Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 1636
Thread Info
There are 114 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 64597 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
BlazBlue
Midian
Thanks for that one Merl, gonna try it out soon. Hakumen isn't used a lot, but when they are, they're cheap as hell!
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

goemon4
This game is really fun, I'm super bummed that this one arcade about 30 min away closed down since they had a nice BlazBlue cab. I guess it's time for me to get a ps3 for it!
i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/goemon4/Khushnood_Butt_MOTW.jpg

sukotsuto
lol here's one of Bang Shishigami's selectable color:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Paranoia190/BlazBlue/BNG006.png

Don't you guys find that somewhat familiar? Grin

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Zakatek
Strider Hiryu Secret

Wild Tengu
Galford obviously.

You guys will never guess who this is supposed to be. :3

img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/believeitbang.png

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
Atomduck
Wild Tengu wrote:
Galford obviously.

You guys will never guess who this is supposed to be. :3

img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Hokageizlude/believeitbang.png

Its Goku! since when was this a cross-over fighter?? Pfft

Wild Tengu
It's supposed to be Naruto (Shippuden-style).

Atomduck
Wild Tengu wrote:
It's supposed to be Naruto (Shippuden-style).

Darn... do I still get a prize?

NeoGeoNinja
sukotsuto wrote:
lol here's one of Bang Shishigami's selectable color:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Paranoia190/BlazBlue/BNG006.png

Don't you guys find that somewhat familiar? Grin

Zakatek said STRIDER... Tengu said GALFORD... but it literally is BOTH characters! Not forgetting of course an honourable mention of BANG 'borrowing' Raidens feet from MGS4 LOL

Ninja

TheBurningPunch
merlin wrote:
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Wild Tengu wrote:
**** BlazBlue
Just Arc Systems being obnoxious with their ***** broken gameplay mechanics again.

TheBurningPunch wrote:
i agree... it's just another guilty gear with new fighters in it...

Wild Tengu wrote:
Won't stop me from buying this game still though.
Just gotta be smart not to get caught in something so stupid.

So far, I agree with these comments...

Ninja

Although I have never played anyone using Carl before let alone someone capable of doing that loop here's a comment from someone on that video that Tengu posted:

The victim can break out of the infinite by hitting B+C when those Exclamation marks flash over their head or by bursting.

A large chunk of Carl's high-level play is infinite combos like these. All of them require a position between Carl and the doll. All you scrubs think this is broken but the timing is really exact on it as well. No one complains about Ky, why are you complaining about this?

Freaking newbies.

I'm not sure Ninja why you're agreeing with Tengu that it's yet another example of Arc's broken mechanics. If it's possible to break out of the loop then I don't really see why this is a big problem.

As for this game being like Guilty Gear well haven't we known this from the very start? That was how it was intended to be and is what people want. It does not play exactly the same though and the characters are definitely not clones of Guilty Gear characters. Maybe I should start posting in the KOF XII thread that it's another KOF game but with new graphics. Wouldn't that just be stating the obvious?

As for a UK release well I can't find any info about this anywhere. Why don't you just import it Ninja?

I will be genuinely interested to read what the Ninja and Wild Tengu have to say about the game once they have actually played it.
well i'm still getting it as well just to see if it can prove me wrong but i was into and loved guilty gear played the dreamcast,ps2,psp versions and all but i will get this game for ps3 just to play u merlin and whoever has ps3's on this forum my PSN tag is TheBP but i have 360 as well so check my profile for the Tag there but i'm a variety gamer and i'll stand on that so i'm giving it a shot but i'm buying kof12 first

merlin
I'm glad to hear you'll be getting the game BP. We should definitely play it online in the future. It's great that there are so many of us here at NGFL interested in playing the game on PSN.

I'm still practicing with Noel but her combos are really difficult for me to learn. Also I've been using Taokaka recently too. She really is a lot of fun to use and I can see why people like her so much.

Daaren
Noel will probably be my main character, she looks fun to play

This game and Tekken6 will probably make me get a PS3, i really can't wait to try them
When i was in Japan last summer, i couldn't find any location tests of BlazBlue sadly...
miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/Daaren.png

reelmojo
Okay, so my PC died on me a few weeks ago but I'm back now. So far I am loving BlazBlue. Jin is definitely my favorite character right now, but I plan on moving on to Taokaka and Arakune soon.

And I find it hilarious that people feel the need to point out that BB is similar to Guilty Gear. That's like saying Dino Crisis was just Resident Evil with dinosaurs... we know. We've always known. With that said I'm liking BB much more than I've ever liked GG.

boogiepop
I see this game is getting a fair bit of attention from the ngfl community. I didn't realize that there were now so many ps3 owners, which makes me kind of sad. I was hoping to see more 360 owners so I could enjoy playing you guys online when I go back home (in less than one month). Oh well... so who's got this for the 360? Also, if they had simply released the newest GG with good net code, would you guys be playing that right now instead? Just curious.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Wild Tengu
Don't worry boogie, I'll be getting a Xbox360 soon.

boogiepop
Cool, that's one. Smile

Zakatek
I got BlazBlue yesterday and i really like it. It plays like GG but i think it is even better. It is a bit slower than GG and it makes gameplay more fun i don't know all the mechanics it has yet but so far it is beter than i expected. Also online play is very good i played once and won Grin. I hope KOF XII will have online play like BB.

boogiepop
Zakatek wrote:
I got BlazBlue yesterday and i really like it. It plays like GG but i think it is even better. It is a bit slower than GG and it makes gameplay more fun i don't know all the mechanics it has yet but so far it is beter than i expected. Also online play is very good i played once and won Grin. I hope KOF XII will have online play like BB.

For PS3 or 360?

Zakatek
For ps3.

STE C
My Blazblue came today only had a brief game as ive been working late but i am blown away by the graphics the youtube vids ect dont do it justice it is amazing to look at. Im still getting to grips with the gameplay and yes it feels very Guilty Gear which is a good thing il let you guys know in a week or so what i think but so far so good

Jump to Forum: