Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: phry
Thread ID: 158
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What you all been listening to?
Murikov
From Thursday to Friday I was at the Sonisphere Festival here in Switzerland. Despite the horrible weather at the fist day and the masses of mud it just was f*ing awesome. Great bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Overkill, Airbourne, Alice in Chains, Motörhead or Rise Against played continuously during the two days! The overall mood was a bit crappy, but the music was just great.

Just some impressions how it looked like:

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

The same Festival is already announced for the next year and I will go again - for sure.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

AngelaAsakura
Wow, that sounds like it would have been amazing!

YouTube Video

Gorgeous song.Music
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
merlin
I'm loving all the Shinobi music posted on the last page especially the tracks from Revenge of Shinobi. Some of the best music I've heard in a Mega Drive game. My favourite tracks in the game are China Town and My Lover.

Here's one of my favourite pieces of Neo Geo music that I've been listening to. Epic.

YouTube Video

AngelaAsakura
merlin wrote:
I'm loving all the Shinobi music posted on the last page especially the tracks from Revenge of Shinobi. Some of the best music I've heard in a Mega Drive game. My favourite tracks in the game are China Town and My Lover.

Here's one of my favourite pieces of Neo Geo music that I've been listening to. Epic.

YouTube Video

Agreed!

YouTube Video

My second favorite track from this game.

merlin
That's another great track too Angela. I love the whole soundtrack. The music really adds to the atmosphere of the game and makes the gameplay even more exciting. You really feel like you're on an epic quest. Another of my favourites is the track from the Dale of Evil Gods stage.

YouTube Video

AngelaAsakura
merlin wrote:
That's another great track too Angela. I love the whole soundtrack. The music really adds to the atmosphere of the game and makes the gameplay even more exciting. You really feel like you're on an epic quest.

Yeah. I feel the same way.

YouTube Video

My third favorite.

LIFE_IN_2D
Been playing Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (A wonderful epic game) while listening to this and some other trance music:

YouTube Video

Jedis + trance = ummmm weirdness.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 23. June 2010 00:10
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
YouTube Video

priest
Amon Amarth - Free will sacrifice

YouTube Video

Headbang
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Murikov
AngelaAsakura wrote:
YouTube Video

Great to see that we have a Bruce Lee fan here! Grin
Game of Death might have a decent soundtrack, but the movie itself is a fiasco. Shock I just can't believe the producers used a Bruce Lee double during the most time of the movie! I even prefer Game of Death II / Tower of Death, which has even still less to do with the real Bruce Lee. I think AVGN explains everything:

http://www.spike....ce/3378505

Anyway, my favorite Bruce Lee movie is "Way of the Dragon" where even Chuck Norris is starring as Bruce Lees strongest enemy (holy shit!). It just has awesome and humorous fighting scenes and a good story after all. One of Hong Kong's finest!

YouTube Video

And does anyone recognize the location in the movie? Yeah, later it was also used as Birdies Stage in Street Fighter Alpha 1!

www.slateman.net/images/gaming/backgrounds/sfz2/sfz-birdie.gif
Edited by Murikov on 23. June 2010 23:15
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
very good points murikov, you'd be surprised to know that most people are oblivious to the fact that they used doubles for many of the scenes in "Game of Death".

Good choice for your favorite Bruce Lee movie, it's my fav as well! That Chuck Norris fight was epic. I love the kitty cat's roaming around the battle field.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 23. June 2010 23:32

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
Murikov wrote:
Great to see that we have a Bruce Lee fan here! Grin
Game of Death might have a decent soundtrack, but the movie itself is a fiasco. Shock I just can't believe the producers used a Bruce Lee double during the most time of the movie! I even prefer Game of Death II / Tower of Death, which has even still less to do with the real Bruce Lee. I think AVGN explains everything:

http://www.spike....ce/3378505

Anyway, my favorite Bruce Lee movie is "Way of the Dragon" where even Chuck Norris is starring as Bruce Lees strongest enemy (holy shit!). It just has awesome and humorous fighting scenes and a good story after all. One of Hong Kong's finest!

YouTube Video

I agree completely. And that happens to be my favorite scene too! Grin I love Way of the Dragon!

YouTube Video

I love this game. It's one of the most epic titles out there. And the final boss battle is so amazing.

LIFE_IN_2D
AngelaAsakura wrote:

YouTube Video

I love this game. It's one of the most epic titles out there. And the final boss battle is so amazing.

Wow, good taste Angela, I actually started re-playing Super Metriod like a month ago. Great game, the music is especially strange and eerie, much to my liking.

Here's my favorite from the original Metriod, and probably my favorite single video game song EVER:

YouTube Video

And what do you get when you fuse an awesome video game song with a rock music? The Minibosses f*cking rock!

YouTube Video

Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 25. June 2010 15:52

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Atomduck
Ah, Metroid always had amazing music. Heres what I've been listening to:

The High Speed Scene- The IROC-Z Song... great simple tune.
YouTube Video

Beastie Boys- Intergalactic... yeah, I love the Beastie Boys lol. This song has always kicked ass.
YouTube Video

and finally, That Dog- Old Timer 2D got me into this song! thanks!
YouTube Video

NeoGeoNinja
JUST WANTED...
to have a mish mash in with the last few days discussion, as from what I've read (missed?) so far, it's all been very interesting to me Grin

MAGICIAN LORD...
I have to say that this game has some truly stunning music, just... some of the best really! However, for me, whilst the game is good, I actually find the music to be the MAIN reason why I play this more than I should!

My favourite track is STAGE 2 followed by STAGE 1. Both excellent pieces. I like stage 2 music best because it's so upbeat, dark and terribly urgent! It's definitely the weird synth effect that does it for me in the BKGD of the track (as heard mainly at the beginning of the track).

BRUCE LEE...
Erm, what can I say? I have and always WILL be obsessed with this guy!! He's the ultimate and always shall be. I don't and haven't read books or studied JKD etc BUT I'm really talking about his films and influence here. He's so amazing to watch. A fantastic blend of charisma, skill, power and humour! Legendary stuff.

Enter the Dragon will always be my fave Bruce Lee film, as I had it on VHS form a VERY young age and grew up obsessed with the film and Bruce Lee himself. Out of his 'original' films though, I think Fist of Fury is my favourite - the whole Chinese style VS Japanese style is so unbelievably cool as the whole amass of underlying messages etc subliminally delived by Lee through the medium of film and martial arts. Again, influential and very clever.

Also, on the subject of Bruce Lee: Brandon Lee? Is it normal to nearly break down into physical tears everytime I finish watching the Crow? At the part where it says 'For Brandon & Eliza'? I still can't cope with the loss, even today... the loss of BOTH I think:(

SWEDISH DEATH & BLACK METAL...
see, after just listening to that little excerpt Priest, the same thing as always has happened - and it's always the same with this kind of music (Emperor, Mayhem, Satyricon, Dark Funeral etc) - the problem being that I usually really like the music BUT I cannot stand the vocals. They just ruin it for me. Especially stuff like Mayhem where Euronymous gargles down the mic like a tracheotomy victim - as the music, I quite like (bitt OTT in some parts though!). At the same time, I'm no fan of Mega Deth or Metallica, as to me, they just seem like a diluted, more accessible variations on the heavier them (thus heavy Metal, duh!).

And... what do you make of Arcturus? Grin

METROID & SUPER METROID...
not too keen on the former nowadays, however, Super Metroid imo is STILL a f*ckin' masterpiece of gaming! Seriously though, what a game!! And, as has been duly pointed out here, the music found in both games is phenomenal! I'll dig out a couple of my faves form each (one each). My God... Super Metroid. Epic.

AND FINALLY...
"Intergalactic Planetary, Planetary Intergalactic" etc AND "Another Dimension, Another Dimension, Another Dimension, Another Dimension" etc. Yep. Amazing Stuff. Love this song AAAND, not to sound old or anything but... it really takes me back!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
NeoGeoNinja wrote:SWEDISH DEATH & BLACK METAL...
see, after just listening to that little excerpt Priest, the same thing as always has happened - and it's always the same with this kind of music (Emperor, Mayhem, Satyricon, Dark Funeral etc) - the problem being that I usually really like the music BUT I cannot stand the vocals. They just ruin it for me. Especially stuff like Mayhem where Euronymous gargles down the mic like a tracheotomy victim - as the music, I quite like (bitt OTT in some parts though!). At the same time, I'm no fan of Mega Deth or Metallica, as to me, they just seem like a diluted, more accessible variations on the heavier them (thus heavy Metal, duh!).

And... what do you make of Arcturus? Grin

Ninja

Well to be honest I had a hard time enjoying this type of music before but I think that Bands like AMON AMARTH makes their music in a way that you can actually hear the lyrics, which is always a good thingGrin

What?!!! Where?!!! did you find this Arcturus...thingy, donīt tell me you really like this kind of music? I listened to less than one whole song and thats what it took for me to make up my mind about them...Sad attempt at making good music and I wonīt make it a habbit to listen to their songsSmile

NeoGeoNinja
priest wrote:
What?!!! Where?!!! did you find this Arcturus...thingy, donīt tell me you really like this kind of music? I listened to less than one whole song and thats what it took for me to make up my mind about them...Sad attempt at making good music and I wonīt make it a habbit to listen to their songsSmile

UNFORTUNATELY...
there isn't a 'sarcastic' smiley, as such (this > Sarcasm < is shit!) so I couldn't really get my humour across, but yeah, I was being sarcastic, thus the > Grin

As for Arcturus? I'm sure he has his fans BUT I can safely say, that neither YOU or I are one of them!! Eh priest? Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
How about some exotic foreign 80's stuff? Headbang

Late Soviet era Speed Metal for example.

YouTube Video

Or French Classic Heavy Metal with a cheesy album cover.

YouTube Video

And some of you might know these Japanese guys.

YouTube Video

@priest
I would have had the opportunity to see Amon Amarth live at the Sonisphere Festival one week ago, but they only played as the last band at 4'o clock in the morning and I had to catch my train to go home after hours and hours of Metal.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

AngelaAsakura
YouTube Video

This totally rocks! Headbang

priest
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
priest wrote:

UNFORTUNATELY...
there isn't a 'sarcastic' smiley, as such (this > Sarcasm < is shit!) so I couldn't really get my humour across, but yeah, I was being sarcastic, thus the > Grin

As for Arcturus? I'm sure he has his fans BUT I can safely say, that neither YOU or I are one of them!! Eh priest? Wink

Ninja

Yea I thought you might be jenking my chain, but I wasnt sure...Pheeeeeew! You got me worried for a while, NinjaboyGrin

The smiley I would use if I were to be sarcastic would be this one...Annoy

Murikov: You should try to catch AMON AMARTH live act some time, I promise itīll be worth it. Even if you have to stay up all nightHeadbang 2

MusicTransformers, robots in disguiseMusic
Edited by priest on 27. June 2010 17:09

Jump to Forum: