Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Yue
Thread ID: 131
Thread Info
There are 73 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 21125 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What kind of anime do YOU like?
Shiny
goemon4 wrote:
i agree, im not a hentai fan either (i actually got banned on a forum for saying that, believe it or not) and one show i always liked (which i plan on buying the box sets for) was GITS SAC. Something about cyber terrorism is awesome, adn very entertaining. anyone else watch it?

I'm gonna be completely alone on this one... I actually don't care much for GITS in any of it's incarnations, imo it's probably the most over-rated anime in history. Not that it's bad, just not particularly good.

At the mo I'm after Area 88 (surprised they didn't change the name to UN Squadron Pfft), anyone seen it? Is it any good? I'm mainly interested just because thinking about the SNES game brings back so many memories... Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

boogiepop
Spooky wrote:
True, I mean, that's why it's hentai. But yeah, I've never seen one with a good plot, but eh..

As for sex scenes, I've only seen Bible Black really, they're pretty hilarious..

It'd be hilarious to see a critically acclaimed hentai that was known for it's plot and not sex scenes.

Urotskidoji!!! I'm tellin ya, the movie ROCKS!!

Goemon
I don't really like anime anymore. Just hentai Grin

Because i'm an artist
Edited by Goemon on 18. September 2007 07:46
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Nishad
I like old anime like Saint Seiya, Devilman, Macross, etc.
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7624/tf2heavyndj1.png

sotenga
I think I'm a real oddity. I love almost every aspect of Japanese culture, and yet, I'm very indifferent to anime. The only anime movies I've ever seen are Akira and Vampire Hunter D, and damn if I've kept up with any sort of series. Tried to watch Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Ghost in the Shell... did not have much of an idea as to what was going on. Looked cool, though. I've seen a bit of DBZ, but... me no likey filler. I did watch quite a bit of Pokemon, but I was an effin' kid once, ya know! Pfft

Nowadays, I'm not really big on anime. That's just the way it is. However, for the longest time, I've been intending to see Area 88 and Riding Bean, as well as some episodes of Hokuto no Ken. But I've just never really got around to it. *shrug*

EDIT: I just remembered I watched a bit of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime based from Stardust Crusaders; specifically, the bitching final battle between Jotaro and Dio. I recall that it was actually pretty damn cool. It's not that I dislike anime generally, it's just that I have a hard time getting into most of it... unless it's really violent.
Edited by sotenga on 05. October 2007 03:41
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

rezabrando
sotenga wrote:
I think I'm a real oddity. I love almost every aspect of Japanese culture

Me too my friend I just love them! they learn to me how to live :eh: never mind did you see "Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal" I recommend it. this is the way of living, I mean samurai way of living (I love them) Thumbs Up
Act like a man!

Goemon
sotenga wrote:
I think I'm a real oddity. I love almost every aspect of Japanese culture, and yet, I'm very indifferent to anime.

Don't feel bad, i'm the same way. A while back ago i was exploring anime and Japanese cinema in general when i realized that i was pressuring myself to like it when i really didn't.

I like anime because i really dig the art (which i think is why most folks like it) but i'm through trying to convince myself that most anime shows have any more substance then a Chuck Norris movie. Maybe if the genre wasn't so saturated with pretentious "action movie" style anime then it would be better respected. I don't want to seem arrogant though, i know alot of people watch anime for all the cliche's of the genre that i don't like.

I'm not a big fan of Japanese cinema either. I think it must be a cultural thing.

Goemon
rezabrando wrote:"Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal" I recommend it.

Love it, that's one of my favs. I wish more anime like that was around. Something that is aiming for close to realistic but animated.

rezabrando
Goemon wrote:
Maybe if the genre wasn't so saturated with pretentious "action movie" style anime then it would be better respected. I don't want to seem arrogant though, i know alot of people watch anime for all the cliche's of the genre that i don't like.

I'm not a big fan of Japanese cinema either. I think it must be a cultural thing.

Indeed, in these days a very few people give a damn to art, I mean REAL ART, not those that give you nothing just a feel of admiring a very developed technology of special effects in cinema and anime.

I didn't have alot info about Japanese cinema, and I feel that I like thier culture too, not cinema.

And I must to say that I love all Disney anime (2D and 3D) I think they really know what CLASSIC means! they are just great (the last movie I watch from Disney was Cars. That was very nice and CLASSIC) Thumbs Up
Act like a man!

rezabrando
Goemon wrote:
rezabrando wrote:"Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal" I recommend it.

Love it, that's one of my favs. I wish more anime like that was around. Something that is aiming for close to realistic but animated.

I am very happy that you like it. so we are now three that love "Samurai X" (Kaz, me and you) Grin
Act like a man!

Raiken
I'd have to say I really like anime that don't have shitty endings. Sadly that was not the case with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Gainix managed to ruin the whole anime for me within the last two minutes of the series. I hate it so much I'm probably not going to even buy it.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

sotenga
Goemon wrote:
sotenga wrote:
I think I'm a real oddity. I love almost every aspect of Japanese culture, and yet, I'm very indifferent to anime.

Don't feel bad, i'm the same way. A while back ago i was exploring anime and Japanese cinema in general when i realized that i was pressuring myself to like it when i really didn't.

I like anime because i really dig the art (which i think is why most folks like it) but i'm through trying to convince myself that most anime shows have any more substance then a Chuck Norris movie. Maybe if the genre wasn't so saturated with pretentious "action movie" style anime then it would be better respected. I don't want to seem arrogant though, i know alot of people watch anime for all the cliche's of the genre that i don't like.

I think that's it, dude. You've pretty much nailed it. It tries to take itself too seriously and ends up being kind of cheesy as a result. Oh, and the cliches. URGH.

I may have to disagree on the Japanese cinema thing, though. I haven't seen much of it, but I love the works of Kurosawa and Miyazaki, the latter of which is pretty much the exception to any and all anime ever. Wink
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Kazuya_UK
Speaking of shitty endings (and I know I have mentioned this one before), but what about the Kenshin OVA ending? Why the hell they went *that* route with it, instead of following what the creator did with the manga I will never know. I just basically refuse to acknowledge it as the real ending to be honest... I loved the first 4 OVA's to pieces, but the final two... ugh.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
LIFE_IN_2D
To be honest I don't really like much anime as a whole, it seems like it's all been done again and again (I am so damned tired of anime with Samurais and giant robots). I like anime with really original stories and I love tragic endings and heroes that go though hell. Here's a short list of the only Anime series I have bothered buying.

1. Berserk (No doubt my favorite anime series ever, the manga kicks ass even more though.)

2. The Guyver (The 1990's series) I've yet to watch the newer series.

3. Now and Then, Here and There (Awesome series, simply awesome, I'd recommend this to anybody that loves original story telling with great character development)

4. HellSing ( Meh, it's not the best series out there but I thought Alucard was an awesome character)

5. Vampire Hunter D (I know it's not a series, but I liked both movies)
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 27. March 2008 23:05
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

rainbow_bright
I used to be much more of an anime fan when I was 13/14/15....

But Recently I've bought a few anime dvds, Akira, Ghost in the shell (original movie) and fist of the north star (original movie). I had these all on vhs back in the old days Smile

I need to check out the fist of the north star series. I used to have castle of cagliostro on vhs (I think it's lupin3???), I'd like to get that on dvd and the other ones in the series.

I'd quite like some fun, upbeat anime...

recommendations?

rainbow_bright
oh and hentai, I don't get that at all. Its icky, do people really get off on that stuff?

Keita-Kata
I like some movie anime. I like Sci-Fi animes, Action, Comedy, Fantasy, and some Romance like Ai Yori Aoshi, and Love Hina. I like some OVAs.

Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny
Sailor Moon
Ruroni Kenshin
Bleach
Death Note
Inuyasha
Ghost in the Shell
Code Geass
Gurren Laggen
DN Angel
Rosario+Vampire
Chrono Crusade
Last Exile
Trigun
Noir

These what kind of anime I like.
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

Raiken
^I've seen most of the stuff on that list. Couldn't stomach Gundam Seed for more than a couple episodes though. Way too much of a retread of the original Gundam series.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Master Tasuke
romance series such as Ai Yori Aoshi and Ah! My Goddess,
and sci-fi mecha series such as MACROSS and GUNDAM,
GUNDAM 0083; Stardust Memory being one of the best.

i also like my fare share of fanservice,
though i wish that they wouldn't have started that godawful current trend
where most modern anime girls tend to wear these horrible striped panties.
what's wrong with wearing something more feminine?
is that concept really so outdated?
Edited by Master Tasuke on 01. June 2010 15:29
i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/Avatars%20-%20Signatures/MikuruS25-24-142425_zps1ffc1247.png

https://www.facebook.com/tasuke.shichiri.1
Murikov
After everything I saw (it isn't much anyway), I like "Fist of the North Star" most. Recently, I've watched the whole original series, the movie, all OVAs, the Raoh Gaiden series and the 26 episodes of Fist of the Blue Sky... At the end I was kinda tired of so much Hokuto Shinken... Smile
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Jump to Forum: