Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 1623
Thread Info
There are 106 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Samurai Showdown Sen
Yao
Neo Beast wrote:

I agree on that. i would love to play a ss vs Lb. i suppose i can only dream about that ever happening. but i give EoD a hit if it comes out on the ps3

sorry, but I wish this will never happen. I hope SNKP will never touch The Last Blade series. They would only do harm to two perfect games.
Besides that SS vs LB would mean a combining of two timelines, which I personally hate..

THX-1138
If Edge Of Destiny comes to PS3 i may pick it up, but it doesn't look overly impressive.
castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/links/logos/m-dracxj.gif

reelmojo
From what I've read the PS3 version was apparently canceled. That seems odd considering SNK themselves have ported to the system from Taito Type X2 once before.

Mr Vengeance
The closest I think we'll ever see to SS Vs LB is in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

reelmojo
According to Kotaku the game comes out in Japan December 10th. That's confusing since Gamestop has it listed for a US release on November 10th. I'm also not sure why it's only priced at $40 but I'm not complaining one bit! I just put in my pre-order so let's hope that release date doesn't get pushed back.

Basashi King
bad news gents - i played this one in the arcades in tokyo quite a while ago, and its a stinker. its rare as rocking horse shit nowadays, and a good thing too. i posted about it in another thread i think (maybe the new KOF one).

honestly, it broke my heart, as i am a huge samurai shodown fan.

NeoGeoNinja
Basashi King wrote:
bad news gents - i played this one in the arcades in tokyo quite a while ago, and its a stinker. its rare as rocking horse shit nowadays, and a good thing too. i posted about it in another thread i think (maybe the new KOF one).

honestly, it broke my heart, as i am a huge samurai shodown fan.

ADMITTEDLY...
360 only? This is one I won't be losing sleep over!

AND AFTER... the Warriors Rage series, youd've thought they'd have learnt!

STILL... as I'm sure some where will agree, regardless of what anyone says... it will have to be played! You can only learn from your own mistakes.

Ninja

bojan4o
well when a baby is born nobody expect to see that baby sing talk walk right from his coming to this world cuz he cant wel the same thing is for snk too cuz they just began to develop their 3d animation for 3d games they will learn from own mistakes and for a year or two or 3 we will see a great 3d game from snkp (well i hope so) and i also hope that they will not abonden their 2d games cuz they are the best for making them....
well thats just my opinion and bye for now see ya at another post......
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Basashi King
this baby is damien 666! but i dont wanna talk about it any more, it makes me realsad Real Sad

love to hear other peoples views when it finally comes out though.

Yao
who needs 3D Fighting games anyway? I don't. Never did, never will.

reelmojo
All of this negative hype for the game is coming from people who usually add something like "and I'm a huge Samurai Shodown fan!" See, I'm not a Samurai Shodown fan at all so a big change in direction is exactly what I was waiting for with the series. Whether or not it worked I won't know until November 10th, but I like what I've seen so far in videos online.

Mr Vengeance
Yao wrote:
who needs 3D Fighting games anyway? I don't. Never did, never will.

I've always put both 2D and 3D fighters into different genres. They play much differently I think.

I love both genres anyway. Whilst I prefer 2D mostly, I'm a massive fan of the early Soul Caliburs and the Virtua Fighter series, plus I have the odd hankering for a few bouts of Dead or Alive whatever from time to time.

And no, its got nothing to do with Kasumi *cough* seriously :$

reelmojo
New Japanese trailer for the console version

Holy crap that guy has a shotgun! Dibs!

The game has been delayed. Gamestop doesn't have it listed anymore... hope that doesn't effect my preorder. It's probably not coming out in the US until next year though.

Wild Tengu
Good riddance. This game is a disgrace and should of been on the PS2 instead of a next-gen console.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
NeoGeoNinja
Wild Tengu wrote:
Good riddance. This game is a disgrace and should of been on the PS2 instead of a next-gen console.

FUCK THAT!
GashBox360 can keep it Finger

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Basashi King
have you actually played it tengu? i wonder if theres anyone who has who thinks its worthy of more than being used as a poop scoop?

if such a person exists, please step forward and make a case!

reelmojo
Alright already damn! I'll stop posting updates about this game now.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Alright already damn! I'll stop posting updates about this game now.

HAH!...
I can see you r clenched fist slamming down onto the keyboard with the mouse jumping off the side of the table!

RIGHT NOW...
I am going to go and start a thread, a poll if you will for PPL for and against this game, just so we can judge the numbers. The numbers will speak the truth!!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Basashi King
hey mojo, please DONT STOP with your updates! updates are always good - especially as theres not been too much posted on this game other than anticipation / this is pap (guilty on that one - sorry)!

ill take my trash talking to ninjas thread cos hopefully people who have actually played this game can come out of the woodwork and talk there one way or the other!

ive checked the videos youve linked to with interest.

reelmojo
I nominate the following information for Worst Update Ever.

I got a call today from Gamestop saying that Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny has been canceled.

Of course, this information would only hold true for the US version. I have no clue about Europe, and it's already out in Japan. Perhaps they anticipated low sales so they don't want to go through the process of manufacturing all of those discs... which of course means it could eventually see a downloadable release. That would probably make it a PSN exclusive though, since 360 doesn't do download-only games other than XBLA (and it's much too big to be an XBLA game).

To add insult to injury, the Japanese version is region locked, so no importing for me. :(

Cue the "Good, it was going to suck anyway!" posts in 5, 4, 3...

Jump to Forum: