Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 1395
Thread Info
There are 71 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 20569 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cyber Lip: NGFL High Score Challenge
NEO-GEO man
Im glad you posted this before i did!! I dont like to be the one to call some one out, but i dont see how this is the case either. It seems strange that you just got that score, and along comes Ella Hime, who seems to be somewhat the side scrolling shooter queen.

Seems that each game is done with an emulator and each game is completed without dying or without continuing... Now that is not an impossible task, but pretty bloody close to it.

Id love to see a video of this!!

So how about it Ella Hime? You got a mobile phone and a friend that can video you playing?

NEO-GEO man
That didnt come out right... Playing THE GAMES!!! Wink

Murikov
RiKo wrote:
Normally i would congratulate someone who did so well at a game but.....I'm going to be very honest now and say that i dont trust Ella_hime. I havent for a while. I'm sorry to say this but she has 1 *gold* medal for every 5 posts she has made in this forum. So what might her motivation be for joining this site?

Wow what are these things all about? The medals are so cute. Can I have one as well? I also notice some of the avatars have medals. Gimme gimme <3

Ah, so i really need to play some games and when i beat a score on that game, I will gain a medal. Wow so that will be the system. Maybe I may not be able to achieve medals because of the scores, I may not be able to beat them *sob sob ><

Rough translation : 'I will get a gold medal for every game I enter'

Also the whole cute act is very fake and OTT. <3's every 4 sentences and Tee Hee when you are 21? really? we all know girls/ladies in real life. Now watch them when they are on the internet. do they act like that? No! lol.

She must be incredibly good at these games - and know them inside out and *yet* she never wants to discuss them - and actually make some forum posts that are not in the HSC? I find this very strange...

I also have issues with Will. His post in the Cyberlip Challenge is highly suspicious. besides the huge score which is not possible without cheating. WTF? he talked a lot about the game (as people who cheat tend to do to make it sound like they are not cheating) and then said the grenades and spreader are useless. Anyone who is good at this game and got as far as he did would have to use these weapons. After getting good at this game myself and then reading that post - it rang alarm bells for me. Will has a lot of medals so this worries me.....

As for me losing my gold medal, that's not the issue. Im pleased i had one for a little while at least. and i know i got mine honourably. Maybe Ella_hime got hers honourably too but how can i trust someone who just joins the site to play the HSC?

Dont worry Priest, this has nothing to do with you and how you run the High Score Challenge. I am just saying what i think. After what happened with Stray and OHA i dont trust anyone who isnt a forum regular.

This seems indeed strange, Riko. Perhaps it may be also a misunderstanding of using multiple credits instead of only one. This could explain why she/he always completed the referred games. Everything is possible (and also a faithfully achieved High Score).
Why not asking herself how the wind blows?

And just out of interest; is there a reason why everyone states Ella-Hime as a she? It first might seem obvious, resulting from his/her avatar and statements such as

Ella-hime wrote: Now I can finally use my favorite character, FIO yay! I wish I could be her. Got the body and got the beauty so KAWAII. Here is my score and finished the game. Again, hand sore becuase too much practice. OHH! my nails...

But after all it was never stated clearly as far as I know. You never know these days (really sorry if it sounds insulting). Hmm
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
Thanks for your support NeoGeoMan Thumbs Up i felt bad calling her out but its too suspicious not to.

Murikov - you could be right - maybe she didnt understand the rules and is using save states?. but lets see what she says. As for being female - she did say in her welcome thread :

@CAT: I thought I am one the maids here coz I am one of the gals around here I guess. Tea? I love it <3

Although having said that - she could just playing the character of a cute girl. I remember Robotron (a forum member here now sadly passed-away) used to play a stern robot type character on the forums.
Edited by RiKo on 06. August 2011 19:19
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
She cant be using more credits, not on Cyber Lip cause it resets score with each continue, Metal Slug does not reset, BUT it does add 1 point for each time you continue, and there is nothing in the games you can shoot to give you 1 point, so it would be easy to pick up on anyone using more than 1 credit in alot of games ( bar ninja combat! )

Gemant
I don't know if Ella Hime score is real or save & load score, but 360.000 for Cyber Lip is normal score for a all clear. So I can believe without problems that can be real score. Moreover this game is not so difficult and score up to 400.000 is natural, because there are some random zones, where is possible made more points (danger zone x 4 and multiple Boss at the end of the game).

The real difficult is pass the 400.000 barrier, because required advanced knowledge and dangerous pattern with sacrifice of the lives.

NEO-GEO man
Gemant, i dont question the scores, what i do question is that it is always a clear run straight through, finished the game and no other score is ever submitted.

This is the reason i question it, there are some crazy scores people post at times, myself included, i remember being hung for scores on the other forum that others couldnt get, so they mustve been bullshit so they said. Yet i look at the list you post up and some of those scores make mine look small.

For example someone on your list beat my FF2 score by a whopping 47,000,000 points, and i only got just over 1,000,000!!

I remember how many times i did Samurai Shodown and was told by a few i was cheating and had versus points in there, yet that was bullshit, and ive since beat that score by over 100,000 points.

They told me the scores i posted were not possible.

This isnt what we are saying here, we are not questioning possible, we are questioning methods. No score submitted, then suddenly within a day or 2 of someone else posting a score, there is a score to beat that score.

She may very well be throwing straight dice, but id love to see a video of her playing ( the games ) and see how she does it!!

Gemant
NEO-GEO man wrote:

For example someone on your list beat my FF2 score by a whopping 47,000,000 points, and i only got just over 1,000,000!!

Real score in FF2 is max 1.740.000 points. 40m are possible because there is a bug that work with Kim and Big Bear only. If you use certain pattern you can obtain 10.000.000 point for each round, for max 4 rounds in game.

NEO-GEO man wrote:
I remember how many times i did Samurai Shodown and was told by a few i was cheating and had versus points in there, yet that was bullshit, and ive since beat that score by over 100,000 points.

Because usually the normal players don't know the score limit in the games (world record) and best pattern to obtain max score possible are unknown. So many players don't believe when a score is too high.

I have a suggest for Hella Hime. Made a wolfmame replay at least one time, is best way to show her skill.

NEO-GEO man
Yes, id be happy with that, for sure.

My FF2 score is not that high be a long shot!!

Here is the list i wasnt talking about as you posted on the other forum:
http://www.netpac...oscore.htm

441.700 for Cyber Lip.

Gemant
441.700 is the actual and real world record. Is very hard (almost impossible ) beat it, because is very near to perfection. Whichever score higher than this, is fake. So I can confirm that old Will's score (2.500.000) was a joke.

NEO-GEO man
HAHAHA!! 2.5 mil!! Where was i when this was posted?

Gemant
Will wrote:

My score is 2,572,200

Keep going I know you can make it! Thumbs Up

Probably is a mistake of this player, because his real score could be 257.200 points.

priest
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Gemant, i dont question the scores, what i do question is that it is always a clear run straight through, finished the game and no other score is ever submitted.

...That may be a valid question but on the other hand, we donŽt know how much she / he actually practises before entering the HSC with a score. Not everyone choose to publish their advances but simply posts a score when its "good enough".

Ella-Hime: It would be good if you could make a statement on the issue...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
RiKo wrote:
I'm going to be very honest now and say that i dont trust Ella_hime. I havent for a while.

Although I haven't mentioned it before I feel exactly the same RiKo. It just seems a bit odd with the infrequent posting, the whole cute act and 'I wish I could get one of those cute little medals' etc. Ella hime doesn't really come across in his/her posts like some hardcore Metal Slug expert.

I do trust Will though. I think that huge score was just an honest mistake on his part like Gemant already suggested.

NEO-GEO man
Cant say i know Will...

NEO-GEO man
merlin wrote:
Ella hime doesn't really come across in his/her posts like some hardcore Metal Slug expert.

No, but if nothing else, and she IS this good, i really want to see a video, cause her scores on Slug 2 and X are 4 million points higher than everyone elses.

So come on Ella Hime, get to filming!! I need your input in my Metal Slug secrets thread!! Its quite obvious from your scores you know something alot of others dont, and sharing is caring!!

RiKo
I have always trusted Will in the past but this worried me because why didnt he just say that he added an extra zero by mistake and resubmit the score? im sure i typed in a score wrong once in one of the challenges and i corrected it in my next post. Also Will said :

The Spreader and the grenades I consider useless. The bazooka I save for bosses. The flamethrower came in handy against the aliens. It was game over for me at the penultimate stage after the computer tells you it is not insane but evilly programmed. I was surprised that you had to face the previous bosses not unlike refighting the robot masters in the "Mega Man" Classic and X series.

The spreader is very useful (almost essential in fact) in the vertically scrolling stage and also is very useful on the Aliens stage with some of the waves of the flying aliens. Without the spreader it can be ultra-hard to get through certain areas. Will passed both of these stages and said Cyberlip was easier than he expected so this worried me. Also the grenades work great against the 'centipede' type boss (see that video Priest posted) and you need then in the boss rush at the end because you run out of bazookas pretty fast.

As for Ella-Hime. she has seems to have posted her score and she hasnt logged in since. We might be waiting some time for a reply.....
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
She'll be back, she loves it here with us.

If youre meaning the WIDE shot, its a beast of a gun, and i f***en love it.

priest
WeŽll see...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Gemant
Because Hella Hime was a fake account of OHA, now the first position can be deleted, because the score was sure 100% made with invinicibility of Kawacks emulator.

Jump to Forum: