Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: phry
Thread ID: 158
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What you all been listening to?
boogiepop
Nope, sorry! Pfft
Currently have Blondie on.

Shiny
Spooky wrote:
Dammit, doesn't anyone listen to punk/ska?

Yeah loads but I don't know much about torrents... Sorry.

Current faves (almost constantly changing) are...

Descendents
Fugazi
Minor Threat
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Reel Big Fish
Catch 22
Alkaline Trio
Big Black
Melt Banana

Tell me what you're in to and explain what a torrent is and how it works and I may be able to help... No promises though. Wink

Shiny
Today mostly listening to Jilted Generation by the Prodigy. Best thing they/he ever did imo Grin

Spooky
Heh, didn't think anyone listened to punk here. Personally, I'm into bands like The Queers, Screeching Weasel, The Methadones, Bouncing Souls, Big D and the Kids Table, most of the band you've listed, and other stuff like early Nada Surf, Weezer, and The Strokes. Anyways, a torrent is a file that allows you to download entire discographies of bands, and CD's alone, as well as DVDs(Though I don't like getting movies on my computer.) But uh..I don't really want to get in trouble for this, so I guess I'm just curious to see if anyone had the same interests as me in music.

A torrent is basically a peer to peer file sharing program, that's it really. You just download the torrent, and with a program like Azureus, Burst!, or BitTornado, you can download an entire CD from people around the world.

Eh..
Edited by Spooky on 10. March 2007 20:44

candycab
I used to listen to alot of Punk way back in the day and still do on occasion, though I dont follow any current stuff.

Favorites for me have been and still are groups like

Helmet { I never get sick of Helmet Wink }
Iggy & The Stooges aswell as solo Iggy
David Bowie
The Circlejerks
Fugazi
The Smiths
Black Flag [ I still love TV Party ]
Rollins Band
The Ramones

I like some of the Punk runoff groups like Social Distortion and Blood for Blood aswell.

As for Torrent files .... Take a look at this Wink

Torrent 101
Edited by candycab on 11. March 2007 05:07
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
candycab wrote:
I used to listen to alot of Punk way back in the day and still do on occasion, though I dont follow any current stuff.

Favorites for me have been and still are groups like

Helmet { I never get sick of Helmet Wink }
Iggy & The Stooges aswell as solo Iggy
David Bowie
The Circlejerks
Fugazi
The Smiths
Black Flag [ I still love TV Party ]
Rollins Band
The Ramones

I like some of the Punk runnoff groups like Social Distortion and Blood for Blood aswell.

As for Torrent files .... Take a look at this Wink

Torrent 101

Goddamn I love Helmet! Unsung rocks like a MF! Oh, and that cover of Symptoms of the Universe... Grin

One of the Futurama sites (can't remember which one) has an mp3 of TV Party by the cast. Very cool.

Thanks for the info on torrents, it's shocking how little I know about technology. Roll Eyes

And Social Distortion Hell yeah! Was listening to ...White Trash only yesterday. Grin Mike Ness is an amazing songwriter.

candycab
Since we are on the subject of Punk, I recently aquired this [ gotta love Netflix Grin ]

American Hardcore

I havent warched it yet but it should be preety cool from what Ive read about it Wink
Edited by candycab on 11. March 2007 05:18
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiepop
Shiny wrote:
Thanks for the info on torrents, it's shocking how little I know about technology. Roll Eyes

Don't feel bad. I've downloaded bittornado like five times and could never figure out how the hell to get it working.

Spooky
Awesome! American Hardcore is supposed to be pretty badass. I need to renew my subscription to Netflix so I can order that one.

There's nothing worse than getting 97% of a CD finished, only to have it crap out at the last minute and not start up again. Damn you Azureus!!

candycab
boogiepop wrote:
Shiny wrote:

Don't feel bad. I've downloaded bittornado like five times and could never figure out how the hell to get it working.

I use this for a Torrent Client

Bitpump

Its stupidly easy to use Grin Pretty much a click and go type program with lots of tweakability if you want to get into it.

Its very noob friendly yet has some serious abilities for any power users outthere. Give it a try Wink

Ive used probably 10 different clients and I think this is the best of any of them so far. Be sure to look at the rest of the site, he wrights some of the best free software Ive run across on the net. Thumbs Up
Edited by candycab on 11. March 2007 12:30

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiepop
Thanks candycab! I think I might give it a try after work tonight.

fusion24
soul candi 4, oskido ft kylex, fresh 5
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/papikie2001/RockHoward2.gif

Shiny
Chris Cornell's solo album - Euphoria Morning. Goddamn I miss Soundgarden.

Shiny
This week I've been listening to Betty by Helmet (cheers once again candycab).

And also Bloodstone and Officer Gotcha, two of my friends' bands. Sadly they'll probably never get the attention they deserve... So in the spirit of friendly promotion...

www.myspace.com/b...

www.myspace.com/o...
Edited by Shiny on 20. April 2007 02:33

sukotsuto
Shuffling through "Parokya ni Edgar" songs in my winamp playlist. Parokya ni Edgar is my favorite 90's Philippine rock band, especially with their hilarious Weird Al-esque parodies of US songs and that some titled "Bakit ba ang pangit-pangit mo!? (Why are you so damn ugly!?)" Grin

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Midian
I'm listening to some Decapitated, amazing drummer I must say. The new vocalist is really nice, but I don't like the old one that much.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

candycab
Johnny Cash ...... The origional white rapper Grin

Simplicity at its finest "When the Man comes around" Wink

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
Listening to a lot of Aerosmith recently, mainly stuff on their "Big Ones" compilation album, as I have that on the Ipod. It's cool to listen to when playing PGR3 on the 360 Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Midian
Listening to the new Kotipelto (Timo Kotipelto of Stratovarius) cd. It's awesome, Serenity (also the album title) is a lovely track.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

candycab
Assorted Jean Luc Ponte Grin

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: