Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 1588
Thread Info
There are 92 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 23441 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Blues Journey / Raguy: NGFL High Score Challenge
DarakuTenshi
merlin wrote:

Daraku reviving this challenge inspired me to give it another go too. I made some bad
mistakes and the score isn't that high but I'm happy to have at last beaten the game on one credit. I definitely learned some things from watching Daraku's video.

I agree with you Daraku that once you learn the game the lottery results aren't quite as
important. However I still think it's a bit of a flaw in the game that the number of hearts you have is completely down to luck.

Yes and no. Once you get the timing down and positioning down the lottery is no longer a lottery. It's always the same algorithm, so you can usually get 1-2 extra hearts each game after you figure it out.

Glad the video could help.

merlin
Thanks Kaz and Priest. Smile

Nice score Henke!

Daraku I normally tend to go for the same choice each time in the lottery and usually get at least 1 heart per game. Interesting. I didn't realize there was some kind of pattern, it always seemed completely random.

By the way did you ever figure out what that infinite scoring pattern is?

I think it's a bit much that you rescue these people from captivity and as a reward they allow you to buy a ticket for a lottery in which you might win nothing. Ungrateful wretches! They should be giving me free stuff for rescuing them from the Daruma tribe. Grin

DarakuTenshi
No all of my ideas didn't even come close to doing anything. I don't know if there even is a real loop... besides cheating the system does not count towards world records (but still would be nice for this site)

Gemant
imageshack.us/m/860/982/bjou0009.png

Raguy (japanese version of Blue's Journey).

473.130 all clear.

Comment: 2 Hearts only, Remaining lives 9+1. This time no video because this score is poor (I played 1 week only in 2011 and no time to made a better score). I'll made a video when I'll return on this game with a score at least of 550.000 pts.

DarakuTenshi
Wow! I'd like to see that video even sooner. Do you know of the loop that we were talking about? You need to make a video and get it submitted to Twin Galaxies.

Gemant
I play this game in japanese version only, and TG accept US version only, so I'll not send my replay. However this game not have a second loop. There are tons of secrets and advanced strategy to made a good score and lives sacrifice is the first key. You must finish the game with 9 lives in stock because after the last Boss your score increase of 10.000 pts for each life, so 9 lives in stock (90.000 pts) + life in play (10.000) = total 100.000.

"infinite pattern" is a big problem of some games. Is a location where is possible play infinite, because there isn't a time limit and because enemies appear forever. Other neo geo games have this problem: Robo Army, ASO II, Ghost Pilots, Magician Lord...). In Raguy this problem there is, but is difficult do it. I not use infinite pattern because not have sense.

I must return on this game, because I want use my pattern to made a perfect play. My max score possible is about 550.000.

DarakuTenshi
Well... I know what I'm doing tonight.
Since you are obviously playing this as a ROM considering your screen shot why don't you just use an Euro/US bios?

Gemant
I use jap version because usually I release hi-score video in japanese channel.

merlin
Amazing score Gemant! I think you're the only person who would describe that score as
'poor'! Grin Will be interesting to see your scoring tactics when you do eventually make a video.

DarakuTenshi
Gemant wrote:

I use jap version because usually I release hi-score video in japanese channel.

Sorry what? You can't use a different bios for one run of a game so you can have the World Record to this game because you do hi-score videos on a Japanese channel? You have doubled my score and I thought my score was good. You really need to use a different bios for just one recording to give me a run for my money on Twin Galaxies!

How did you end up collecting 9 lives before the end of the game I didn't even know that was possible I must be missing some hidden lives somewhere. Man I can't wait to see your video on this one.

I've played through it several times today and I can't seem to break the 300,000 barrier... it's driving me nuts.

Gemant
Ok, I explain you my view point. I'm not interested in TG "world record" because for Neo Geo games in TG there aren't real WR for Neo Geo games. The real WR for Neo Geo games are made in Japan, and I use the same version because I want always comparate my scores with japanese scores. This is the reason because I use japanese bios.

In TG Neo Geo games are unpopular, few players play them and often the scores are not good. So, usually I play for japanese site because the hi-score quality for games is very high.

About Raguy I know that this game is "unknown" in the world (about advanced techniques), and is strange, because is a very good game. However about my score the important thing are the 1up in the game. You must find more silver cocoon (5=1up) and obtain the golden cocoon.

Gemant
I have built a pattern in all game to win 1up / extend x 18. But skill is necessary (and many training) and this is the reason because I use the word "poor" about my score. In 473k I miss many things and i want a replay with 1up x 18 because is possible for me. Only in this case I can obtain 550k. But now i can't play, I'm in pause. In future I'll try again.

I can't reveal my secrets... however this is my score after world 1:

s18.postimage.org/6jqm35mah/bjou0006.png
Edited by Gemant on 21. September 2012 22:50

DarakuTenshi
I can't believe it took me that long to figure it out. Now I see why you don't want to do it for Twin Galaxies.
This is what a maxed out score looks like in Blue's Journey. You'll notice even though my top score seems to be 300,000 point less than the second one the score with the seemingly lesser one is still on top. This is the way the game reads the maxed out score. You may also notice that there is a nine in the last digit... there is no way for you to earn a point in the one's position. I have shared my method with Merlin so he can confirm what I did, but I did not make a video considering it took like 9 hours to accomplish this.
imageshack.us/a/img100/2352/0003bz.png
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 22. September 2012 14:28

Gemant
Raguy have only 6 numbers in score, so max score is 999.999. But if at the end of the game you have 9 lives in stock, when game is finished you win other 100.000 pts, so 999.999 + 100.000 = 1.099.999. Obviously this score is not possible in real play.

However, in theory, max out score is possible with infinite pattern, but this method is banned in all scoreboard of the world.
Edited by Gemant on 22. September 2012 16:24

DarakuTenshi
Then I challenge you to show your method if you are not utilizing the infinite loop in any form. I know it is banned. This is why when you submit scores to places like Twin Galaxies you have to use a video to prove you are not cheating in anyway or utilizing a glitch in a game to puff your score. I can easily duplicate your score with the method and say that I didn't.
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 22. September 2012 17:08

DarakuTenshi
Okay example time:
imageshack.us/a/img189/8093/realscore.png

In the above image in first place I only utilized the score loop for a short amount of time. Even though I used it for a short time it was enough to significantly increase my score above my new real score.

My new real score is listed there in second place in which I did not use the loop to increase my score. That one was done solely by discovering new 10,000 point hidden markers throughout the stages (thanks to your posting by the way which forced me to play this game again). By the end of the game I had seven lives without dying once. Now that score could have been increased slightly but probably no more than 30,000 (to my best knowledge of this game). So breaking past a max of 400,000 for the entire game I see as being impossible without any sort of glitch manipulation.

merlin
Daraku has shared with me via PM how the infinite pattern works. I'm surprised how easy it
is to exploit and I'd say it is a significant issue with scoring in the game. Obviously it
shouldn't be permitted in any high score challenges. Well done figuring it out Daraku.

I'm sure that Gemant wouldn't use that kind of tactic though. There must be another explanation why he's able to score so high. Maybe there are more silver cocoons to be found? Is it possible to win more than one gold cocoon in the lottery?

Like Gemant said the Neo Geo scores (and some other arcade games too) aren't always that high at Twin Galaxies. The scores at MARP are higher for quite a few games I looked at. Congrats on getting 336660 by the way Daraku. That would put you in first place at MARP.

http://replay.mar...r/bjourney

DarakuTenshi
I'm sorry if I had come off the wrong way Gemant on this. It is not my intention to make anyone here angry. If you can get a seemingly impossible score I'm just asking as to hot you would ascertain such a great feat.

Gemant
merlin wrote:

Daraku has shared with me via PM how the infinite pattern works. I'm surprised how easy it
is to exploit and I'd say it is a significant issue with scoring in the game. Obviously it
shouldn't be permitted in any high score challenges. Well done figuring it out Daraku.

I'm sure that Gemant wouldn't use that kind of tactic though. There must be another explanation why he's able to score so high. Maybe there are more silver cocoons to be found? Is it possible to win more than one gold cocoon in the lottery?

Like Gemant said the Neo Geo scores (and some other arcade games too) aren't always that high at Twin Galaxies. The scores at MARP are higher for quite a few games I looked at. Congrats on getting 336660 by the way Daraku. That would put you in first place at MARP.

http://replay.mar...r/bjourney

In this game, time over character not appear during the Boss. When the time is end, you must leech little enemies in the screen with no limit of time. This is the infinite pattern. Obviously I not use this, because all players can do counter stop with this strategy. This is the reason because this game not have a official score in japan.

However the game have multiple secrets and strategy, and I know maybe all. After my study I can say that the max score possible (theory only) is 580.000 with my pattern. But I'm not able to made this score, so my target is only 550k.

Golden cocoon is 1 only in lottery. But there are other golden cocoon hidden in the game. In november I'll return on this game with a new score.

Gemant
DarakuTenshi wrote:

Then I challenge you to show your method if you are not utilizing the infinite loop in any form. I know it is banned. This is why when you submit scores to places like Twin Galaxies you have to use a video to prove you are not cheating in anyway or utilizing a glitch in a game to puff your score. I can easily duplicate your score with the method and say that I didn't.

Sometimes I reveal my secrets, sometimes not. Depends of the game. I have a top score in TG on Metal Slug, but my mame replay is locked. The same will be for Raguy (if in future I'll decide to send a inp to TG). For other games I have video in you tube, marp or other site.

Jump to Forum: