Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Ruderudie
Thread ID: 1465
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3504 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
A little intro talk from a new member
Ruderudie
Recently i've been checking out ngfl more then ng.com because i needed some reviews that ng.com doesn't have a lot, and i figured i might as well register because this place is also all about the Neo and that's always great!

I'm 24 now, but the Neo virus already hit me when i was about 7 years old around '91. All of a sudden my snes got degraded by some new system that actually made it able to play arcade games at home, but of course it was way to expensive and therefore still not possible for me to get the system. As a die hard 2d beat 'em up fan i did buy all the (more or less) shitty Takara conversions for the snes and sometimes played the real deal in the arcade, mainly samsho, aof, super sidekicks, ms and ffs.

About 3-4 years ago (i think) i finally bought my first MVS cab, an old woody. Having the stuff at home that you could only dream of back in the days was still amazing, and the Neo virus (as you guys probably know) develops fast. I thereafter bought a top loader, absolutely loved that too. Then I bought an AES, and a little bit later i've let someone make me a custom consolized MVS. That made the AES useless, so i sold it again. Games were too expensive for me, i'm just not prepared to pay $200+ for a case and booklet. I've put all my MVS carts in shocks, looks better than the real deal if you ask me.

I sold the woody and ordered a new astro from Killercabs (RIP), which is absolutely the best purchase i've made that year. Put a single slot MVS in it, an extra department for the CPS2 stuff and a 1*** in 1 board for the stuff not worth buying pcb's for or stuff that's cool but too expensive to buy original (the CPS1.5 stuff for example;C&D, punisher)

O yeah, forgot to say that i sold my top loader in some weak moment i had, totally regret it, and now have a front loader coming. Never will sell it again, connected to the surround system all the games sound just incredible. Loading doesn't bother me because i only play the early games; mainly shooters and fighters without the every character loads. And of course windjammers and street hoop, 2 of my all time favorites on the cd.

So, this has turned out to be a bit longer than expected, see you guys around on the forum then!

priest
Welcome to NGFL member #500, RuderudieSmile

Its good to see another cab owner joining the pack.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Ruderudie
Pretty cool i'm member 500. And yes, owning a cab is about as Neo as you can get! I'm of course also a big Capcom fanatic, but wasn't really sure to say such things here. On ng.com it would be severly punished i'm sure.

Powerwave
dont worry were all big fans of capcom aswell its not a sin its away of life

merlin
Hi Ruderudie. Welcome to the forums. Smile

I agree with you about Street Hoop/Dunk Dream. I really love playing that game. Regarding the Neo Geo CD yes I also agree the loading times aren't that bad for a lot of games especially the early ones.

Like Powerwave said we love Capcom at this site so feel free to talk about them as much as you want. They have produced a lot of brilliant games.

boogiepop
Welcome to the boards lucky member 500! It sounds like you've already been on the buy, sell, regret roller-coaster a bit. Nice to hear you plan on keeping the cd system this time around. I've never owned one myself but have always wondered about that extra course in Turf Masters.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

SteveDave
The lucky 500th Ruderudie, welcome to the forums!

Very jealous of that Punisher game Grin
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

RiKo
Welcome Rudierudie! - you have had a lot of equipment. I never sell any of my consoles (unless I really don't like them!) because I know I will miss them someday - and try to buy them again.

I wish I had a cab - but I don't have the space - you are very lucky.

Have a good time here Grin
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Ruderudie
Thanks guys, this is a really great welcome. I'm sure that I'll be around for a long time here, i wonder why it never occurred to me to register earlier.

Well about the Neo cd, i sold it because it was kind of useless when you have a cab and consolized MVS. A short time later i really missed it and realised it's not about usefulness at all, but just plain emotion. Now with the front loader i feel like it's actually an improvement over the top loader, cause the thing is so friggin' huge and bad-ass looking. As mentioned, the music is also 10 times better than on the cab, and also better than the CMVS. Actually, it's awesome.

BTW i finished law school 2 months ago, now i'm going on a trip with a friend of mine, starting the 19th of January. First a week Hong Kong, then 2 months Australia (From Melbourne to Cairns) and finally 3 weeks Japan. So i won't post much during this period, but will definitely return, and with some great (Neo) stuff from Japan, that's for sure. I'll miss the SF4 release, but will be sure to have some SF4 Vewlix action in Japan!

cthulhu
Welcome...always nice to see more people from the Netherlands here (not too many of us around here). I think I've seen your name pop up on the Nozomi forum (never registered there, because I'm too busy here)...got my second New Astro through the left overs of the deal on that forum (bought it from Marktplaats).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Mr Vengeance
Welcome my friend Smile

I was a bit funny myself about talking Capcom on here at the beginning just in case... its cool that you guys like them too. Whilst I have moved on from my Street Fighter lovin' days (onto bigger and better things!) I still enjoy playing Capcom fighters from time to time for the laugh, and will buy Street Fighter IV on day one when it comes out.

Prefer to get Garou: MOTW though..... Grin
Edited by Mr Vengeance on 07. January 2009 21:26

cthulhu
Mr Vengeance wrote:
Welcome my friend Smile

I was a bit funny myself about talking Capcom on here at the beginning just in case... its cool that you guys like them too. Whilst I have moved on from my Street Fighter lovin' days (onto bigger and better things!) I still enjoy playing Caocom fighters from time to time for the laugh, and will buy Street Fighter IV on day one when it comes out.

Prefer to get Garou: MOTW though..... Grin

Believe me, Garou: Mark of the Wolves is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Street Fighter IV.
My arcade stuff

Atomduck
Welcome Ruderudie! And congrats to Kaz for NGFL for getting its #500th member! Enjoy your stay and I like your Avatar!

Ruderudie
@ CTHULHU: Yes indeed, i'm also active on the Nozomi forum (Dutch Jap and arcade forum) and also on the "new" Killercabs, arcadeotaku.com.

Personally, i like Garou a lot, but i just prefer the Real bout series. RB special is just a lot faster, i like the classic vibrant colors, the atmosphere and the fact that it stays true to the FF theme more. But really, any Neo owner should own both, as they are just must haves and obviously the best fighters on the system. Buy it!

NeoGeoNinja
Hey RudeRudie... welcome to the NGFL forums.

If you like SNK/NeoGeo & indeed Capcom... DAMN, you're gonna enjoy being around these parts!

See you in the forums my friend!

Ninja

cthulhu
Ruderudie: Yeah, I've also seen your name on Arcade Otaku...I come there regularly to check the arcade tech posts to see if I can learn anything...have only posted there twice or so.
I too prefer the Real Bout Garou Densetsu series over Garou: Mark of the Wolves, but I prefer RBGD 2 over RBGD Special.
My arcade stuff

Ruderudie
Yeah that's kind of personal, I like the intro's and more atmospheric character of RBS better. Gameplay wise, RB2 is a little better and really good for some fast paced action.
I do miss some moves from RBS, but all in all RB2 is props the better game of the 2 from an objective point of view. Both games are outstanding though, highly recommended to every Neo owner!

Kazuya_UK
Welcome Rudie - sorry to reply so late but thanks for signing up to the site. Hope you are enjoying it here! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Jump to Forum: