Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 1646
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2894 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
IVE JOINED A HAPPY CULT
STE C
Hi thanks for the warm welcome chaps glad to have recently joined this site its like a happy cult. A bit about me then im 34 been into gaming since about 1982 really into Pc Engine, Saturn and most of all NEO GEO, got a PS3 & 360 but dont play them that much as i cant feel any magic in modern gaming ( old sod) although i do like the look of the new KOF . Had AES in 1992 but could only afford a few games so had to sell it ( which i regret) ended up getting a NEO CD in 1996 and have good collection. Love my NEO CD as it has never once crashed or had any problems loading games although i am fanatical about looking after stuff. Wanted a AES this year but went for supergun & board for the obvious cheaper games , just got a consolised one a few weeks back to bloke made a lovely job and was not very expensive. Fave game of all time on Neo is SS4 ,KOF98 and Last Blade , graphics wise i think Real Bout 2 is about the best on Neo. Anyway look forward to chatting to you guys i feel like of returned to happier time in my life late teens when worries dident exist . Ste C

Atomduck
Welcome! I like the heading that you put on it! Lol, we're simply a cult of nerds who love an obscure system! Real Bout 2 looks incredible I only have Real Bout Special as goes for the Real Bout series of games but I have alot of fun with it!

STE C
ITS DEF WORTH GETTING REAL BOUT 2 ALTHOUGH IT ONLY CAME OUT A YEAR LATER THE 2 NEW CHARACTERS RICK & ZANGFUA ARE WORTH THE ASKING PRICE AS WELL AS SOME BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS , I ACTUALLY PREFER IT TO GAROU ( THAT COMMENT MAY CAUSE OFFENCE TO OTHER MEMBERS) BUT ONLY JUST. MY BIG WISH IS TO SEE A NEW SAMURAI SHOWDOWN ON THAT NEW TAITO ARCADE BOARD LIKE WHAT THE NEW KOF IS GONNA BE.

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
Hi thanks for the warm welcome chaps glad to have recently joined this site its like a happy cult. A bit about me then im 34 been into gaming since about 1982 really into Pc Engine, Saturn and most of all NEO GEO, got a PS3 & 360 but dont play them that much as i cant feel any magic in modern gaming ( old sod) although i do like the look of the new KOF . Had AES in 1992 but could only afford a few games so had to sell it ( which i regret) ended up getting a NEO CD in 1996 and have good collection. Love my NEO CD as it has never once crashed or had any problems loading games although i am fanatical about looking after stuff. Wanted a AES this year but went for supergun & board for the obvious cheaper games , just got a consolised one a few weeks back to bloke made a lovely job and was not very expensive. Fave game of all time on Neo is SS4 ,KOF98 and Last Blade , graphics wise i think Real Bout 2 is about the best on Neo. Anyway look forward to chatting to you guys i feel like of returned to happier time in my life late teens when worries dident exist . Ste C

Hey Ste...

Glad to hear (read?) your liking it here.

INTERESTINGLY, like yourself, I too cannot find the magic in modern gaming! I recently got a PS3 specifically for the like of RE5 & SFIV (RE4 - and the REseries & SF3 - and the SF series are some of my favourite games EVER!) and even those failed to make an impact! I fear unless KOFXII makes some kind of impresssion, then I'll have to walk away from modern gaming full stop and simply consider my gaming interest limited up to PS2 & GC (& DC too of course Wink )

HOWEVER, I also don't find any magic in OLD OLD games like: 2600, Coleco (ONLY Zaxxon!), Speccy, C64, CPC464... etc through to Amiga & ST. They're also, just not my bag. I thought I'd died & gone to heaven, it was quarter past eleven on a Satur... sorry I meant, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when console like the NES, SMS, MD & SNES arrived on their respective scenes... They're where gaming began for me... not a sh*t conversion of Double Dragon 1 & 2 on the C64, or indeed, the old 'Public Domain' stuff... bleugh!! Simply not my thing I'm afraid. (no offense to anyone reading this, like RiKo and his fan of Speccyness for example... sorry pal, you wont find any cassettes or floppys in my collection... heh.

I GUESS I MUST BE AN OLD SOD TOO, EXCEPT, I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR MY 'ELDERS"... HAH!

Like yourself (hopefully like MANY!) I am also a BIG fan of Shenmue... but more so the 1st over the 2nd. They're both amazing, but I played the 1st game, er, first? And completely fell in love with it... it nearly cost me my long-term relationship at the time!! Yep, that good!

I'D BE INTERESTED to know if you've tried the YAKUZA games by SEGA? Not quite Shenmue, but nowadays, as close as you're gonna get... yet another couple of games that took over my life (and trust me, 'wander-roundy' games, as my GF calls them, aren't my usual thing!) I'D recommend a SMue fan like you try them, if you haven't already? I'd guess you probably have!?

ANYWAYS... Look forward to discussing things with you during your/our time here. Take it easy!

Ninja

STE C
Hi mate yeah i have Yakuza 1& 2, enjoyed YAKUZA 1 but have not had chance to play 2nd one yet. My complaints about Yakuza games are the restrictions in walking about ( set angles ect) but checked out footage of Yakuza 3 on PS3 and that looks more like Shenmue with a free roaming kind of viewpoint. I actually imported that YAKUZA KENZAN spinoff game but even using online guide it became boring as i had to keep reading up on were to go next, although it looked lovely. I agree with what you say i could almost walk away from modern gaming tomorrow but live in hope that Playmore will make some great games on that new Taito arcade board, looking forward that new ARC beat em up Blablaze Calamity Trigger could be interesting

priest
Hi and welcome to NGFL, STE CSmile

Sounds like you have a good taste when it comes to games, even though I disagree with your taste concerning choosing RB2 over Mark of the wolves. Well its good that we all have different preferences when it comes to games...and other things Smile

Anyways its nice to see another "old-timer" here at NGFL. "Stay a while, stay forever" Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
RiKo
WELCOME STE C _ NICE TO MEET YOU BUDDY Smile
I hope you have a good time here Smile

I recently got Real Bout Special and I love it. I need to play it more to see if it is better than MOTW, I think I prefered it to RB 2.

lol Ninja - don't disrespect the Spectrum Smile - Jet Set Willy is the god of 8 bit gaming. No messing about with mushrooms and pipes for him - it was all blue pills, pints of beer and space rockets. (why are all 8 bit games about drink and drugs?) I do think the Spectrum is one of the vilest machines ever made, but it had some good games. The NES and Master System were designed to one type of game well (scrolling tile-based games), and you couldn't buy 1.99 games for them eiither Pfft

I love Shenmue too - exp the first one. 'Did you see what happened the day of the incident?'. I wish Ryu would come back from limbo. I always wished you could go into the houses. Sometimes someone will answer and tell you to go away. I like it when you hassle the guy from the burger bar on his way home - he's normally really friendly and gives you advice- and he really mean and tells you to not bother him . B*stard! - and I thought he was my friend!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Welcome to the cult STE C! Grin We are always looking to recruit new members to the cult and extend our influence. I hope to see you in the forums regularly.

Glad to see SS4 is one of your favourites. It's definitely a great game and one of my favourite Neo Geo games too. Like you I'm also really excited about BlazBlue. Also I noticed you mentioned Knights of the Round in another forum thread. You certainly have good taste in games!

Neo Beast
STE C wrote:

Hi STE C

Welcome to the forum. I am new here myself Smile Its good to be on a forum where members are around my age group. I find myself getting bored with the today's games aswell.

RiKo
Hmmm I kind of agree about modern 3D games. Some of them do have great gameplay - but they all seem to be about the story, and its like they have to spread their gameplay over this huge narrative. An slightly older example I will give was Tomb Raider 2 - some of my friends got obssessed by that on Playstation and played it to completion. Me - I really enjoyed it for the first 2 levels, but I by the end of the 2nd level I was thinking - surely this should be coming to an end by now? I think there were 14 more levels to go!

I think a lot of us want maximum interaction and precision, something which most 3D games (on a 2D screen) outside fighters don't give you. You can play RE5 for 12 minutes before anything really happens, partly because the game has to to teach you the ropes. All new games have to have tutorial levels which annoys me too.

Its good that the Neo Geo is still making us happy! Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Zakatek
Welcome STE C. Another neo geo aes owner too bad i still don't have :( KOF 98 is my fav neo geo game and SS 4 is my fav SS game but i think Garou is the best FF game.

STE C
I DONT OWN AES DUDE i own a MVS and NGCD would love a AES but have mortgage so cant , i do love the AES boxes ect but for anybody starting in the NEO world i would say start with NGCD or PS2/Saturn/Dreamcast conversions if you love it then go AES/MVS depending on budget. By the way got details of a guy in London who does great consolised mvs/supergun mods, he done my mvs consolised great job under 100 quid if you buy your own board contact me if you want details he has my permission

Jump to Forum: