Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 1623
Thread Info
There are 106 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Samurai Showdown Sen
Wild Tengu
Good riddance.

Game is a disgrace to the SS series.

If I wanted to play Soul Calibur, I'd go play Soul Calibur, which looks x100 times better better than Edge Of Destiny. Pfft

Let's compare.

www.gameblog.fr/images/jeux/4377/SamuraiShodownEdgeDestiny_XBLA_Div001.jpg

i37.tinypic.com/2hpuedw.jpg

Yeah. SC looks way better.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
cthulhu
Wild Tengu wrote:
Good riddance.

Game is a disgrace to the SS series.

If I wanted to play Soul Calibur, I'd go play Soul Calibur, which looks x100 times better better than Edge Of Destiny. Pfft

Let's compare.

www.gameblog.fr/images/jeux/4377/SamuraiShodownEdgeDestiny_XBLA_Div001.jpg

i37.tinypic.com/2hpuedw.jpg

Yeah. SC looks way better.

I agree, but that last picture is just pathetic...really sad and pathetic.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Black Shroud
Good, it was going to suck anyway...

I bet Ignition just didnt wanted to take the risk, considering game's low ratings and negative reaction of fans. Its not like this was a good SS game that complemented franchise to begin with, so we are not missing out.

(back to waiting for more MAME and Dolphin updates)

i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
Wild Tengu
cthulhu wrote:but that last picture is just pathetic...really sad and pathetic.

What are you? Gay? Grin

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Cue the "Good, it was going to suck anyway!" posts in 5, 4, 3...

ON A SERIOUS NOTE...
I think the very nature of your last post speaks for itself though, without any of our input here. Like you've already touched on, it most probably wasn't worth their time or efforts.

I had nothing against it being released really, but it being canceled from having a Western release says it all really. Seems Ignition are being rather cautious nowadays. I had the same thing happen to me also, late 2009, when Ignition made a conscious decision not to release KOF 98UM & SSAnthology here in the UK. I actually rang up, and they were kind enough to give me an explanation. It was, as predicted, down to slow, near non-existent sales performances in relation to their previous SNKP releases.

My angle on SS:EOD was purely a personal one. I didn't ever want to play it. Period. That doesn't mean that other PPL didn't.

Hope you had a good Xmas otherwise?

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 29. December 2009 12:30
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
Wild Tengu wrote:
cthulhu wrote:but that last picture is just pathetic...really sad and pathetic.

What are you? Gay? Grin

Nope, I prefer REAL women that you CAN touch. I'm just not a pathetic teenage boy locked in his bedroom getting horny from looking at CG women and girls.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Wild Tengu
C'mon man... you gotta admit Ivy is a hot piece of ass and if she was real, you'd tear her a new one.

The eccentric cat
Am I the only one who wanted to play the game, and sad about it being cancelled? ;_;

(or at least haven't played the game otherwise lul)
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
The eccentric cat wrote:
Am I the only one who wanted to play the game, and sad about it being cancelled? ;_;

(or at least haven't played the game otherwise lul)
Other than me... maybe.

cthulhu wrote:I'm just not a pathetic teenage boy locked in his bedroom getting horny from looking at CG women and girls.
Me neither... well... not anymore. Smile

For me it totally sucks that it got canceled, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. Still, I'd be very surprised if it was never released as a download only game. Even though $20 is the maximum price for XBLA games it's still likely. So maybe the cancellation isn't such bad news afterall.

Black Shroud
After KOFXII bombed, releasing SS:EoD would be a deathblow for Ignition Entertainment. So they narrowly avoided being sliced in half by canceling the release Grin

spirits.kaillera.ru
reelmojo
A company called Rising Star picked it up for a European release. It's been retitled Samurai Showdown Sen. Still no word on a US release though, but maybe the EU release will be region free.

Release date as of now is simply "Spring."

Black Shroud
They should add actual special moves in that game or it will bomb again. Its kinda ironic how SSAZ becomes playable at same time as Sen is released, so people can experience the best and the worst 3D iteration in same time frame
Edited by Black Shroud on 24. January 2010 10:40

spirits.kaillera.ru
NeoStrayCat
Although kind of a vauge update, SS:Sen (or EoD) will be now published by Xseed Games in the States, no word on release though.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
reelmojo
Seems like an odd choice for them since they mostly publish RPGs like Wild Arms and the newest Lunar remake, but I'm happy to hear the game is still going to get released! Hopefully Gamestop won't have to call me to cancel this preorder too!

Black Shroud
Forget it, since Taito X2 was hacked (and their games were PC games + encryption, to begin with), all the games including EoD will be playable on PCs like in a month, in same way as everyone plays arcade BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on their PC's now.

spirits.kaillera.ru
reelmojo
Everyone does? I wasn't aware I had been playing Continuum Shift already!

The DS has had great emulators for years and it's still extremely successful. The same could be said about the GBA before it. And the N64 was emulated pretty early on too. Then there's the fact that old games that are very easy to emulate are still re-released to great profit. And of course, TypeX2 games aren't going to run smoothly on older machines. So yeah, maybe people with high end computers and asshole mentalities won't buy TypeX2 ports anymore but I highly doubt that will prevent the release of Continuum Shift or SS:EoD.

I do expect Taito to come up with TypeX3 soon though.

NeoStrayCat
And yet another vauge update, Samurai Shodown: Sen (as it will be called) will have an expected release in the States in the Spring of 2010. No actual date though, and hope that this game doesn't get delayed again. (But it may happen.)
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 13. February 2010 18:42

Fish_Monger
This game supposedly sucks bawls. However, I'll probably buy it when it comes out anyway...

Really wish they'd give Shodown and Art of Fighting a reboot like they did with KOF XII.....I'd just hope they turn out better than KOF XII did.
i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/asherlin/neogeoland.gif

RiKo
Am i the only one who always knew this would suck!? Shock
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoStrayCat
Well, probably for you Riko, but i'll just try it out anyway for Nostalgia and/or the Gore. Grin

Jump to Forum: