Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: phry
Thread ID: 158
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What you all been listening to?
Kazuya_UK
Not loving their new album all that much... but this is a great track and very funny video from Weezer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Y4BppbBFo[/youtube]

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 24. June 2008 22:21
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Midian
Chris Crocker in it. Thumbs Down
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Raiken
White Rose Movement.
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Listening to Faith No More - "The Real thing"

Next: "Zombie Eaters"
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

garu21
some Daft Punk tunes Wink Thumbs Up
[img][/img]

LIFE_IN_2D
Been listening to some George Carlin lately. R.I.P.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Kazuya_UK
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Been listening to some George Carlin lately. R.I.P.

RIP indeed! Been listening to some of his stuff, always loved the 7 words thing.

"Remmeber... you can say 'I pricked my finger', but you can't say 'I fingered my prick'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTyzTJTNhNk[/youtube]

Classic Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Midian
Volbeat, Elenium

Zakatek
Frank Sinatra - My Way . I like oldies.

Spooky
Frank Sinatra is still the best.

Am I lame for listening to Blink 182's older stuff?

Blink 182 - Waggy
Long long ago, there were a man..

roninbuddha
still listening to Zazen Boys
-a japanese band, mostly funk/rock/experimental/calculated jazz, etc..., pretty hard to 'get into' but i've been a fan for years..

here's a youtube link
http://youtube.co...um6dIzXlDI

www.filehive.com/files/080806/sgu.jpg
my artworks/doodles -> http://roninbuddha.blogspot.com

http://roninbuddha.deviantart.com
Shiny
Listening to Mclusky again, in particular Mclusky Do Dallas. Gawd, how I miss 'em. Best Welsh band evaR.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Shiny
Alkaline Trio's new LP... Those guys can do no wrong, I swear. Still responsible for the best lyrics in punk. The best harmonies, and now, quite possibly the best drummer too.

8 CD's and not one bad track... That's gotta be some kind of record.

Shiny likes teh Trio quite a bit in case you hadn't guessed.

Spooky
Funny you should mention Alkaline Trio. I've been listening to their B-Sides album 'Remains' which is actually very awesome. I especially like Dead End Road and Jaked On Green Beers. I'm more into their fast-paced stuff like on GD and their self-titled so I completed ignored Crimson when it came out.

Haven't heard much from Agony and Irony though, it has a pretty decent score on metacritic so maybe I'll check it out.

..And what the hell, Glenn Porter was an awesome drummer. Plus, he was in 88 Fingers Louie, one of my favorite Chicago punk bands.
Edited by Spooky on 06. July 2008 00:08

Shiny
Spooky wrote:
Funny you should mention Alkaline Trio. I've been listening to their B-Sides album 'Remains' which is actually very awesome. I especially like Dead End Road and Jaked On Green Beers. I'm more into their fast-paced stuff like on GD and their self-titled so I completed ignored Crimson when it came out.

Haven't heard much from Agony and Irony though, it has a pretty decent score on metacritic so maybe I'll check it out.

..And what the hell, Glenn Porter was an awesome drummer. Plus, he was in 88 Fingers Louie, one of my favorite Chicago punk bands.

Remains is indeed awesome, Jaked On Green Beers being something of a favourite of mine. Along with Queen of Pain, Metro, Old School Reasons, oh so many amazing songs... The latter was also a bonus track on Good Mourning apparently though it's not on my bloody copy. Angry

Yeah, the older stuff is fantastic, no question. But it wasn't all fast-paced, and not much has changed if you ask me. Imo every single album is streets ahead of every comparable band. The production values may be higher now but it's still the same band, with the same songwriting flair and lyrical genius that set them apart in the first place. Lyrically, Skiba and Andriano are untouchable. Still. And their vocals still sound like they were born to sing together. Good Mourning is probably still their finest hour but you should give Crimson a whirl, it's a great album.

And yes, the drums on Agony & Irony are something else.

Spooky
Yeah, I'll give it a listen. I just hate how they've fallen into the whole Hot Topic punk clique, but who cares I guess. I really liked From Here To Infirmary, but I've only heard "We've Had Enough" and "Blue in the Face" from Good Mourning.

On a side note, while I hate to promote anything having to do with Fat Mike, Me First and The Gimme Gimmes have some pretty damn good covers.

Swingin' Utters - No Pariah
Edited by Spooky on 06. July 2008 06:24

Shiny
Spooky wrote:
Yeah, I'll give it a listen. I just hate how they've fallen into the whole Hot Topic punk clique, but who cares I guess. I really liked From Here To Infirmary, but I've only heard "We've Had Enough" and "Blue in the Face" from Good Mourning.

On a side note, while I hate to promote anything having to do with Fat Mike, Me First and The Gimme Gimmes have some pretty damn good covers.

Swingin' Utters - No Pariah

What's wrong with Fat Mike? Are we not supposed to like him anymore?

All Alk3 albums are class. I don't give a fuck about scenesters and posers, or which band NME thinks we should be listening to at the moment. Sure, they're a hot topic right now but it's not through the band changing to appeal to mainstream media, and it has taken about ten years for them to get there. Same thing's happening to Against Me! right now too.

That's one thing that's always pissed me off about the punk scene. We find a great band, we go out of our way to make sure everyone we know hears them and then, when they become popular, we slate them for "selling out" when it was us that made them popular in the first place. Good songs are good songs. End of. Regardless of label or airplay. I think that 90% of "the scene" need to pull their heads out of their arses and stop worrying about whether or not what's on their ipod is punk enough.

Today's rant is brought to you by Shiny, in association with Unicornography by The Falcon.

You'd really like The Falcon by the way Spooky. If you don't know 'em already that is.

Spooky
I hope this message is Shiny/Matt Skiba approved. Thumbs Up

Dude, I don't know, Fat Mike has really gotten on my nerves these past few years. He CONSTANTLY bitches about stupid shit at shows like "The President doesn't care about PETA" or whatever. WHO FUCKING CARES?! It's his last year in office and this whole anti-bush rant is getting old as hell, from any band for that matter. Seriously man, when is NOFX going to get some new subject material? Whatever though, it's his band ect. Props for The Decline though, and pretty much all albums before War on Errorism.

As far as ALK3 goes, I agree, they're pretty much untouchable except for maybe a few mediocre singles. Their first album though sold me on the band. And as far as the whole popularity thing goes with Against Me! and ALK3, that's cool, as long as it doesn't happen to Dillinger Four, I love the hell out of that band. Good point though, good songs are good songs.

You know, I haven't heard all that much from Unicornography except for stuff like LA-Z Boy 500 and Building The More Perfect Asshole parade. I really like what I've heard though, and love pretty much anything by The Lawrence Arms. I remember God Don't Make No Trash when it came out, sounded kind of weird the first time around but I like what they've done with Unicorn. Punk rock supergroups kick ass!

To quote Spazz's song A Prayer for the Complete and Utter Eradication of All Generic Pop-Punk: "Ska and swing are far from best, and quit trying to be NOFX. Hop on one trend to the next, thirty seconds from now, you're gonna get wrecked"
Edited by Spooky on 06. July 2008 08:11

Midian
Listening to Bring Me The Horizon - Pray for Plagues now. That song is awesome.

Raiken
Korean tracks for Guilty Gear Reload.
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

Jump to Forum: