Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: redfrog
Thread ID: 1342
Thread Info
There are 37 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8904 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The toughest games
THX-1138
Art Of Fighting 2 is impossible, i can cheat may way through a few rounds but when Eiji turns up, that's it, i'm finished.

Pulstar is hard as well.
castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/links/logos/m-dracxj.gif

Bart-Man
King of the monster 2(Even though i love this game!)
Fatal Fury Special
Magician Lord
Magical Drop 2 and 3

david414e
Last resort level 4 is incredibly tough, I can't even get to the mid way point on this level. I want to see the rest of this game, I think that I'll have to get one of my aes' unibiosed up though

david414e
I declare myself as the best player at final fight in the universe. No one could touch my skill....

priest
david414e wrote:
I declare myself as the best player at final fight in the universe. No one could touch my skill....

...Roll Eyes That´s a pretty bold statement...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
joedec
Art of Fighting 2. While I was able to beat the first one rather easily, I had to struggle with AOF 2, especially with King and Eiji Kisaragi

david414e
priest wrote:
david414e wrote:

...Roll Eyes That´s a pretty bold statement...

Yeh probably, I don't want to upset other forum members tho!
When I have a couple of drinks I can't stop myself sometimes...

NeoGeoNinja
I'm happy to see AOF2 on here. I'm pretty good at fighting games (I'd like to think... not sick, but definitely able - i.e. I'm a fighter... not a juggler) but AOF2 takes the P*SS! It has that early NeoGeo 'pre-emptive' behaviour that you simply struggle to outdo... you know, the instant you throw a projectile, the instant your hand/thumb keys in the 'towards+P' bit, he/she has already detected the movement and super jumps with a connecting attack... every time! DAMN! Try and punch/kick within hitting distance... the instant you press the button > ENEMY sweeps! They're all PSYCHIC!! Angry

Now this is a shame as I think POTENTIALLY the 2nd is probably the best of the 3(?) 'cause it plays so well. This obscene difficulty/poor AI also plagues the AOFanthology on PS2 as well. Nevermind... That ADK Tamashii compilation will be here anytime soon Grin

mmmm... Ninja Masters HaohNinpo... DELICIOUS

THX-1138
Kizuna Encounter is really hard, on the default difficulty setting i can never get past stage 4 (though the fact i'm playing it on a PSP is definately contributing).
castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/cotm/links/logos/m-dracxj.gif

merlin
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I'm happy to see AOF2 on here. I'm pretty good at fighting games (I'd like to think... not sick, but definitely able - i.e. I'm a fighter... not a juggler) but AOF2 takes the P*SS! It has that early NeoGeo 'pre-emptive' behaviour that you simply struggle to outdo... you know, the instant you throw a projectile, the instant your hand/thumb keys in the 'towards+P' bit, he/she has already detected the movement and super jumps with a connecting attack... every time! DAMN! Try and punch/kick within hitting distance... the instant you press the button > ENEMY sweeps! They're all PSYCHIC!! Angry

Now this is a shame as I think POTENTIALLY the 2nd is probably the best of the 3(?) 'cause it plays so well. This obscene difficulty/poor AI also plagues the AOFanthology on PS2 as well. Nevermind... That ADK Tamashii compilation will be here anytime soon Grin

mmmm... Ninja Masters HaohNinpo... DELICIOUS

I agree with you that AOF2 is the best of the three. This game always gets mentioned quite a lot in these kind of threads.

Really I don't think the game is all that difficult. Anyone is capable of completing the game. You need to be quite defensive and wait for the cpu opponents to make mistakes. Doing lots of flying kicks isn't going to work very well especially against Eiji Kisaragi. However doing crouching kicks is very effective because the cpu opponents don't block low as much as they should. The AI is not as intelligent as it might first appear. You just need to closely observe the cpu behaviour and know how to counter attack. Someone at the neo-geo.com forums described this game as being 'like a puzzle' and that's how I see it. Once you figure it out AOF2 becomes fairly easy.

NeoGeoNinja
^^^^^^^^

DAMN Merlin... you have 7 years more experience than me... that was more than plenty of time to figure out the puzzle Shrug

I'm glad you agree about AOF2 being the best of the bunch... 3 is 'nice', but I like the raw feel of 2 (it's very NeoGeo) and the combo system too, oh, and the characters are better also (me thinks).

I will take your advice and give puzzling a go. Thanks for the heads up Thumbs Up

merlin
Yeah I agree with you about the characters. Although I really like AOF3 the character roster in AOF2 is better. I know what you mean about the 'raw feel' and 'very Neo Geo'. I prefer the more 'old school' kind of gameplay in the game.

We had a thread about the toughest games before once and I remember saying AOF2 was insanely difficult. It's only this year I managed to get to grips with it. I played it every day for a month about 2 hours a day. I honestly thought I would never be able to beat this game it seemed impossible. If I can manage it with my meagre skills then anyone can. I'm sure you'll get there NeoGeo Ninja!

One thing I've never done though is beat Geese Howard in AOF2. That is one of the toughest fights I've ever faced in a fighting game. I can't even win one round!

garu21
the world heroes series Annoyed

i m glad u like aof2 NeoGeoNinja Thumbs Up did u ever finish the game Dog
[img][/img]

NeoGeoNinja
@merlin:

2 hours a day! Every day for a month! Now thats dedication Clap
As you've rightly pointed out, perseverance is the key... Wink
I'll put some time in b4 new year and let you know how I'm getting on Thumbs Up

@garu21:

Not finished it yet, but as mentioned above, I'll be giving it a damn good go!
World Heroes games are great! I especially love WHPerfect... it's so damn good Thumbs Up

I've played through them all (set to 4/MVS) and not had too many issues (maybe Brocken... He's like Dhalsim/MBison(Vega) on Steroids!) Great games, but I stand safe with with Hanzo(u), Fuuma, Dragon, Shura or Ryoko (She's awesome Grin ).

merlin
I'll be interested to hear how you get on NeoGeo Ninja! I did get kind of bored of the game after a whole month.

It's nice to see another World Heroes fan here. I agree they are great games my favourite being WH2. That battle against Dio is really tough though. Neo Dio in WHP is a lot easier I think.

Kurisu
For me it has to be Last Resort. I'm pretty good at shooters but I can't get past half way on Level 1, which leaves about £85 of the cart still to be discovered. Are there any tips anywhere for this?
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

NeoGeoNinja
Hey Kurisu!

I read your post about this being tough, but I hadn't played it before... until today, as I noticed it was on my recently acquired SNK Arcade Classics Vol1.

I managed to finish it (set to 'Normal'... whatever that means, I unlocked the OST which is nice!) but it was quite challenging, however, it never particularly ever felt unfair. I played right through to lvl 4 on 1-life. I got past the horrible contraptions on the ceiling and floor prior to facing 'the boss' with no issue, however, the boss appeared from the background RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the screen where I was... so I paid for that Angry

STICK WITH this game! Its really worth it. I'd never played it before, but after an hour with it, I'M A FAN. Well worth every penny of your +£85! (£100?) Thumbs Up

Jump to Forum: