Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 1645
Thread Info
There are 4 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1755 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
GRAPHICS CUTS & NEO CD SUPPORT
STE C
IN TERMS OF THE GRAPHICS CUTS ON NEO CD I HAVE NOTICED THE OBVIOUS SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 4 WAVES NOT CRASHING ON BEECH ECT BUT I HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO MVS AND FIND IT HARD TO SEE WERE ALL,THESE RUMOURED GRAPHICS CUTS ARE IN OTHER LATER GAMES. I HAVE REAL BOUT SPECIAL & 2 ON NEO CD AND WOULDENT MIND THEM ON MVS BUT IS IT WORTH IT ( APART FROM LOADING TIMES) WILL I NOTICE MORE ANIMATION ECT . CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT GAMES ARE WORTH GETTING ON MVS WHICH ARE AVAILABLE ON CD WERE I WILL HAVE AN ENHANCED EXPERIENCE, I HAVE MOST TOP CD GAMES. IN TERMS OF THE NEO CD I THINK IT GETS TO MUCH UNFAIR PRESS IVE HAD MINE FOR 14 YEARS IT HAS NEVER CRASHED OR CAUSED PROBLEMS AND I THINK THE CD OPTION IS A GREAT WAY TO COLLECT A LOT OF PRE 1996 TITLES ON THE CHEAP AS THE LOADING TIMES AINT THAT BAD AND THE PICTURE QUALITY IS LOVELY. JUST GOT CONSOLISED MVS AND LOVING IT

priest
There is a simple answer to your question, STE C:

The games which are too expensive to get for the MVS / AES, these are the games that you buy for the NEO GEO CD. Smile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
RiKo
I never actually realised that CD titles did have cut-back graphics. I just thought they had to load more often - like inbetween levels or fights. I'm not sure but I think thats the only difference in most games - apart from the audio of course.

A lot of people here enjoy their Neo-CDs - I hear its a pretty good machine. I just think that nowdays you might as well go for the best - MVS or AES rather than bothering with the CD option. The whole point of the Neo Geo is to be exactly like the arcade and AES/MVS is the only place you will get this.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Welcome to the forms STE C. If you want you can introduce yourself in the 'Arrivals and Departures lounge' section of the forum.

I agree with you that the CD system is great and like you say load times are pretty short for a lot of games.

What Priest says makes sense. Since you now have a MVS system too you can just buy the games on CD which are cheaper on that format. I do think it's best to get any fighting games as cartridges because the load times can be a bit annoying for some of those games. To be honest I'm not 100% sure exactly which games feature animation cuts but I understand they are very few in number. The Last Blade games do and I would imagine that Art of Fighting 3 does too.

The vast majority of Neo Cd games are graphically IDENTICAL to the AES/MVS version so you are playing the 'real thing'. Also earlier games e.g. Ghost Pilots, Magician Lord, Crossed Swords, League Bowling etc. only have load times at the very start so essentially it is EXACTLY the same as if you were playing on AES/MVS. Quite a few other CD games have very insignificant loading times that you hardly notice.

The CD system is well worth owning because of the exclusive titles for it that never appeared in the AES/MVS format. Games like Ironclad, Zintrick and Crossed Swords 2 are top quality games which I wouldn't want to be without.
Edited by merlin on 08. April 2009 00:41

Jump to Forum: