Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: phry
Thread ID: 158
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What you all been listening to?
Goemon
broken harbours wrote:
múm, fripp & eno

Yes! *extends high five*

I've been listening to this folk rock band called "Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat" alot as well as some Indonesian band that plays "Gamelan" style music.
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

merlin
broken harbours wrote:
for the last couple of weeks now its been a sort of continuous loop of: atlas sound, múm, kraftwerk, ennio morricone, fripp & eno, and saint vitus.

Ennio Morricone really has produced some of the best film soundtracks ever. The soundtrack to 'Once upon a time in the West' is surely one of his best. This music is beautiful. Also the Dollars Trilogy of course. I watched 'Malena' last night starring Monica Bellucci and the score by Morricone was really great. It's also a very good film worth checking out.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Goemon
Alusa Fallax, and plenty of other symphonic style rock.

DestronPrime
Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Savaged Circus, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, CastleVania Dracula Battle Perfect Selection, The Black Mages, Orphaned Land, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Firewind, Kamelot, Crisis Core OST, Hannah Montana, Demons & Wizards, Ether Vapor OST, Yoko Anno, Yui, High and Mighty Colour, IOSYS, Final Fantasy OSTs, Xenosaga OSTs, Chrono Cross OST, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya all media, Baroque era, Chamber music, Classic music, smooth Jazz, Elevator Jazz, and probable a lot more... heh. My favourites outta those is (in no particular order) Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Demons and Wizards, CC OST, Hannah Montana (I just can't get those catchy tunes outta my head... I've never admitted it before, so be grateful), The Black Mages, and Dracula Battle Perfect Selection.

In all truthfulness my absolute favourites are IE, BG, and D&W. So whaddya all think? Anybody else here like Metal like that? Also any reccomendations?
Edited by DestronPrime on 11. April 2008 09:49

ROBOTRON
"sleeping alone samba" - joy project
img213.imageshack.us/img213/7476/01hw6.gif
Fight Like A Robot!

http://www.freewebs.com/robotron
Midian
DestronPrime wrote:
Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Savaged Circus, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, CastleVania Dracula Battle Perfect Selection, The Black Mages, Orphaned Land, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Firewind, Kamelot, Crisis Core OST, Hannah Montana, Demons & Wizards, Ether Vapor OST, Yoko Anno, Yui, High and Mighty Colour, IOSYS, Final Fantasy OSTs, Xenosaga OSTs, Chrono Cross OST, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya all media, Baroque era, Chamber music, Classic music, smooth Jazz, Elevator Jazz, and probable a lot more... heh. My favourites outta those is (in no particular order) Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Demons and Wizards, CC OST, Hannah Montana (I just can't get those catchy tunes outta my head... I've never admitted it before, so be grateful), The Black Mages, and Dracula Battle Perfect Selection.

In all truthfulness my absolute favourites are IE, BG, and D&W. So whaddya all think? Anybody else here like Metal like that? Also any reccomendations?

Cool to see Arch Enemy and Firewind in that list, I love those bands! Can't wait to see them both at Graspop festival. Smile

Myself I'm listening to the new Muse live DVD+CD Haarp, it's really good, and also lots of HateSphere and Gojira.
Edited by Midian on 11. April 2008 11:23
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

DestronPrime
I haven't actually tried Gojira, but I will and HateSphere has such a cool name I might just have to!

priest
Mustasch-"Down in black":

http://www.youtub...re=related
Edited by priest on 11. April 2008 23:09
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Midian
DestronPrime wrote:
I haven't actually tried Gojira, but I will and HateSphere has such a cool name I might just have to!

They're quality bands man. Wink

broken harbours
most of the metal bands i've always liked have always been of the stoner/drone/doom/"post" variety. so yeah. stuff like earth,
st vitus, the melvins, sunn 0))), goatsnake, kyuss, burning witch, isis, pelican, and tokyo's finest, boris, who incidentally, i am seeing in a couple of weeks. Grin
Edited by broken harbours on 12. April 2008 20:23

Goemon
broken harbours wrote: isis, pelican, and boris, who incidentally, i am seeing in a couple of weeks. Grin

I adore these bands! I'd love to hear some more acoustic work from Pelican. Every acoustic composition they've released so far sounds even more elaborate then most of the Folk bands i listen to.

I hope you enjoy seeing Boris Wink

DestronPrime wrote:
Orphaned Land, Opeth

Wow, more great bands that i really dig. I just recently started listening to Orphaned Land, but i've been appreciating Opeth for a long time. I admire the way both bands incorporate acoustic and electric guitar playing so well.

It's interesting to me that so many here are into the same music as myself, but i don't know anyone that lives near me that ventures out of the bubble of mainstream; heavily advertised pop music.
Edited by Goemon on 13. April 2008 07:21

Zakatek
Queen - Somebody to Love

Shiny
I can't stop listening to Reinventing Axl Rose by Against Me! at the moment... Baby, I'm an Anarchist! and Pints of Guiness Make You Strong in particular.

In fact, today I mostly worked out how to play ...Anarchist! Great song.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Midian
Kingdom of Sorrow, Bury Your Dead, Death Before Dishonor and Hatebreed.

John Crawley
I've been listening to 60s soul lately. That sweet soul music. Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Wilson Pickett, stuff like that.

Powerwave
anyone a fan of the ban suicide ???

candycab
The Jam
The kinks

Various other old stuff like

The Average White band
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

broken harbours
Powerwave wrote:

which one? as i think there are two, the first is the classic pioneering punk/electronica outfit (who i love lots and lots) while the second i believe is a turkish death metal gruppe.

LIFE_IN_2D
I’ve been listening to a lot of Utah Carol (silly country-pop-folk) and Unwed Sailor (pretty good instrumental rock band). Also I've been listeinng to this awesome neo-sabbathesque band called Electric Wizard .
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Powerwave
broken harbours wrote:
Powerwave wrote:

which one? as i think there are two, the first is the classic pioneering punk/electronica outfit (who i love lots and lots) while the second i believe is a turkish death metal gruppe.

im talking the piorneerin punk electronic there my fave band, i think theere one of the most important bands in the spectrum of popular music

Jump to Forum: