Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1536
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 21042 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
How do you feel about Kabuki Klash?
Excellent Game! Excellent Game! 26%[5 Votes]
Good but not great Good but not great 26%[5 Votes]
Average Average 5%[1 Vote]
Poor Poor 0%[0 Votes]
Damn you Lucifeller!!!!! (I broke my controller in frustration) Damn you Lucifeller!!!!! (I broke my controller in frustration) 5%[1 Vote]
I'm going to give this one a try and report back! I'm going to give this one a try and report back! 26%[5 Votes]
I'll pass I'll pass 11%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 19
 Print Thread
Kabuki Klash Discussion
Kazuya_UK
NOTE: This was a previous game of the week discussion.

Kabuki Klash:

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/game_discussion/kabuki_klash/kabuki_klash_flyer_small.jpg
^ Click for full version

Genre: One on One Fighting
Meg Count: 202 MB
Players: 1 or 2 player
Released on: MVS/CD

The Far East of Eden (Tengai Makyo) series, of which this game belongs, is a long running series in Japan.

Brief Description:

Kabuki Klash is a one on one weapons based fighting game, and part of the Far East of Eden series. For the most part the games in thisseries have been RPG's, but while the series is very popular in Japan it is relatively unknown in the west.

In many ways Kabuki Klash could be described as similar to Samurai Shodown, and while it isn't up to the same standard in terms of gameplay, it is definitely worth checking out. In cart format it's only available on the MVS, but if you can find it you should be able to pick up the cart for quite a cheap price; you could also pick up the Neo Geo CD version if you prefer. Be sure to look out for the VERY cheap bosses however!

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_41/kabukititle.jpeg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_41/kabukiintro2.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_41/kabukiselect.jpeg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_41/kabuki1.jpeg

Review:

Review by Kazuya_UK:

http://www.neogeo...page_id=47

Review Quotes:

Kazuya_UK wrote:
Basically, Kabuki Klash is an enjoyable, if flawed game. It's worthwhile playing with it for a while, but if you have a short temper then be careful, because you may end up with a broken Neo Geo or controller before too long.

Videos:

Kabuki Klash Intro & Longplay:

Part 1:

YouTube Video

Other Media

Kabuki Klash music is available in the SNK Jukebox (AST):

Click here -->
Kazuya_UK attached the following file:
kabuki_klash_b.txt [46.61kB / 137 Downloads]

Edited by Kazuya_UK on 26. July 2009 20:02
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
RiKo
Good work Kaz :1UpMushroom: Thumbs Up

I have this game but only really played it one evening. It seems like a good solid fighter though, and I have read good things about it before. I love colourful games and this is certainly that. I'm sure there is a dog in this game too, and I like characters with dogs.

I am losing my Neo Geo this week (to have a Unibios fitted) so I will miss out on playing this game for a bit, but I will give the challenge a go when it is returned to me.
Edited by RiKo on 09. February 2009 13:36
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Powerwave
there isnt much discussion going around about this game maybe ure right kaz in that its unpopular with us westerners.

NeoGeoNinja
Never played this one, and aside emulation, i doubt I ever will (unfortunately).

Looks OK. I tend to always have a soft spot for fighters though! May give it a go someday... who knows (if it's cheap enough when the time comes!)

Ninja

merlin
Kabuki Klash is a great game which really deserves to be better known. I own the game on AES but admittedly haven't spent that much time with it yet. I find the style of graphics very appealing with some great backgrounds like the underwater stage and also the stage with a hot air balloon. All the character designs are great too. There is some very nice music in the game too especially the track for Orichimaru's stage.

One thing that makes me laugh is one of the bosses Manto. he's got this really bizarre special move in which he sends a herd of animals in your direction! Grin He always seems to do it at the start of the round. Looking at the review on this site Kaz didn't seem too keen on that move!

Anyway I just want to say if you've never played Kabuki klash before then give it a try. You won't be dissapointed.

Not to 'nit-pick' or anything but I noticed Kaz that you put 'MVS/CD only release' at the top. It's also available on AES and I have a copy.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

cthulhu
I've recently bought the AES version of this game and I really like it. It's a really colorful game with great graphics and music. All of the characters are very different from each other. Great is that the game has four end bosses that are pretty difficult to beat (not impossible, but they're pretty cheap). One thing I don't like about this game that much is that although the controls are really accessable for a lot of people, I think they're a bit too simplistic...I would have liked some moves to be a bit more difficult to pull off. Apart from this, I think that it's a game that deserves more recognition...it's really fun to play.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Wonderboy
Wow, I had never even heard of this game until this thread. I'll give it a try, but I already have a feeling it's going to be average (if not below average). SNK made a lot of great fighting games, but they also have their share of average and poor ones too! Interesting choice...

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
merlin
I'm a bit surprised how little interest there has been in this current GotW. It's a quality fighting game which really deserves to be better known. Perhaps a lot of people haven't played it before. Anyway I would urge people to check it out. You won't be disappointed.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

boogiepop
I dunno, I could just never get into this game. Maybe I just need to give it a little more time to grow on me because I have no complaints concerning the presentation. Looks like a World Heroes quality title.
Born to Die

Bullet
I have the game myself for mvs and can say I do honestly like the game. I initially bought it originally cause it was a Tengai Makyou/ Far East of Eden fighter which I thought was pretty cool and still do really. It has a lot of neat little details and I like the stages and design, also I've always been fond of the red and black flash when you win a round, always thought that was really neat. The item drops that fall from the sky giving bonuses and whatnot was always interesting. I can say tho that it really hasn't spent much time at all in my 4 slot cab and that's mostly due to the fact that I'm playing one King of Fighters or another or Breakers Revenge and Blazing Star have been in my cab for a few months straight at this point. But at the very least I own it and will invest more time in it at some point, maybe its time to change up those games I guess.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Wonderboy
I'll miss the GotW while Kaz has departed Shock

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
RiKo
Maybe Kaz is actually dead but a mysterious organisation is trying to cover it up? Hmmm We will find out the truth!
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Shiny
RiKo wrote:
Maybe Kaz is actually dead but a mysterious organisation is trying to cover it up? Hmmm We will find out the truth!

My money's on G.I. Joe (Action Force) botherers Cobra.

He'll be back, we all need a break sometimes. God knows I do from time to time.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

boogiecat
I've owned one of the AES carts for this game and its a great game...A must buy and play for Neo Geo fans...

STE C
Its got charm ive always kinda liked it , unfortunately its lacking a good variety of special moves which can make it a bit tedious. I would suggest picking it up if you see it at a reasonable price its ok in my book

Neo Beast
I played the Rom a few years back on my pc using winkawaks. I am actually planning on getting this for my Neogeo cd console this week. I tried to hunt down a Aes Cart version but i wasn't going pay around $300 for it, Its a Good Game but not that great to folk out alot of cash for it. The Cd Version is around the $50 mark so i settle for the Cd version instead of the Cart. Its a pity i haven't got a Consolized Mvs, it's pretty cheap the cart without the full kit.

Wild Tengu
Its a funny game, but it plays terrible. I dislike how you start out with full power and you can take like 50% of your opponents life with a single super attack seconds after the round began. The combo system is also pretty borked. Tsunade is probably the most borked character in the game.

http://youtube.com/RunningWildVidya
Neo Beast
Wild Tengu wrote:
Its a funny game, but it plays terrible. I dislike how you start out with full power and you can take like 50% of your opponents life with a single super attack seconds after the round began. The combo system is also pretty borked. Tsunade is probably the most borked character in the game.

That's what disappointed me with the game. it was funny tho but i kinda choose Waku Waku 7 over it. But its still good to add to my collection ( which i need to post on the site )

Jump to Forum: