Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 1588
Thread Info
There are 92 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 23536 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Blues Journey / Raguy: NGFL High Score Challenge
NEO-GEO man
Yes its great to see abit more action in this part of the forum lately!! Smile

DarakuTenshi
Okay I did it! 1 Credit Clear. I'm actually happy but a bit upset since I messed up on one bell flower. I guess it leaves me with room for improvement.
img840.imageshack.us/img840/9830/0000dv.png
DON'T SUBMIT THIS SCORE I'VE SURPASSED IT (See Below)

Video proof coming soon I just have to re-encode it, since uploading a 24.2GB file may take a little bit of time.
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 21. June 2012 05:00

reelmojo
I bow to you. I don't think I'd ever have the patience or will power to 1CC Blue's Journey. I look forward to watching your video to see how it was done.

Clap

DarakuTenshi
Got the video finally uploaded on the slow internet here.
YouTube Video

But... while that was uploading I 1UPed my score as well as the score listed at TwinGalaxies so I'll be submitting it for the world record.

Anyway here is a pic of my new score. The video above is from my first 1CC on it.
img35.imageshack.us/img35/2082/0000piw.png
Daraku Tenshi 268,850 CLEAR 1 Credit

Funny thing is I know I can beat that score too since I've messed up again. Man this game has just become unbelievably easy now.
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 21. June 2012 05:01

NEO-GEO man
Thats a hell of a good effort there Wink

DarakuTenshi
If you watch that video you'll see there was a point that I got so angry because I kept making stupid errors. I lost like 4 out of my 5 lives in one spot (at the end of the game). Now that I watch it again I think of how lucky I was the first time I got the 1CC. I had 1 heart left when I got to a store to buy a life and a honey pot.

NEO-GEO man
Very good play i reckon mate, i cant sit there long enough on that game to get that far in!! Smile

merlin
Congrats on the 1CC Daraku! Clap You're really good at this game. I hope I can do it myself one day and watching your video will surely help. Hope to see you entering a few more challenges.

I do like this game a lot but one thing that bothers me is that, from what I remember, increasing your number of hearts depends on being lucky in the lottery. It's definitely harder if you're stuck on only 2 hearts for a long time.

Interestingly I noticed on Gemant's high score table it states 'no official score because infinite pattern detected in the game'. I wonder what that 'infinite pattern' is. Hmm Definitely something to bear in mind in case anyone ever posts a ridiculously high score in the future.

DarakuTenshi
The thing is when you figure out where enemies spawn and when then getting through the game even on 2 hearts is possible. I've done it several times now. But, yes it was extremely frustrating at first. I would reset the game if I did not get the heart on the first bonus stage.

Now about the infinite pattern... that I don't really understand.
There is a time limit on each stage. I've not allowed the time to run out but my assumption was that you would loose a life if the timer ran out. I'll have to check that out.

But... while I was typing the above I just got an idea for the infinite pattern that I'll test out to see if it's possible. The thing is for things such as the Twin Galaxies World Record scores that kind of thing is not allowed anymore. If you are not moving the natural progression of the game it is considered illegal. But... they also did say if you are playing a game with a timer on the stage then you are allowed to rack up as many points as possible on each stage because you risk loosing a life and loosing bonus at the end of each stage.

Anyway I'll play with it and see if my idea works for that "infinite pattern"

Although they may be saying that because infinite credits and no reset on the score.
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 22. June 2012 17:06

priest
Like the others already said; One hell of an effortThumbs Up

Scoreboard and medals are updated.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
terryj
DarakuTenshi wrote:
Okay I did it! 1 Credit Clear. I'm actually happy but a bit upset since I messed up on one bell serenata flowers.uk. I guess it leaves me with room for improvement.
img840.imageshack.us/img840/9830/0000dv.png
DON'T SUBMIT THIS SCORE I'VE SURPASSED IT (See Below)

Video proof coming soon I just have to re-encode it, since uploading a 24.2GB file may take a little bit of time.

Oh wow! How did you do it? I never made the cut to be 1 Credit Clear.:( I am trying over and over and over again it just doesn't work. And I am also always messing up on one bell flower. Maybe it is made for us to mess it up?^^ I smell a big conspiracy. A flower conspiracy! Grin

priest
OK

DarakuTenshi
terryj wrote:
Oh wow! How did you do it? I never made the cut to be 1 Credit Clear.:( I am trying over and over and over again it just doesn't work. And I am also always messing up on one bell flower. Maybe it is made for us to mess it up?^^ I smell a big conspiracy. A flower conspiracy! Grin

Actually the game is very simple to me now. It's just a matter of memorization.

NEO-GEO man
Yes it isnt an overly complex game, given enough play you can improve pretty quickly

priest
Like always practice pays off in the end, even in games. Pretty much like NEO-GEO man said...
Edited by priest on 08. July 2012 06:57

merlin
Daraku reviving this challenge inspired me to give it another go too. I made some bad
mistakes and the score isn't that high but I'm happy to have at last beaten the game on one credit. I definitely learned some things from watching Daraku's video.

I agree with you Daraku that once you learn the game the lottery results aren't quite as
important. However I still think it's a bit of a flaw in the game that the number of hearts you have is completely down to luck.

Merlin: Score: 221,220. played on: Mame32++, game completed

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/BJHSC.png

YouTube Video

Kazuya_UK
Congrats merlin! Have updated priests original post for you, you're still comfortably in second place at the moment Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
priest
Merlin: Welcome back and well done!

Kaz: Thanks for the job you have put into the medals and the HSC.

From now on IŽll try to be a bit more active around here again...

Henke
Henke. Score: 147,300 Played on AES US/EURO

img268.imageshack.us/img268/6872/hn2012img4706.jpg

priest
Hi Henke and welcome to the HSC.

The Scoreboard is updated.