Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1396
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 15542 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
What's your opinion on this weeks Game of the Week, Cyber Lip?
A Neo classic A Neo classic 13%[3 Votes]
Not bad Not bad 39%[9 Votes]
Horrible Horrible 9%[2 Votes]
John Connor would do a better job of taking down these android scum! John Connor would do a better job of taking down these android scum! 17%[4 Votes]
This isn't one I've played... I'll give it a try and report back! This isn't one I've  played... I'll give it a try and report back! 17%[4 Votes]
Not interested in this one! Not interested in this one! 4%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 23
 Print Thread
Cyber Lip Discussion
Kazuya_UK
Game FAQ attached - see the end of this post. Do people want me to attach FAQ's to these threads more often?

Please vote in the Cyber Lip poll above! ^

NOTE: This was a previous GotW thread!

Cyber Lip:

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/game_discussion/cyber_lip/cyber_lip_flyer_small.jpg
^ Click for full version

Genre: Platform Shoot 'em Up
Meg Count: 50 MB
Players: 1 or 2 player
Released on: Home/MVS/CD

Brief Description:

What do you get when you cross Contra with The Terminator? Cyber Lip is the answer. A malfunctioning military computer that is in charge of all military androids must be stopped from taking over the world. Our diagonal shooting impaired heroes, Rick and Brook, step in to take it down.

Cyber Lip is an old game, but considered to be a classic by many, and it definitely looked impressive for its time. Apparently ex Irem members worked on this game, and they went on to work on Metal Slug. Whatever your opinion on Cyber Lip it should still be seen as an important title; a stepping stone towards said game.

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_22/photo_172.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_22/photo_173.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_22/photo_174.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_22/photo_175.jpg

Review:

Review by Kazuya_UK:

http://www.neogeo...page_id=28

Videos:

In Game Footage:

YouTube Video

Other Media

Cyber Lip music available in the SNK Jukebox!

Click here -->

You can also play the music from stage 1 here:

MP3

High Score Challenge

We are running a high score challenge on Cyber Lip! Check out our high score challenge forum for more info if you think you can set a high score in the game! Grin

http://www.neogeo...orum_id=25
Kazuya_UK attached the following file:
cyber_lip_1.txt [23.88kB / 95 Downloads]

Edited by Kazuya_UK on 14. December 2008 20:17
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
priest
OK Ill go first then...This was the first AES cart I got. I found my AES along with this cart at a market place it were amongst some second (or third) hand toys so it were a simple coincident that I found it. Now to the game...

I really like the style of this games some of the alien enemy sprites look really good and I think Metal slug creators got some inspiration from this game too.

The game can be really difficult at times. But with infinite continues as this game has, anyone can finish it. You do however lose your score once its Game over.

Cyber lip a "run-and-gun-game" which belongs at the top with the best of them like Contra and Metal slug seriesThumbs Up

The cover art is really appealing too IMO.
Edited by priest on 08. December 2008 08:54
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
RiKo
I don't have this game, but I've been watching the video footage - it does look a lot like Contra! I really like the end of level boss - I've seen a screenshot of him before - but I never knew where it was from - until now.

It does look a little dated gfx wise, but I would definitely like to play this game one day, to see how it plays.

I love that it has the classic white-guy black-guy buddy system too - like all games in the early 90s.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
rbelmonte171
A great example that graphics aren't everything in a game because the graphics are just ok but the fun factor is great...Bob

Neo_Dan
I have never played this game but would be interested in buying it if I saw it cheap somewhere as I love run n gun games. Looks like it could be fun in 2 player mode.

Will
The storyline is very different from what anyone would expect. When I first heard of it, I was expecting it to be another fighter or shooter, but a platformer is an occasional genre for in Neo-Geo. The doors you enter to take a reload are quite a relief. My favourite weapons are Automatic pulse gun, the Flamethrower and the Bazooka. The Spreader and the grenades are no good to me. The best part of the game, is that its one of the few Neo-Geo games to contain dialogues voiced.

reelmojo
I have yet to play this one. I'll have to try it out because I love Metal Slug and if this is a precursor to that series then it's a very important part of gaming history.

THX-1138
It's charming in a way, with the hilarious Engrish and everything... But i would have felt so cheated if i'd have paid 200 plus for this when it came out when i could have bought far, far superior run n' gun shooters like Contra 3 or Gunstar Heroes for a quater of the price. Sorry guys, but along with the likes of Magician Lord, Burning Fight and Blue's Journey, this is one of those arly Neo Geo stinkers if you ask me.
castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/links/logos/m-dracxj.gif

Eggy
I haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard and seen so far, it seems to be a horrible contra-rip off. I won't buy it, I won't even play it, it doesn't look like fun at all. I mean, look, it doesn't even have diagonal shooting! they also stole the first contra 3/super probotector boss. and now, after I cursed this game, let me turn around and shiver in disgust.
*shiver*
ps:at least I won't vote in the poll. I haven't played it, so I can't judge it right.
but please try not to make me play this. I don't want to. but if you want to hate me for my opinion, that's okay, I can live with that^^
EDIT: well, voting that I'm not interersted should be alright^^
Edited by Eggy on 07. December 2008 20:34
card.mygamercard.net/DE/DerWahreEGGY.png

zockerseele.de.tl
SteveDave
Cyber-Lip is alright in my book. Sure there are WAY better titles out there, but for the price it's a good little game to start out with.

Would I have payed full price for Cyber Lip back in the day? Hell no.

The Engrish is pretty good too Grin
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

THX-1138
And it has a fun twist at the end...Smile
castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/links/logos/m-dracxj.gif

Raiken
I've never actually played this to be honestNinja I'll have to give it a try later.
oi39.tinypic.com/2mzw2rs.jpg

HexElf
This game is an okay shooter but I wouldn't put it in the same league as Metal Slug. It has a nice cartoony style that works well even with the rather limited graphics and it plays pretty well too . The alternate paths and the sort of jet ski that you can use for a while upon respawning are nice but the alternate weapons mostly feel a bit redundant. The best part I think is the cool ending while the worst part would be that a mere Snes ccould easily outdo this title in terms of graphics which is rare for the format.

Overall it's a nice title and it usually comes with an affordable price tag as well but I would pick several games (including Magician Lord, 8 Man and any Slug) over this one.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
cthulhu
I really don't know what to think of this game...now the graphics are quite dated, but then again they might have been pretty good when the game first came out. Even though the fun factor is high at first, but this game doesn't hold my attention for very long so I get bored with it. I guess it's not a bad game, and even though I don't like to compare different games with each other, I have to say that I prefer Contra the Hard Corps and any Metal Slug game over this one.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Jump to Forum: