Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1486
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2896 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Working on this project
Kazuya_UK
Bit of work done with something that ws suggested in the site survey.

"Extra info on back ground of developers of certain games etc"

I have started working on an SNK developer database. I'll try and cram in as much info as I can, along with pictures, videos and links to reviews of all the games they made. I have written quite a lot already, but it's only about 20% done right now I would say as I still need to gather all the media together. Hopefully it will be interesting to people.

If anyone would like to lend a bit of a hand that would be great, but I don't mind completing it myself. If there's something you think should be included in there however please let me know! Thumbs Up

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
merlin
That would be a really nice addition to the site. Thumbs Up That must be quite a bit of work though. Are you going to cover every single developer or just the main ones?

It would be nice to have some info on the site about developers like Saurus and Visco. I know very little about them except that they made some great games of course.

RiKo
Good work Kaz Thumbs Up I don't know too much about SNK developers. I remember reading that Pulstar was written by some of the team who wrote the original R-Type (after they left Irem ) so you might want to look into that (it could just be a rumour someone started though)

I am looking forward to hearing especially about Yumekobo because they make real good shooters, and I'd like to know their background. I am also interested in ADK.

Keep going Kaz - we are looking forward to reading your work.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Kazuya_UK
I'm gonna cover every single developer on the Neo Geo. To be honest you can find out a lot of info about most of the developers with a google search, but I'm trying to do as much research as I can so all the info can be in one place along with screenshots and more, and links to the companies websites and more (if they even exist anymore, which in many cases they don't). It's very complicated with some of them though... like the whole Aicom and Yumekobo thing for instance. I'm trying to be as accurate as I can but there will always be room to change/add stuff later on.

I couldn't do anything yesterday as I was very sick, but I did some more today. I'm a little over halfway through writing stuff about each developer. Once I am done I'll gather all the screenshots and other media that I need. Smile

Kaz

Powerwave
sounds like a real good idea kaz keeep it upJoe

Kazuya_UK
Getting there... done lots more work today and added some interesting info for some of the developers. Trying to cram in as much as I can but of course there will be room for improvement in the future... it's very hard to find info on some developers as many no longer exist and they perhaps only produced a handful of titles. Some of the pages might not have a massive amount of info but I'm going to do what I can!

Kaz

Kazuya_UK
In case anyone is wondering, I'm stil doing lots of writing for this. I have details written for almost all companies now, but I am currently on SNK, which of course is taking quite a long time to write as I need to condense the history of the company (as well as SNKP) down as much as I can, and only feature the main important parts.

Once I have done all the writing I'll start putting everything together properly with pictures and video. I should have something to show by the end of the week! Anyone want an advance preview? Could do with a few people checking it out before it's open officially, as it's possible I might have missed one or two things, or made minor mistakes. Would like to be as accurate as possible.

Kaz

SteveDave
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Anyone want an advance preview? Could do with a few people checking it out before it's open officially, as it's possible I might have missed one or two things, or made minor mistakes. Would like to be as accurate as possible

I wouldn't mind seeing a preview Joe
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

Atomduck
have you gotten to Yumekobo yet?

NeoGeoNinja
Hey Kaz... NINJA NINJA TIME Ninja

I'm no suck up mate, but it's really good of you to do this for, well, literally everyone... not just 'us' guys. On behalf of the world... thanks - especially seeming as this is taking up your own time and its on a non-profit basis. I do obviously understand you have a real passion for the NGeo, and that you wouldn't even contemplate going to all this effort if you didnt want to.

I'd loved to have helped, but I've got a new job right now and to make up for my current 'financial situation' I'm doing sh*tloads of freelance stuff atm.

If you have time, please drop me a preview of whats what and I'd be happy to put a bit of time aside to take a look through and give it a 'proof-read' if you will. I'm no expert on Neo history I'm afraid... but I'll do my best.

If you want me to take a peek, drop me a PM and let me know what's what!

Hope your feeling better too?

Ninja

Kazuya_UK
SteveDave wrote:
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Anyone want an advance preview? Could do with a few people checking it out before it's open officially, as it's possible I might have missed one or two things, or made minor mistakes. Would like to be as accurate as possible

I wouldn't mind seeing a preview Joe

OK cool! Once I have some stuff online I'll shoot you a pm about it! Smile

Atomduck wrote:
have you gotten to Yumekobo yet?

Kind of... while I've not written all their details yet, they were mentioned a little in one of the other company histories. I'm doing them alphabetically, so Yumekobo will be one of the last! Smile

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Hey Kaz... NINJA NINJA TIME Ninja

I'm no suck up mate, but it's really good of you to do this for, well, literally everyone... not just 'us' guys. On behalf of the world... thanks - especially seeming as this is taking up your own time and its on a non-profit basis. I do obviously understand you have a real passion for the NGeo, and that you wouldn't even contemplate going to all this effort if you didnt want to.

Hehe no worries... I enjoy working on the site anyway when I have time for it, that's why it's still here after 10 years. It's always fun posting here and I've made tons of good friends out of it, so I can't complain! Grin

I'd loved to have helped, but I've got a new job right now and to make up for my current 'financial situation' I'm doing sh*tloads of freelance stuff atm.

If you have time, please drop me a preview of whats what and I'd be happy to put a bit of time aside to take a look through and give it a 'proof-read' if you will. I'm no expert on Neo history I'm afraid... but I'll do my best.

If you want me to take a peek, drop me a PM and let me know what's what!

I will do... once there's something online I'll shoot you a PM too! Thumbs Up

Hope your feeling better too?

Ninja

Yea, I went back to work today, thankfully that nasty stomach bug I had has cleared up too and I feel human again. Was not nice, lol!

Kaz

The eccentric cat
This sounds like a lot of work, Kaz! I really wish I could help. :\ ... Oh! I can point you to MobyGames! Not sure how much that'll help, heh. Pfft

Just out of curiosity, will you be covering the SNK music composers as well? I really would love to know who did Esaka(94), or Spread the Wings(Garou).

Good luck!

... And, if you need a break...

SATA ANDAGI!!!
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Kazuya_UK
The eccentric cat wrote:
This sounds like a lot of work, Kaz! I really wish I could help. :\ ... Oh! I can point you to MobyGames! Not sure how much that'll help, heh. Pfft

That's one of the places I have done a quick couple of searches on to check on some info, but I've used tons of different sites as a reference, as well as my own knowledge. Smile

Just out of curiosity, will you be covering the SNK music composers as well? I really would love to know who did Esaka(94), or Spread the Wings(Garou).

Good luck!

That's a very good idea, I'm not the most knowledgeable on composers though, but it's something we could look at. It would also be a great idea to do something similar for SNK's various artists.Hmmm, gonna do some thinking on this.

One idea that I have is that this section could be done using a Wikipedia style engine... I can install the same software that they use. It would make it nice and easy to edit and although I wouldn't open editing to the general public, I could give access to others that want to help out so the database of developers, composers, artists and more could grow as we go along. I did mess with this as an SNK character database and a few of us did some work, but it was too big a project at the time unfortunately. It would be do-able for this however...

... And, if you need a break...

SATA ANDAGI!!!

LOL! Man I'd love some of that right now, had my Japanese lesson tonight and then went for a 2 hour session at the gym, and I am starving now! I want SATA ANDAGI!!!!!! Angry

Kaz

Midian
The eccentric cat wrote:
Spread the Wings(Garou).

Robert Miles Grin
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Jump to Forum: