Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 1636
Thread Info
There are 114 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
BlazBlue
Wild Tengu
Looks easy to me, it's just repeating the same 2 moves over and over again.

I plan on probably maining Tager, so I can GIGANTIC TAGER those goth loli/cyber loli and shota pricks out there.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
NeoGeoNinja
Wild Tengu wrote:
**** BlazBlue
Just Arc Systems being obnoxious with their ***** broken gameplay mechanics again.

TheBurningPunch wrote:
i agree... it's just another guilty gear with new fighters in it...

Wild Tengu wrote:
Won't stop me from buying this game still though.
Just gotta be smart not to get caught in something so stupid.

So far, I agree with these comments...

Arc always seem to struggle with balancing the gameplay in all their games. This is probably due to the outrageous nature of the mechanics present in Arcs games.

I've watched quite a lot of tourny vids on YTube and from what I've seen so far, I too feel that this will simply just be another GG with New Characters as well. I'm NOT saying that this is a bad thing, moreover, for GG & Arc fans alike THIS is a very good thing.

Like Tengu said, all/any issues aside I will be buying this game regardless and only then will I have the full picture. Overall though I'm just glad Sol isn't in this game! I think that's why I'm interested in it really. Sol was/is such an overpowered and ridiculous standard character IMO. Still, I manage to keep him at bay using Anji Mito ( my 'main' )

DOES ANYBODY KNOW...
if this game will be getting a UK release? I assumed it was, but after a quick look on the net I couldn't find any details of this?!

Ninja

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Wild Tengu wrote:
**** BlazBlue
Just Arc Systems being obnoxious with their ***** broken gameplay mechanics again.

TheBurningPunch wrote:
i agree... it's just another guilty gear with new fighters in it...

Wild Tengu wrote:
Won't stop me from buying this game still though.
Just gotta be smart not to get caught in something so stupid.

So far, I agree with these comments...

Ninja

Although I have never played anyone using Carl before let alone someone capable of doing that loop here's a comment from someone on that video that Tengu posted:

The victim can break out of the infinite by hitting B+C when those Exclamation marks flash over their head or by bursting.

A large chunk of Carl's high-level play is infinite combos like these. All of them require a position between Carl and the doll. All you scrubs think this is broken but the timing is really exact on it as well. No one complains about Ky, why are you complaining about this?

Freaking newbies.

I'm not sure Ninja why you're agreeing with Tengu that it's yet another example of Arc's broken mechanics. If it's possible to break out of the loop then I don't really see why this is a big problem.

As for this game being like Guilty Gear well haven't we known this from the very start? That was how it was intended to be and is what people want. It does not play exactly the same though and the characters are definitely not clones of Guilty Gear characters. Maybe I should start posting in the KOF XII thread that it's another KOF game but with new graphics. Wouldn't that just be stating the obvious?

As for a UK release well I can't find any info about this anywhere. Why don't you just import it Ninja?

I will be genuinely interested to read what the Ninja and Wild Tengu have to say about the game once they have actually played it.
Edited by merlin on 03. July 2009 16:37

Wild Tengu
You only get one "Barrier Burst" per round, which you can use to break out of things, like loops, however using it leaves you weakens your defenses since you can't use the barrier anymore.

So if you get hit by that loop again, you're screwed pretty much.

The eccentric cat
I'm probably one of the few people that wants Roman Cancels back. X3

I still wanna play this game, I'm thinking of using Jin, and Taokaka.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
I'm not sure Ninja why you're agreeing with Tengu that it's yet another example of Arc's broken mechanics. If it's possible to break out of the loop then I don't really see why this is a big problem.

I'm not really agreeing with Tengu as such Merlin, but it simply brought to the surface, for me at least, the fact that all of Arcs games tend to be over-juggle happy and as such most have an easy tendency for infinites/100%'s due to the keepy-uppy nature of the games. This is quite a widely known fact (especially in the case of HNK) and not me just being difficult Merlin. Indeed it seems even Basara & BFantasia also share the same characteristics. I simply would've expected a game so far into Arc's lifespan and catalogue of top-notch fighters to perhaps have not had these kinds of issues.

Personally, even if it doesn't involve infinites or 100%'s I still find Arcs system of being able to effortlessy and relentlessly keep your opponent aloft and indeed even still attack AND re-aloft grounded opponents a tad offensive and unnecessary at times. NO FIGHTING GAME (to my knowledge) is perfect, and I'm not saying it is. As you have very rightly said before it's all about preference... luckily for me though my preference tends to be ALL 2D fighters regardless... SNK, Capcom, Arc... the lot (but not SVG Wink )

merlin wrote:
As for this game being like Guilty Gear well haven't we known this from the very start? That was how it was intended to be and is what people want. It does not play exactly the same though and the characters are definitely not clones of Guilty Gear characters. Maybe I should start posting in the KOF XII thread that it's another KOF game but with new graphics. Wouldn't that just be stating the obvious?

LIKE I SAID ABOUT IT BEING LIKE GG... I said that this wasn't a bad thing didn't I? I think overall you may misunderstand my personal standing on the Arc/GG front. I own ALL the PS2 versions of the games (both JP&PAL where available) and thoroughly enjoy playing the games and I like at least half of GG's cast too. To use Tengu's phrase... 'obnoxious'... this is how I feel about Arcs fighting game's physics and laws if you will. No one enjoys sitting there like a lemon while some guy keeps you up in the air for 99sec while you pray for your BURST gauge to refill. No one likes getting dusted to the floor by Sol in GGX2 and then getting re-juggled by a VViper back into the air whilst you were still getting up from the sweep etc. At times, it can all come across as a bit un-sportsmanlike and dirty to me... and I prefer to play fair if possible. DON'T GET ME WRONG... I know this is what Arc are about, and I enjoy playing them, but due to the nature of these games I find it very difficult to take them seriously... which is hard for me considering Arcs amazing character designs, superb graphical style, perfect presentation skills, top soundtracks etc. It's really very difficult for me to accept that, as much as I appreciate these games for their angle on 2D fighting, that I will never truly 100% be 'into' them. It's not something I'm happy about or proud of :(

merlin wrote:
As for a UK release well I can't find any info about this anywhere. Why don't you just import it Ninja?

WELL... if it ain't hitting UK shores, I guess I'll just have to grab the US version. Just to double check, is this the version you have bought?! Personally I prefer to buy JP games, but with a brand-new fighter i unknown territory I will definitely be best off with the US one... PLUS I can always trade it in for the PAL version should it ever be released.

merlin wrote:
I will be genuinely interested to read what the Ninja and Wild Tengu have to say about the game once they have actually played it.

Heh... I for one will be VERY interested to read what Tengu says as I always am! As for me, I'm starting to get the feeling that you see me, if you will, with a closed mind. This really and quite seriously isn't the case. If it was, then I wouldn't be looking forward to getting the game and playing it! I'd be at the sidelines saying it's sh*t, not to bother with it and to play a 'real' game like SF4 or SC4 instead. I mean after all, between the 2 of us here, I'm the one who's looking forward to and buying BB, KOFXII AND TVC and indeed buying a Wii just to play TVC! My minds wide open, and my arms are reaching out to embrace BBlue goodness and the ultimate enjoyment it will (hopefully) bring. However, at the same time, I know what ArcSys are like and as such, I'm fully prepared to acknowledge what BBlue will most likely have in-store for me! I'm wide open to that too. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Ninja

Wild Tengu
The eccentric cat wrote:
I'm probably one of the few people that wants Roman Cancels back. X3

The game does have Roman Cancels, but they are called Rapid Cancels I think.

sukotsuto
Haha I'm using Bang a lot. They say he's a difficult character, and I agree to that. Seeing as I played as Anji from Guilty Gear a lot, I figured out a lot of his moves quick enough to do decently without training mode against my bro (who trained with Rachel, Taokaka and Carl in training mode). Once he lands four autoguard moves... awesomeness ensues Grin

I bought this for the PS3 btw, since the Xbox 360 version is out of stock at the local game shop. Oh and feel free to add me (PSN: sukotsuto) or my bro (PSN: MGO_Count) so that we can have a bit of online VS fun Wink Well, at least for the people who already got the game.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
merlin
Hey Ninja! Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response. I feel a bit bad now that I caused you write an essay! Hope I didn't come across as argumentative. Perhaps I misunderstood you a bit too. Flowers

I was really mainly thinking about that Carl Clover 'infinite'. When you said you agreed with the comments I thought you were saying you agreed with Tengu saying that 'Just Arc Systems being obnoxious with their shitty broken gameplay mechanics again.' Although I'm only a beginner and haven't played as Carl or played anyone using Carl from what I've read at Dustloop and other places I still think this thing has been blown out of proportion and am sceptical that it's a major problem in the game. People who have played the game a lot are saying it seems well balanced.

Regarding the comparison with Guilty Gear yes I have to admit you did say that it wasn't a bad thing that it was similar in your earlier post. I think it's a major plus to have completely new characters which makes the game feel fresh and exciting. Also the game does not play exactly the same.

Like I said I'll be interested to hear what you and Tengu think of the game when you've had a chance to play it.

Regarding a UK version well it seems that there is no planned release here at all but I still think it might appear eventually. I bought a Japanese copy from VGI. It was quite expensive and I didn't get the bonus items like Midian. It might be cheaper getting a US copy. I think the limited edition is sold out though.

http://www.gamest...t_id=75213

It's good to hear there are a few of us here at NGFL that are keen to play the game on PSN. I think Tengu should get a PS3 too. Like I said before I won't be playing online just yet though.
Edited by merlin on 04. July 2009 19:33

Midian
sukotsuto wrote:
Haha I'm using Bang a lot. They say he's a difficult character, and I agree to that. Seeing as I played as Anji from Guilty Gear a lot, I figured out a lot of his moves quick enough to do decently without training mode against my bro (who trained with Rachel, Taokaka and Carl in training mode). Once he lands four autoguard moves... awesomeness ensues Grin

I bought this for the PS3 btw, since the Xbox 360 version is out of stock at the local game shop. Oh and feel free to add me (PSN: sukotsuto) or my bro (PSN: MGO_Count) so that we can have a bit of online VS fun Wink Well, at least for the people who already got the game.

Definitely adding you to PSN! Hope to play some online matches sunday with Merlin too, hopefully meet some of you guys in the chat meet.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

sukotsuto
LOL Someone streamed BlazBlue PS3 online matches live (in justin.tv) and me and my bro were there, with a lot of people watching. Finishing someone using Tager's 720 degree motion throws are extremely satisfying to watch.

At first my brother was playing around 10 or so matches (He switches between Tager, Rachel and Carl) against two people, doing well enough. The host uses Ragna and the other guy uses Jin.

Then my bro asked me to take over for a few matches so that he can chat there in the vid stream. I used my Bang and... I've beaten those two EVERY TIME, with only two round losses (but I won the match for those). They're not used to someone playing Bang Shishigami like this

We've had 5 matches (alternating between the host's ragna and the other guy's jin), and I nearly got beaten in the last match, with literally only a sliver of life away (while the Ragna has 20% health left), when I used Bang's drive autoguard to teleport from behind twice to combo him from behind. That was his last stream of the day. I got the replay file for it too!

And Carl's infinite is nasty, but hard to setup. Carl is still the least used character online, as I can tell from the character rankings. Ragna, Jin and Noel are still the most used, and I doubt that can be changed. Nu-13 users are mostly spammers, so once you're used to them, they all do the same darn thing. Surprisingly, people rarely use Arakune despite him having really nasty corner traps and a well-played Arakune is hard to catch.

merlin
That's pretty cool that someone is streaming live BlazBlue matches and especially that you and your brother were featured on it Sukotsuko. Here's a link if anyone is interested to the channel on Justin TV. http://www.justin...capingjail

I'm not surprised that Ragna, Jin and Noel are the most popular online so far. Personally I think Ragna and Jin especially are two of the easiest characters to use effectively if you're new to the game. Also I'm not surprised to see Carl used so little. Regarding Arakune well my impression is that he's maybe not the easiest of characters to learn. There's a thread at Dustloop where they post stats from Xbox Live and PSN showing which characters people are mainly using. They are going to update it every week. I would have expected Rachel to have been more popular.

http://www.dustlo...php?t=6186

I'd like to add you on PSN Sukotsuko and then when I start playing the game online I can see your Bang in action. Sounds like you might be tough to beat.

I finally decided that Noel and Rachel will be the two characters that I'll stick too.
Edited by merlin on 07. July 2009 10:55

Zakatek
I ordered Asian version from play-asia. They say Blazblue has English text so it isn't problem to get Asian version. Also it is cheaper.

You can add me your frien d list if you want to play online "Zakatek" . But i will get game in 5-10 days.:(
Edited by Zakatek on 07. July 2009 15:39

Midian
Maining Ragna and I'm gonna learn Noel soon. I beat the arcade with her, but I can't pull off her Astral Heat, any tips on this?

Hope to play some of you guys soon, loving the game. Gonna try to finish the story mode as soon as possible too.

Wild Tengu
Sup guys.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/RagnaBadguy.png

Too bad BB doesn't have a color edit mode.

sukotsuto
Yes I really want a color edit more! They released a DLC on extra colors for the characters in the 360 version (and in the PS3 version soon) from what I've heard.

NeoGeoNinja
Still hoping to get this game ASAP! None of the usual UK importers seem to have it (VGI or Genki) so I've had a look on eBay and sure enough... it's there... but at a price!

PPL are selling the US L.E./S.E. version on there for around 70! Bit much, even for me! Like Zakatek, will probably end up importing the ominously titled 'Asian' version (Korean I believe) as it has both languages and is considerably cheaper at half the price!! Still, might just hold out for the stand-alone US release... decisions decisions!

IF ONLY SONY... weren't being such cocks about their importing regulations... make the consoles Region FREE and then penalise companies (*cough* LikSang!) for selling multi-regional titles to the world??! Nice. OTHERWISE... play-asia would've had my order way back when!

Ninja

Raiken
Liking this game a lot though I don't have a ps3 stick to properly play it with and my usb converter lags too much. Noel's good combos are damn hard.

Anybody know if sprite rips are widely available yet?
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Midian
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Still hoping to get this game ASAP! None of the usual UK importers seem to have it (VGI or Genki) so I've had a look on eBay and sure enough... it's there... but at a price!

PPL are selling the US L.E./S.E. version on there for around 70! Bit much, even for me! Like Zakatek, will probably end up importing the ominously titled 'Asian' version (Korean I believe) as it has both languages and is considerably cheaper at half the price!! Still, might just hold out for the stand-alone US release... decisions decisions!

IF ONLY SONY... weren't being such cocks about their importing regulations... make the consoles Region FREE and then penalise companies (*cough* LikSang!) for selling multi-regional titles to the world??! Nice. OTHERWISE... play-asia would've had my order way back when!

Ninja

Play Asia sells the Asian version, and probably the regular American version too, but they wouldn't ship the special edition outside of the American Union so I had to order it from Gamestop. It was really worth it since the bonus disc is really cool, though all videos can be viewed on Youtube by now.

Raiken wrote:
Liking this game a lot though I don't have a ps3 stick to properly play it with and my usb converter lags too much. Noel's good combos are damn hard.

Anybody know if sprite rips are widely available yet?

What converter do you have? I ordered one cause I find a new PS3 controller too expensive now, but if it also has slowdown I will have to use my fighter stick too to play with my friend. I think the PS3 pad plays the game really well though!

One day I'll man up and play only with fighter sticks. Grin
Edited by Midian on 08. July 2009 10:26

merlin
Midian wrote:
I beat the arcade with her, but I can't pull off her Astral Heat, any tips on this?

I have the same problem. Inputting the command exactly how it's written I've never even pulled it off once. Later on I did a search online and found other people are having problems with it too.

This is a post by someone at ShoRyuKen:

It says "Charge down, up + C repeatedly". What it really means is this:

Charge down, tap C three times, then Up+C simultaneously. All four C's should be done within half a second (30f).

If this seems like it makes it impossible to connect with, just do D -> fwd+C (gun spin) and while that's going on, start the Astral. It will combo cleanly.

I'll give that a try later on. It does seem a little bit of a strange way of performing a move.

I'm finding Hakumen sometimes can be quite tricky to fight against in arcade mode. Although fairly slow he can inflict a LOT of damage on you in a short space of time. I hope I don't meet a lot of Hakumens online. Shock

I'm using the PS3 joypad to play the game which feels pretty good but I'd prefer to use a stick. I've ordered a usb convertor so I can use my hrap. I just hope there's no input lag.

By the way my PSN ID is Merlin196 so everyone please add me if you are up for some matches.
Edited by merlin on 08. July 2009 11:26

Jump to Forum: