Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 1377
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6087 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Crossed Swords... great game or instantly forgettable?
Excellent! Excellent! 40%[6 Votes]
It's not bad/ok for the time It's not bad/ok for the time 40%[6 Votes]
Poor! Poor! 0%[0 Votes]
Crossed Swords 2 is better, shame it only came out for the Neo CD! Crossed Swords 2 is better, shame it only came out for the Neo CD! 0%[0 Votes]
This looks allright so I'll give it a go. This looks allright so I'll give it a go. 13%[2 Votes]
Not interested at all Not interested at all 7%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 15
 Print Thread
Crossed Swords Discussion
Kazuya_UK
NOTE: This was a previous Game of the Week Discussion thread!

Crossed Swords:

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/game_discussion/crossed_swords/crossed_swords_flyer_small.jpg
^ Click for full version

Genre: Third Person Beat 'em up 'em up
Meg Count: 50 MB
Players: 1 or 2 player
Released on: Home/MVS/CD

Brief Description:

Crossed Swords is a third person view beat em up from 1991, with some minor RPG elements. It was made by Alpha Denshi (ADK), of World Heroes fame.

Screenshots:

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_21/photo_164.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_21/photo_165.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_21/photo_166.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/images/photoalbum/album_21/photo_171.jpg

Review:

Review by Kazuya_UK:

http://www.neogeo...page_id=27

Videos:

In Game Footage:

YouTube Video

High Score Challenge

As this game doesn't have a scoring system it's kinda difficult to do a high score challenge. We do however have some other challenges going on so if you are in the mood to challenge other members you might want to check them out!

http://www.neogeo...orum_id=25
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 07. December 2008 17:33
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Will
Ah! The moment I have been craving! Andy These days I occasionally play it, but enjoyable always. If I only knew names of the Silver and Golden knights of the journey (Player 1 and Player 2), the King of Pulista and his daughter the Princess.

I do wish this game had voices in dialogues and then you'd hear Satan Goat bleating "Iyy, Saataan Goaat caannot be beeatenn!" heh heh!

RiKo
lol - 'Satan Goat'. I like the sound of this game!

I haven't played Crossed Swords yet but I have seen screenshots. I like the way you can see through your character, I think that was quite innovative when it came out. It remins me of another arcade game called Dynamite Duke in that respect.

oh and the Jap AES version has a strange spine on the box that says 'Crossed Swords' in English. Which makes it look different to all the other Jap AES games
Edited by RiKo on 01. December 2008 17:41
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Kazuya_UK
Wow not much talk about this game so far! Where is everyone? lol

I am going to have a blast at Crossed Swords again over the next few days, it's been a long time since I last played it and it'd be nice to give it a chance again. From what I do remember though, Crossed Swords 2 was a better game, it's a shame it never made it onto anything other than the Neo Geo CD.

Kaz

cthulhu
I really love Crossed Swords...don't really know why though. I think it might be the fact that it's something different from all the other Neo Geo games. I have to admit that the gameplay is extremely repetitive, but hacking away with swords is always fun to me.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
I love Crossed Swords and have been looking forward to this being game of the week. While it is undoubtedly repetitive I never get bored playing this game. I like the atmosphere of the game. You really feel as if you're on an epic quest whether you are battling rat warriors in a forest or armoured knights in a castle.

I've got Crossed Swords 2 for Neo Geo CD and while it is probably the better game of the two I think I'll always prefer the original. In the sequel the graphics have been improved, you have a choice of amazon, ninja or knight and in 2 player mode you can move across the entire width of the screen unlike in the first game.

I own Crossed Swords on AES and CD. There's no way I could ever complete this on AES but just like with Magician Lord the CD version is very easy to complete.

Kazuya_UK
I have tried having a blast on this game again during the week, but I have to say I really can't get into it. I wanted to give it another try but although it's fun for a while I get bored before long. Damn my short attention span.

I have to say though... this is the least discussed GotW ever... definitely not a popular one it seems. Let's hope the next one gets more attention!

Kaz

rbelmonte171
I'm with you Kaz i can't really play it for too long it just get's boring to me .....

merlin
I'm a bit surprised how little interest there has been in Crossed Swords this week. It's one of my favourite 'non-fighting' games on the Neo along with Magician Lord, TSS and Pulstar. People obviously aren't too keen on this one. Crossed Swords is often compared with The Super Spy and I can see why but Crossed Swords is a lot better imo. And of course the game does have the legendary Satan Goat in it so that must count for something.

Will
I just noticed an interesting comparison. There is a game similar in gameplay by shielding and attacking in a similar stance, but you do boxing not sword fighting. The game is called "Super Punch Out". Instead of being wire frame-like in that game, your character in transparent.

Atomduck
This game certainly looks tons better than the Super Spy. If I find it cheap I may buy it.

Jump to Forum: