Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 1555
Thread Info
There are 76 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 11254 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
NAM 1975: NGFL High Score Challenge
NEO-GEO man
This is my favorite game of all time for the NEO-GEO, used to play it every day. Still play it at least once every two weeks!!

http://s11.photob...AM1mil.jpg

priest
Neo-Geo man: Please post your scores according to my wishes. Which stage did you loose your life? Well doneThumbs Up

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NEO-GEO man
Sorry mate, ill post it all again.

1CC, no deaths. Completed the game, got all the little bonus stages on the way. 1,105,200 was final score after beating the Dr.

The 2nd score you see there ( 999,000 ) was with 2 deaths. I was rather upset i had missed out on the 1 million points that time round!!!
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/NAM1mil.jpg

priest
Neo-geo man: ThanksSmile

bayoubilly
Hi everybody,

This is my first High score challenge and I'm very happy to begin it with this fantastic game which is NAM 1975 !.

My High Score is 536,200 and my nickname is bayoubilly.

I was killed just before the level 5 The Enemy Arms Factory during the battle against what Neo Geo man called "a little bonus stage" Smile

I will rather call it a mini boss that you have to fight (sometime.. someone knows why?) just after the regular one at the end of each level.

It was a kind of big army tank launching bombs and I was burnt by one of them Shrug!

My screenshot :

www.alpacino-fanclub.com/photo/IMG_20120403_195056.jpg
Edited by bayoubilly on 03. April 2012 19:26

http://www.alpacino-fanclub.com
priest
Hey Bayoubilly and welcome to your first HSC entry.

Please read about the rules and about my wishes on how you present your scores...

Scoreboard and medals are updated.

bayoubilly
Thanks Priest ! Here is my updated score presentation :

Bayoubilly: Score: 536,200. Stage: end of level 4, killed during the bonus stage battle.

By the way if anyone knows why sometimes you get those bonus stages and sometimes you don't, I will really appreciated ! Smile

priest
BayouBilly: Thumbs Up

NEO-GEO man
bayoubilly wrote:

By the way if anyone knows why sometimes you get those bonus stages and sometimes you don't, I will really appreciated ! Smile

I have never been able to figure out how to make them appear, it sure just seems to be completely random. In order to beat my score though, you will pretty near certainly need to get all of the extra stages.

priest
...And the glowes are off Wink

bayoubilly
1CC, no deaths. Completed the game, got all the little bonus stages on the way. 1,105,200 was final score after beating the Dr.

I didn't ever though that it was humanly possible to beat this game with no deaths ! ! Clap

got all the little bonus stages on the way

And you said that you beat all the bonus stages to get this hi-score ! the first ones are pretty easy but the last bonus stage is as hard as the last boss !

Come on you are the Nam 1975 god lol !

If you have the time and the opportunity to do it, I will be very interested if you could record on camera your performance and post it on Youtube by example. Thumbs Up
Edited by bayoubilly on 26. May 2012 11:53

NEO-GEO man
Thanks mate, the bonus stages are all pretty easy though really, cause they are the same each time and there is no side scroll. Very little can change enough to effect how you play them once you have a plan.

I dont have a camera that works properly anymore, but i always wanted to record some of the games where i get highest scores, on NAM, i i used to play this game every single day after school back in the early 90s, and i got to be very good at it then, when i had it on MVS for a while i used to play it on level 7 and level 8 which is crazy hard, everything moves so fast and takes alot more bullets to kill. I managed to get through the game a few times on level 8.

Default difficulty on the AES is level 5, and after playing it on level 8 for a few weeks, playing level 5 is VERY easy!!

I think BBH has a video on youtube of him finishing it without dying too.

There is also a score list posted up by Gemant a while ago that had a score for NAM at 1,7XX,XXX, so that is 600,000 more than i got.

Its funny though Billy, i can tear it up on this game, and i held the high score on Strikers 1945 PLUS for a long time, i think i still have the high score on here for Pulstar as well, but then on Blazing Star, im hopeless. Again on Metal Slug, i have the top score on one of those, and the rest, not even close!! Everyone has a game or a few games they are exceptionally good at Wink

Gemant
ok, I return because some clarifications are necessary. WR is 1.174.700 pts. And the top western score is 1.142.100 from a french player.

The current top score by neogeoman is incorrect score (I see the photo, but there is a bug in the score for sure). 1.105.200 is impossible score with no miss. Correct score is 1.005.200. In this game not exist a special bonus if you complete the game with level 7/8 difficult, so a extra bonus of 100.000 pts is not available.

All secrets in Nam '75 are known. Is very easy explain the score and 1.105.200 with no miss lives is mathematical impossible.

ALL ABOUT NAM '75.

This game is wonderful about score. However beat the WR is near to impossible.

In this game there are 2 lives in stock + 2 lives extra for score, then there is a very hard 1up in stage 3 and very easy 1up at half of stage 6. Total 6 lives + the life in game.

After stage 1, 2, 3, 4 there is a bonus game (random appearance). With max skill is possible destroy all enemies and tanks in these bonus game, and score increase as follow:

Bonus stage 1: 23.000 pts
Bonus stage 2: 47.500 pts
Bonus stage 3: 45.000 pts
Bonus stage 4: 25.600 pts

Total 141.100 pts.

From houses and helicopters, airplane and special enemy, if destroy them, your score increase with special bonus points:

blu bonus points: 200-500
green bonus points: 1.000-3.000-5.000-8.000
yellow bonus points: 10.000

Is necessary skill and lucky to destroy all enemies in the screen and collect all bonus with max value possible (often bonus points value are random). If your play is very good, and if you complete the game with all extra bonus stage, your score will be 1.000.000~1.020.000 points about.

Special bonus of 10.000 pts is the secret of the game. Is not random, but you can obtain it if you shot in a particular moment and in a particular zone of the screen. When the 10.000 pts bonus zone appear in the screen, there is a invisible pixel that sparkle (I speak a progamming level), this invisible pixel change position many times, very repeatedly, during the scrolling. Is possible hit the pixel more times in different positions in the same zone, so you can obtain (in theory) more 10.000 bonus.

This is a super exemple:

stage 5, first 10.000 bonus:

s13.postimage.org/w41pmqxt3/NAM75_stage5_2.jpg

after little seconds, shot again in other location:

s7.postimage.org/c1teq44d7/NAM75_stage5_1.jpg

second 10.000 bonus points appear.

Stage 3: I know 3 different locations for this bonus, but maybe is possible take more times. Stage 4: I know 1 zone only and stage 5 (see images) there are sure at least 2 zones.

Is very difficult, but if you play for score, you must collect at least 1 bonus 10.000.

Well. now the situation is: 1.020.000 + at least 10.000 x 1 yellow bonus = 1.030.000.

The last secret is in stage 5 Boss. There are 3 Bosses in this area at the same time. You must kill 2 of them. The third Boss must survive. Is possible leech 30 barrels (800 pts each) and skirt the attacks's enemy.

30 barrels x 800 pts = 24.000 pts.

Then, from the up the screen appear the time over character (multiple black missiles) and is impossible survive.

You can sacrifice 5 lives in stock and leech again with last life (24.000 x 6 = 144.000 points), then you must kill the Boss and continue game in stage 6.

Therefore.... 1.030.000 + 144.000 = 1.174.000 et voila', the WR is made!

Without sacrifice pattern, is impossible made this score. The pattern for stage 5 Boss leeching is several and super risk, but is possible (I know the position).

Because sacrifice lives technique is not known... all the scores in web are always <1.020.000.

NEO-GEO man
Gemant, I got that score. Its not impossible, its quite possible, you see the screen shot.

You get 100,000 for beating Dr Muckly, and you left that out of your calcs.

I didnt do it on level 7 or 8, i did it on default, which is level 5.
Edited by NEO-GEO man on 02. June 2012 07:56

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Gemant, I got that score. Its not impossible, its quite possible, you see the screen shot.

You get 100,000 for beating Dr Muckly, and you left that out of your calcs.

I didnt do it on level 7 or 8, i did it on default, which is level 5.

Is a occasional bug in score counter, not repeatable a second time. The same appear in other games as Garou MOTW with 10.000.00+ pts because score counter become crazy.

you have 2 score in table:

1. 1.105.200 - 0 miss lives.
2. 0.999.xxx - 2 miss lives.

Because your gameplay is the same in both scores, your scores are very near (999.000, 1.005.000), and made a extra 100.000 pts is not possible if you don't know the sacrifice lives pattern. In this game not exist a special bonus to complete the game without lost lives, so now you can understand the your score is real, but with a bug in score counter.

NEO-GEO man
No mate, my game play was not the same in both scores, i dont see how you could figure that it could be... I died TWICE which means while i was DEAD, i couldnt shoot Which means i MISSED a heap of targets that i shot when i did not die.

You get 100,000 for beating Muckly, ive never beaten the game and NOT got that!!

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:
No mate, my game play was not the same in both scores, i dont see how you could figure that it could be... I died TWICE which means while i was DEAD, i couldnt shoot Which means i MISSED a heap of targets that i shot when i did not die.

You get 100,000 for beating Muckly, ive never beaten the game and NOT got that!!

if you lost 2 lives in entire game you miss some targets, ok. But how points you miss? 5.000? 7.000? not sure 100.000, ok?

I repeat:

is impossible have 1.000.000 points before the Dr. Muckly without sacrifice lives. That's all.

The mathematic is not a opinion. The WR notes are correct.

NEO-GEO man
Well, my score is what the screen shot says it is. That is what the MVS i was using at the time calculated my score to be.

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Well, my score is what the screen shot says it is. That is what the MVS i was using at the time calculated my score to be.

This is the same case of Garou Mark of the Wolves - Giby - 10,957,100... in neo-geo.com

Sorry but I not agree this time.

Exemple:

I play Metal Slug 100 times. And my scores are always in this range: 2.900.000~3.000.000. My gameplay use always the same pattern. But 1 time only I have 4.000.000 final score.

This is possible for a occasional bug. In all games is possible, but is not possible repeat a second time the same bug in score counter.

So my top score is however 3.000.000.

NEO-GEO man
Hmmmm....

Jump to Forum: