Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Genjuro
Thread ID: 1629
Thread Info
There are 13 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3373 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Greetings
Genjuro
Hi there. new member here and i love games. just somewhat recently started having the extra cash to get into the Neo Geo home console scene. i only have CD system right now but i have some good games for it! Metal Slug and Pulstar (love this game a lot) to name my most expensive ones Cool. i currently own one AES cart and i'm looking for USA system to compliment my collection.

my second favorite system to play is Sega Saturn. i also have Dreamcast and Gamecube but fewer games for GC. actually only one GC game, phantasy star online.

anyways, it's nice to be here and Neo Geo is awesome. i've been getting my friends into the games as well! they are into this current generation of games and systems, but i bring them back to their roots as often as i can.

reelmojo
Welcome to the site. Pulstar and Metal Slug are two great choices for sure. I'm curious what the AES cart you own is.

It's getting easier and easier to access these older NeoGeo games recently so it's a good time to get your friends playing them. King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, and Samurai Showdown have all had collections released over the last year for PS2/PSP making them readily available to people who don't want to spend the money for a NeoGeo system (like myself... I mean I'd love to but it's too expensive for me right now).

I see you are also a Sega fan too. You'll find a lot of people here who also love their Saturn and Dreamcast, myself included.

Shiny
Welcome aboard Genjuro! Always good to see another NGCD fan among us.

I'm also curious... What is the AES cart you have? And I'd get a Japanese console over a US one if I were you, but hey, that's me.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

RiKo
Welcome Genjuro Smile You do have some great games on Neo CD - Pulstar and Metal Slug are 2 of the best!

I hope you enjoy your time here Smile

By the way you need to get Resident Evil 4 for your GameCube. That's pretty much the only game I play on my GC - it may be the best game on the system!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Welcome to the forums Genjuro! Smile The CD system is a great console to own and you've got some nice games already. Good to see you are a Saturn fan too. It's a great system and one of my favourite consoles too.

Have you considered buying a Japanese AES system so that the games will be uncensored like for example there will be blood in the Samurai Shodown games?

priest
Hi and welcome to NGFL GenjuroSmile

Its good to hear that you "pester" your friends with your "old-school-gameing" . Eventually they will see the truth in playing these games...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Kazuya_UK
Welcome Genjuro! Thumbs Up

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Genjuro
thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

the AES game i own is the first game i wanted to get for the home cart system... i played it on emulation, loved it and knew i had to get the whole package. really my favorite Neo Geo game. Sengoku 3!Grin i just enjoy it so much. i've always enjoyed side scrollers of the same breed like Streets of Rage, Final Fight, X-men, Battletoads, TMNT, etc, but Sengoku 3 has to be my favorite because of the beautiful animation and smooth combo system. i love the snaplock case in comes in too. such awesome quality!

as for which home cart system to get, JPN or US, i opt for US mostly because i like to play my games in English. the small censorships here and there dont really bother me. basically i plan on getting the games that werent released on the Neo CD console. Sengoku 3 being the most important for me, but also Samurai Shodown 5, maybe one of the later Metal Slugs, etc. i'll also get some of the cheaper carts like Magician Lord just because i'd like to have them and eventually move up to getting some of my other favorites like Last Blade, Pulstar or Blazing Star.

i dont like my stuff modified either, i like having the original stuff as much as i can. in fact, i had been looking for a US Neo Top Loader for a while before i just gave up and got a JPN one (US top loaders must be close to extinction or the people who have them arent parting with it). i actually wouldnt mind to get my top loader modified with a region switch though. as for the home cart system, they seem to be more common and i think i'll have an easier time finding what i'm looking for.

just a little bit more about me... i used to own a lot more than i do now in regards to systems. used to have a NES, SNES, Genesis, PS, N64, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance... but over the years, i've sold things, bought them back, sold them again LOL

my current collection suits me just fine though and they aren't going anywhere. basically i buy lots of stuff and then end up trimming it down to the things i like most. Sengoku 3 you'll have to pry from my cold dead hands. and yes, i'm a big Sega fan! just ordered a couple of imports from Play Asia for my DC.

RiKo wrote:By the way you need to get Resident Evil 4 for your GameCube. That's pretty much the only game I play on my GC - it may be the best game on the system!

good call on RE4! thank you for reminding me.
Edited by Genjuro on 02. April 2009 23:47

Neo Beast
Hi Again Genjuro

Yeah!! the Sega Dreamcast is still as ever awesome. I Still play my now and then when i get bored of my other consoles. Play-asia is a good place to get some Snk preowned games of i think they should have a few Snk games instock for the DC, I used to get from them all the time over the years.

Have fun collecting Dc Games Smile

NeoGeoNinja
Genjuro wrote:
Hi there. new member here and i love games. just somewhat recently started having the extra cash to get into the Neo Geo home console scene. i only have CD system right now but i have some good games for it! Metal Slug and Pulstar (love this game a lot) to name my most expensive ones Cool. i currently own one AES cart and i'm looking for USA system to compliment my collection.

my second favorite system to play is Sega Saturn. i also have Dreamcast and Gamecube but fewer games for GC. actually only one GC game, phantasy star online.

anyways, it's nice to be here and Neo Geo is awesome. i've been getting my friends into the games as well! they are into this current generation of games and systems, but i bring them back to their roots as often as i can.

Welcome Genjuro!

WELL... as soon as someone mentions Saturn, GC & DC in the same paragraph... I just know your gonna fit RIGHT IN!

I'm also Saturn & DC freak... not sure which I prefer if I were honest (I'm kinda talkin' strictly JP game titles/consoles really with the odd PAL Shenmue1&2 thrown in for good measure Wink ) I guess they really compliment each other rather well?!

I'm not far off completing my personal collection goals for BOTH my JP DC & SAT now - pretty much just Gunspike & Bangaioh to get for the DC - as I have the UK PAL versions BUT want the JP ones too AND a few more for that I 'need' for the SAT too (less than 10 I think?)

The games I'm after are pretty much strictly just 'shmups' & 1on1 fighters though.

AS RiKo MENTIONED... absolutely! Its all about RE4 on the GCube, along with Shenmue 1 on DC... probably the best games I've ever played! I own around 1000 games across many platforms, so this is quite a statement I think, especially as I'm currently on with RE5 at present and I don't quite feel the same way about it as I STILL do RE4.

OTHER STUFF... for the GC I would recommend: REZero & RE1, MGS1-TwinSnakes, Killer7, Ikaruga & SkiesofArcadiaLegends (if you don't already have them both for DC?) ALSO... 1080Avalanche is my favourite Cube-only release - and I don't even like snowboarding/skateboarding games! Just such a great, great game. I'd recommend BloodyRoarPrimal for GC too... the best version of BR you can get IMO (better than 3&4 on PS2)... works well with the GC pad too! Obviously I don't have to discuss Twilight Princess do I Grin

ANYWAY, I've gone on enough. Hope you have fun here on NGFL, it's a very enjoyable, laid back place to be.

No doubt I'll see you around...

Ninja

Genjuro
thanks for all those game recommendations! it's tough collecting for so many systems at once, but very fun of course. Thumbs Up

Throwen
Genjuro wrote:
thanks for all those game recommendations! it's tough collecting for so many systems at once, but very fun of course. Thumbs Up

Not to mention the Money u hav to spend on the games! It's really only recommendations for your own good, we don't want to make you a poor boy by making you buy all those Games that were mentioned Wink
Welcome to the Forums Thumbs Up
hosting06.imagecross.com/image-hosting-11/7338AvatarBasara.jpeg

STE C
I agree 100% Saturn & DC are great consoles Shenmue 2 is a religous experience for me the whole size and depth puts many PS3 & 360 game to shame. I know this is sad but I have the beginning of all 4 disks saved on my vmu so i can go back and explore all the different citys, 4 different saves points im a sad man but just love the way every place looks different
Edited by STE C on 08. April 2009 16:25

Jump to Forum: