Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: SteveDave
Thread ID: 1352
Thread Info
There are 13 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3212 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Highscore Section?
SteveDave
Anyone else interested in this? Kaz mentioned it in the Highscore challenge thread and I am definitely interested.

If anything it will polish my skills Andy

candycab
It could definitly be cool, though I dont expect it would be crammed with members so the maintenance may not warrant it.

Still a great idea Wink
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

priest
I still think its a great idea. Despite the few members showing up for the Blazing star highscore challenge, it may be a bit more attractive if its something of a regular part of the forum...?

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Kazuya_UK
i think its a great idea. We need to figure out the best way to do it though. We could either have a page on the main site listing high scores, or we could have a new forum section where people post scores, and have seperate threads for different games. What do you guys think? If we do a new forum section, it would help to have someone to moderate it if anyone wants to. Also, how would we go about proving someone isnt faking a score? I guess it would just have to be an honour thing? Smile
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 22. November 2008 07:20
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Will
I say we settle for the latter suggestion Kaz. Have no fear of fake highscores, I always attach images of my score when I accomplish my finishing point. The first post could either be yours or Priest's with a rulebook saying what conditions you need to follow and banning cheats, save/load states and autofire which he had not mentioned the first time. I'm looking forward to giving my best in future high score threads.

merlin
I also really like the idea of keeping a record of our high scores. It gives you that extra incentive to do well and improve at the game. I like the idea of having separate threads for the different games like with our current game Blazing Star. We can discuss our experiences, game tactics etc. there.

About proving the scores well that's a difficult one because if you're playing through emulation and supply a screenshot showing your final score you could still have used saved states to cheat. So I think we would just have to trust people to be honest.

RiKo
I think its a good idea to have highscores - I always have this feeling that I am worse than everyone else at fighting games - I would love to have it confirmed! - or maybe I will find I am better than I think Smile

I don't get to play so many games at the moment so I will probably just take part in the specific 'challenge' thread. But I do think a high score section is a good idea.

It would worry me that hardcore players might just join the site because they can beat our highscores, but maybe if it encourages people to join that would be a good thing!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
SteveDave
I like the new section idea. Also, I will have pics with whatever score I post to quell doubts.

I think we're all mature enough to operate this on an "honor code"...I just like to have proof for myself Say Cheese

Kazuya_UK
Well I guess anyone that was silly enough to fake high scores is just cheating themselves anyway... cliched but true Smile

I'll get this setup asap... I have asked priest if he would like to be a mod of this forum section as this was his idea originally. If anyone else fancies modding it then let me know Smile

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 22. November 2008 07:18

Shiny
I think it's a great idea. I'll chip in with a score or two.

I don't think proof is necessary really, we're all grown ups, though a picture might stop possible disputes before they begin.

Kazuya_UK
I just thought.... how about video? Then no-one can dispute it! Grin As you say, I think we're all honourable and it's pretty pointless to fake a high score.

If anyone noticed ridiculous spelling errors on my post above, it was down to me using my phone to ppst while at work. Stupid predictive text! Wink

Kaz

The eccentric cat
Fufufu...

I think a highscore section is a great idea! Grin I'm secretly very proud of my score in KOF 2002! ^_^

I'd be happy to mod as well, if that's what it takes. :3
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Kazuya_UK
Cool! Well priest said he would like to mod it, and if you would like to help too that would be great. I have a bit of time tonight so I will get something sorted out (there's a few other site related things I need to do as well), and I'll shoot both you guys a PM! Smile

Kaz

Jump to Forum: