose, if its difficult to play Emu's on the Mac, I can natively install Windows on my Mac to run the stuff I need with little bother. Just prefer not to though really. I'll give it some thought.

Ninja

cthulhu
fumanchu wrote:
The internet where the word anal has another meaning....!

You're welcome! We do our best to correct as many things as possible.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

garu21
not worcking Annoyed but nice find midian

[img][/img]

Midian
garu21 wrote:
not worcking Annoyed but nice find midian

You didn't get the emulator to work or your computer just can't handle it?

Since it doesn't work for everyone I'm considering uploading the emulator with all the plugins preset for everyone.

Midian
I've been playing Hokuto on my PS2 and on the emulator now and I find it much more enjoyable on the emu. It plays a bit smoother and fast paced imo (though the music fucks up every now and then, small problem though) even though the PS2 port is great as well.

Any thoughts?

merlin
Midian wrote:
I've been playing Hokuto on my PS2 and on the emulator now and I find it much more enjoyable on the emu. It plays a bit smoother and fast paced imo (though the music fucks up every now and then, small problem though) even though the PS2 port is great as well.

Any thoughts?

I haven't played it all that much on the emulator. I just tend to play it on the PS2. I hadn't really noticed any difference but I did play both versions yesterday one after another to compare. It's hard to say but on the emulator it does seem perhaps slightly faster. They certainly made a great job of porting this game to the PS2 that's for sure.

I can't wait till the Rumble Fish 2 is playable. Hopefully that will be next.

Midian
I'm actually hoping for Samurai Shodown VI but Rumble Fish 2 would be nice too.

garu21
I HAVE ALL THE PLUGINS THE START BUTTON WONT WORCK IT GIVES ME COIN EROR :(
[img][/img]

Midian
That sounds pretty fucked up. D:

garu21
yes it is Annoy
[img][/img]

Neo Beast
Will this Emulator work on a Windows Vista Notebook? i wouldn't mind playing some rumble fish 2, I loved the first one that was ported on the Ps2.
Edited by Neo Beast on 21. May 2009 00:16

Midian
Wouldn't know, but I don't know why it shouldn't work. Unfortunately, only Hokuto no Ken is released as of now.

merlin
I'm running Vista on my PC and the emulator works perfectly for me. I'm sure it'll run just fine on your notebook Neo Beast.

The Rumble Fish 2 is the Atomiswave game I'm looking forward to the most. It's a great game.

NeoStrayCat
Error Message still there (Create Pbuffer Failed), Already did steps 1-6, but kinda lost on the video settings, are you supposed to match the PC Resoultion setting or something, because is the E.M. part of the process to run it or something, and how long does it take to start up, cause im reading the guide, and it's kinda in the middle for me.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 10. June 2009 21:09
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
merlin
Since a number of people are having problems running the emulator I've tried to write a small guide. I hope this might help someone. Following these steps exactly the emulator runs perfectly for me but perhaps there is some other reason why people are having problems running the emulator. I could be wrong about this but I have a suspicion that perhaps people who are having problems haven't configured the controls correctly for inserting coins and starting the game.

1. Download the three files: the emulator, bios and Hokuto no Ken (Fist Of The North Star) rom and put them into a folder.

2. Extract the emulator (Atoms_v053_.rar). DO NOT extract the rom or bios.

3. Click on Atoms.exe

4. Click ok. Then under the PORT A section choose either keyboard or controller if you're using a joypad. Ignore everything else. Then click ok at the bottom.

5. Go to 'Config' and select 'Gamepad' and click on Joy 1. Then assign whatever joypad buttons or keyboard keys you want for punches, kicks, directions, inserting coins and starting the game. All functions must be assigned to either the joypad or keyboard and not a mixture of both like with many emulators. Click ok twice.

6. Go to 'Config' and select 'Video'. Here you can select the screen resolution. Although you can choose a full screen resolution the game will run in windowed mode. I don't think it's possible to play in full screen mode yet so just select a resolution for windowed mode so that the picture will look as big as possible. Then click ok.

7. Go to 'File' and choose 'Run Atomiswave'. Double click on 'Fist Of The North Star'. Ignore the next two boxes that pop up on the screen. Just click ok to get rid of them.

8. The game will start after a short while. DO NOT skip the intro because it's amazing. Enjoy the awesomeness that is Hokuto no Ken. YOU WA SHOCK!!!

The Stray wrote - Error Message still there (Create Pbuffer Failed), Already did steps 1-6, but kinda lost on the video settings, are you supposed to match the PC Resoultion setting or something, because is the E.M. part of the process to run it or something, and how long does it take to start up, cause im reading the guide, and it's kinda in the middle for me.

That sucks. I've just been reading that a load of other people are having the same problem as you. Some people were saying that it might be to do with the PC specs and graphics card used to run the emulator. Anyway the emulator is still at an early stage so perhaps in the future an updated version might work. Regarding the video settings no you don't need to match the resolution of your PC. I can run the emulator at any resolution and it works fine for me. Typically for me the game takes around 10 seconds to start.
Edited by merlin on 11. June 2009 15:24

NeoStrayCat
Oh, well, I'll just wait until it gets updated though, and yeah, you might be right, don't think my PC doesn't have the specs for it yet. Until then...Neutral (ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA-Hokuto Hyakurestsu-Ken)
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 13. June 2009 18:57
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
garu21
i have very good spec on my pc :( & and still.... not worcking
[img][/img]

TheBurningPunch
i tried playing this emu when merlin gave me the link but because of my crappy comp's specs i wasn't able to cause it gave me this error: GL_ARB_multitexture failed

merlin
Glad to see you signed up to the forums Burning Punch. It's a pretty relaxed place and we discuss loads of games besides Neo Geo. If you want to you can introduce yourself in the arrivals and departures section of the forums.

A lot of people have problems with the Atomiswave emulator. I think it might well be because of the cpu not being powerful enough rather than the graphics card.

Jump to Forum: