Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: RiKo
Thread ID: 1409
Thread Info
There are 185 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 37954 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Forum Member's Meals
cthulhu
RiKo wrote:

Holy Smoke! those are some great meals. I need to go to Japan, and that pancake restaurant. What's on that pancake exactkly Cthulhu? looks like pineapple and cheese but not sure.

It's apple, brie, rucola (rocket?), pecan nuts, bacon and honey. Last time I was there I had a pancake with Thai green curry, scampi, chili peppers and more curry related toppings.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Sounds good Cthulhu. I'm really in the mood for eating some pannenkoeken now!

DarakuTenshi wrote:

I've not seen a Pannekoeken in over a decade.

A whole decade without pannenkoeken?!? A cruel fate indeed. Shock

RiKo I was just reading about some ramen places in London. I haven't tried them myself but they might be worth a look next time you're in London. Tonkotsu in Soho seems to be highly regarded.

http://www.timeou...ramen-bars

http://metro.co.u...y-4145222/

Sensi
merlin wrote:

That pancake looks really good Cthulhu. Yummy I really love pannenkoeken!! I remember going to a pancake restaurant not far from Leiden with some relatives last year. I had a large one with 'spek' and covered in 'stroop'.

Pannenkoeken, spek, stroop, Leiden........It's almost staying at a Dutch forum.
I feel right at home Grin
Merlin, I live in Leiden, nice cosy place don't you agree?
If I won't forget, I will post something in the future, I have some things in my mind.

merlin
Sensi wrote:

Pannenkoeken, spek, stroop, Leiden........It's almost staying at a Dutch forum.
I feel right at home Grin
Merlin, I live in Leiden, nice cosy place don't you agree?
If I won't forget, I will post something in the future, I have some things in my mind.

Leiden is such a lovely city. Must be a very nice place to live Sensi. My mother was born in Leiden and from a young age I've spent many holidays there. I still have an aunt living there. I always particularly enjoyed going to the Leidse Hout and Molen De Valk.

I love Dutch food and drink especially chocomel, speculaas, vla, hagelslag, kroketten and pannenkoeken. My favourite thing to eat in Nederland though is definitely poffertjes. I think Sensi or Cthulhu should post a photo of some poffertjes in this thread!

cthulhu
merlin wrote:
Leiden is such a lovely city. Must be a very nice place to live Sensi. My mother was born in Leiden and from a young age I've spent many holidays there. I still have an aunt living there. I always particularly enjoyed going to the Leidse Hout and Molen De Valk.

I love Dutch food and drink especially chocomel, speculaas, vla, hagelslag, kroketten and pannenkoeken. My favourite thing to eat in Nederland though is definitely poffertjes. I think Sensi or Cthulhu should post a photo of some poffertjes in this thread!

My father was born in Leiden and it's indeed a very nice city, haven't been there that often though apart from having some courses in pathology at the Hogeschool Leiden.
Next time I'm having poffertjes, I'll take a picture...I know a good poffertjes restaurant in Rotterdam.
My arcade stuff

NeoGeoNinja
cthulhu wrote:

Here's what I had at a pancake restaurant today:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/_DSC5192.jpg

It's apple, brie, rucola (rocket?), pecan nuts, bacon and honey. Last time I was there I had a pancake with Thai green curry, scampi, chili peppers and more curry related toppings.

My. God.

This looks/sounds... amazing!

Incidentally, as far as my friend informs me, you can get 'Spek', right here off the shelves in the UK:

maxcdn.coffeeandvanilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lotus-spread-400.jpg

Oh yes! Have always been a fan of the biscuits, but the spread is new to us in the UK (only available since last year) Yummy
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
My. God.

This looks/sounds... amazing!

Incidentally, as far as my friend informs me, you can get 'Spek', right here off the shelves in the UK:

maxcdn.coffeeandvanilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lotus-spread-400.jpg

Oh yes! Have always been a fan of the biscuits, but the spread is new to us in the UK (only available since last year) Yummy

Spek = Bacon. That jar has what we call speculaas in it...great stuff! Only "Bastogne" by Lu is more evil...just have to eat more than one at a time...
My arcade stuff

Sensi
I have tried out some Japanese beer (Iki Beer). The flavour is so so, but it doesn't mean I don't like it. Does anyone know how famous this one is?
And what does Yuzu mean?

s29.postimg.org/ayben6pmf/DSCN1852.jpg

cthulhu
Maybe this? http://en.wikiped.../wiki/Yuzu
I've seen Iki beer a lot in Japan, along with Asahi.
My arcade stuff

merlin
cthulhu wrote:
My father was born in Leiden and it's indeed a very nice city, haven't been there that often though apart from having some courses in pathology at the Hogeschool Leiden.
Next time I'm having poffertjes, I'll take a picture...I know a good poffertjes restaurant in Rotterdam.

Dordrecht also seems like a very nice place Cthulhu. I remember going there once. That would be cool if you post a pic of some poffertjes. I'm thinking of maybe buying an electric poffertjes maker. I remember once I actually bought poffertjes in the high street here in Lincoln. There were some stalls selling Dutch and French food and there was a Dutch man selling poffertjes.

I love those lotus biscuits but didn't know about that spread Ninja. Will have to give that a try. I always buy lots of speculaas from Lidl at Christmas time.

Hope to see more people posting their meals! Headbang

cthulhu
Bought some poffertjes for my son, so finally I have a picture of them:

lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZL747SOqOX4/U5sgxYigP8I/AAAAAAAAAlg/-SZAS_toxaM/w957-h657-no/Poffertjes.jpg
My arcade stuff

merlin
Nice to see a photo of some poffertjes in this thread Cthulhu. They look good! I want some poffertjes now! Yummy

NeoGeoNinja
It's been a VERY long time since I've contributed to this very thread, however, this evening, seeing as the weather has been pleasant and all, we went with a more mediterranean theme for our evening snack...

s4.postimg.org/62ymiy1vh/The_Meal.jpg

Grilled Halloumi
Bell Peppers with Soft Cheese
Chorizo
Blue Cheese
Sundried Tomatoes

Yeah. It was phenomenal... Yummy
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
Looks very tasty!
My arcade stuff

RiKo
I forgot to post this here, but this is a meal I had at KFC during the World cup. It was the usual case of there being a big difference between the picture of the meal used in the advertising and the food I actually got...

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/Photo-0312bpic2_zps37df9c57.jpg
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
LIFE_IN_2D
Lol.

The fast food industry and it's misleading pictures of it's food.

You should have pulled a "Falling Down".

YouTube Video

TIME TO PAY!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

shion
Pizza
shion attached the following image:
screen_shot_2014-10-02_at_23248_pm.png

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
shion