Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Yue
Thread ID: 131
Thread Info
There are 73 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 21116 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What kind of anime do YOU like?
Yue
Well, here's what I like...I like Samurai X, Trigun (as I said before), Fruits Basket, Ouran Highschool host, Yami no matsuei (too short unfortunately), Bleach, Trinity Blood, Death Note....hmmm that's all I can think of for now. So yeah, I like action, comedy and romance in them Smile

Say...doesn't anime have more sexual content than before? (like everything else) And lately....there hasn't been so many new ideas. :sweat:

Any Opinions on this?
C'est la vie

Mitch The Zombie
Eh what can I say except that I LIKE BOOBS :twisted: (sorry just messing)

I know what you mean but it just seems that there just doing what sells and sex does sell, sometimes good some times......you just want them to but there clothes back on and get to kicking the poop out of each other.

Worst on for sex tho...golgo 13 ahhhhhh no more sex scenes pleeeeeeas
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/MitchMF/PDVD_000.jpg

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
But for me... it was Tuesday.

Kazuya_UK
I like good storylines more than anything, but I will watch almost any type of movie/series. There are some animes that really make you think though - stuff like Ghost in the Shell would be a good example. My personal favourites though are:

Ghost in the Shell (both movies and the series)
Kenshin
Trigun
Azumanga Daioh
Naruto
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D

And a ton more that would be too many to list.

I agree about a lack of new ideas, and I must admit for a long time a few years back I got totally more with anime. But then I came across Kenshin and Trigun and it pulled me back in. I haven't watched an awful lot of stuff recently though, I need to rectify that!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Vickz
I loved Naruto, cheers for that Kaz you got me hooked, stayed up till the early hours of the morning many nights watching that.
I also liked Battle Angel Alita, I thought that was excellent wish I could get it on dvd that would be awesome Grin Vampire Hunter D & Akira kicked ass as well.

I really need to watch Kenshin and Trigun I heard so many good things about it but never got round to watching it.

sukotsuto
The ones truly I love a lot are Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: both full of bloody action and awesomeness Grin I also love Golden Boy and Great Teacher Onizuka for being the most funniest and awesome of them all Pfft

I kinda liked
Naruto (thought the overabundance of fillers kinda turned me off)
Rurouni Kenshin
Azumanga Daioh
Gensoumaden Saiyuki
Dragon Ball (the old one when Goku was still litle)

I liked
Ghost in the Shell (all of em)
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Berserk
Witch Hunter Robin

I haven't watched much theses days, but I want to check out Battle Angel Alita ever since I've started reading the manga of it

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
cthulhu
My favourites:
Devilman (my alltime favourite!!!)
Devilman Lady
The Slayers
Dragon Ball/ Dragonball Z
Dominion Tank Police
Bastard!!!
Hokuto No Ken
And many many more.
I mainly like horror and funny fantasy series.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

nindo
I like shounen alot. Except for the ones that go on and on and on... (ex. DBZ, Naruto) One Piece is good shounen ;D It has humor and action, what more could you want? I like other genres too though, heck, even shoujo/drama. (definitely not gay animes!) As long as it doesn't get boring. My favs include : Azumanga Daioh, Bokura ga Ita, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Eureka 7, Genshiken, Great Teacher Onizuka, Honey & Clover, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Kaleido Star, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble and so many more... Thumbs Up
nibelung.gunslinger.nl/yun.gif

Raiken
I watch a very large variety of anime. Been watching the stuff for 8 years now and seen 150+ anime's. Currently I am watching .hack//roots, Fate/Stay Night, Detective Conan and a few others.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

the world is my arena
Anime is just beautiful works of art. I mainly like Samurai 7, Naruto, Ronin Warriors, Initial D, Trigun, and many others
Expect no mercy, for you shall receive none

http://www.adventrising.com/images/icons/AR1.jpg
Shiny
All sorts really... Though watching less and less as I get older. Favourites would have to be Lupin (any of them), BeBop, Escaflowne, Chobits, Macross 2, and of course the ever-mentioned Akira. Actually, in '94 I did my GCSE english oral on Akira. Got an A. Cool

Aika has a strange appeal to it too... Wink

Parents fault really; remember our very first VCR, and the very first video me Ma brought home was Kimba The White Lion. Then Voltron (the one with the cats), Battle of the Planets, Robotech... We used to rent from this guy at the local market who seemed to have a neverending supply of anime. Though I had no idea that's what it was at the time, they were just cartoons.

Oh, and I quite like Naruto. Believe it! lol
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

boogiepop
Samurai X Trust + Betrayal
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Now and There, Here and There
Boogie Phantom (duh!)
among others
I don't think that anime has gotten stale lately. It has been stale for a long time now with regurgitated themes left and right. Still, it's disparaging to hear people bash titles like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien for breaking the mold a bit. There are good titles out there. You just have to look a little bit.

Yue
Say, do you guys like anime parodies too? I really like the Yugioh abridged series ones...and there's the horribly subbed death notes too.
C'est la vie

sukotsuto
Oh yeah I love those Abridged Yugioh series found in youtube ;D Heck I prefer to watch that over the one shown in TV (to the point where I totally forgot how they really sound line on TV) LOL

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
HexElf
Here's a list of what I enjoyed lately...

Maria-sama ga miteru (both seasons and the OVAs) - it's hard to find a more romantic anime (if you like yuri) out there.

Kannazuki no Miko (romance/action) - if you like KOF then you must watch this! You'll see why within the first 15 minutes when the series suddenly switches genres.

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (romance/genderbender) - anyone who knows me personally could see why. It's a bit tacky at times but it works. Kudos for best outro ever =D

FLCL (aka "Furi Kuri" aka "Fooley Cooley")
- Action/Comedy/Guitars/Insanity. A Gainax masterpiece nuff said! This is the series that got me into anime all over again after a long hiatus. 6 episodes shock full of pop culture and over the top action that just cannot be explained with words.

Tenshi na Konamaiki (aka "A Cheeky Angel)
- Romance / Martial Arts / Genderbender. I know it's a bit old and probably too long to get hold of easily but I used to follow this series religiously!

2 x 2 Shinobuden (comedy/ecchi)
- One of the funniest pieces of anime produced in recent years. If you like any kind of anime then you simply MUST watch this, I cannot stress enough how hilarious Shinobuden is! In fact, why aren't you watching it right now!? The outro alone will have you gasping for air!

There are several more that I would like to mention but I think I will save it before this turns into a full fledged rant. Animes that I don't like are mainly shounen (Dragonball not included however) and while I used to enjoy Naruto I actually got bored around episodes 130-something before the big heap of fillers even started. Too much talking/stalling in the battles, too many consecutive battles and too little plot in between battles. At least that's what I thought.
Edited by HexElf on 24. February 2007 12:49
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Midian
I'm not much of a manga/anime fan, but I like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Grappler Baki and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

boogiepop
I like Urotskidoji. Does that make me a bad person? LOL

Spooky
Hey sukotsuto, what's that background from with the lightning and blood on the ground? Is that from The Last Blade 2 or something?

boogiepop
Last Blade 1
It's Shikyou's stage.

Spooky
Yeah, I thought I recognized it from somewhere, it looks awesome.

NEO GEO DRAGON
HENTAI!!!

Jump to Forum: