Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 1297
Thread Info
There are 51 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12261 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The first game you ever owned...
merlin
I'm just curious. What was the first game you ever bought (or were given) and for what system? What are your memories of it?

The first game I ever bought was Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the Sega Master System. I was useless at playing games so I kept getting killed by those flying birds on the first level. It sure was a very addictive game. I remember one time playing it all night. Still a fun game to play today. The graphics are nice and colourful and there are some nice tunes to accompany the action. It took me about six months before eventually completing the game.

Shiny
This is a tough one... It was either one of our ColecoVision games or something for the Commodore Vic20... I honestly can't remember which came first. Jeebus, showing my age me thinks. Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

RiKo
Shiny:- showing my age me thinks

I know how you feel Shiny - mine was definitely 2 Intellivision games.

My dad bought me and my brother an ex-rental intellivision system with Armour Attack and Soccer. Both were 1-2 players. Soccer was actually quite good - we set up leagues and everything - though you had to use a piece of paper in those days. All the console would do was to keep the score.

Mind you even though that must of been 1982-83 you had full control over the keepers and you actually had to aim the ball into the goal. Somehow nowdays you don't actually manually aim in a lot of soccer games and the keepers are automatic - its like they forgot it was a game.

on the back of the box it had a list of selling points, things like 'Real whistle sound', 'keepers that move!','console keeps score!'.'you can pass AND shoot!'. Wow!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Atomduck
Ah mine was a Sega Genesis with Michael Jacksons Moonwalker (No wonder why I am so fucked up) and Sonic 3 Cool

LIFE_IN_2D
As a kid I was a big PC gamer, the first game I ever bought with my own money (I saved for 3 months) was Wolfenstein 3D. I remember it was the first game of it's kind.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 29. September 2008 23:23
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

garu21
duck hunt & mario.... sutpid dog Roll Eyes
Edited by garu21 on 29. September 2008 23:25
[img][/img]

Raiken
Sonic the Hedgehog and Kid Chameleon for the genesis.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

SteveDave
Ninja Gaiden and Sky Shark for NES.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

sukotsuto
One of those pirated famicom cartridges. The first game my pops got me (since most of our famicom games had already been bought for my sister and are already there when I was born) was this 3 in 1 cartridge that has Super Contra (Super C), TMNT, and Double Dragon II! Grin

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Zakatek
Mine is a pirated nes cartridge too. It was a multi game cartridge.

Eggy
either pokemon stadium 1, diddy kong racing or zelda oot, I got those three together with my n64 back in 2001(never owned a console before)
card.mygamercard.net/DE/DerWahreEGGY.png

zockerseele.de.tl
Midian
I think my bro first owned Alex Kidd in Miracle World too, which was integrated in the Sega! The first game I owned myself was some old ass Looney Tunes game I think
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Carmen
Donkey Kong Country Pfft
"Mercy on the Earth"

Jak
Either Duck Hunt or Donkey Kong.

Powerwave
super street fighter 2 for the pc lagged and had terible music and no sound affects but i loved it lots

phry
Light Cycle for the Oric 1. The joys of low-definition monochrome lines forcing other monochrome lines to crash into each other lol.

If that wasn't teh first then one of those LCD handheld games where you could only move left and right. I think it had a spaceship dodging rocks or something.

Though the first game I really couldn't put down was Asteroids on the Atari VCS (2600 with the fake wood effect). I remember being bought one from a boot sale (I think) for my birthday when I was like 7 or something. It was actually already retro at that time but I loved it nevertheless.

RiKo
Phry wrote:- on the Atari VCS (2600 with the fake wood effect)

Ha Ha Smile Why didn't they produce the Playstation 3 with a faux wood surround? Its about time that look came back into fashion.... I remember when TVs used to have a wooden surround and sometimes even had 2 wooden doors you could shut to cover the screen.

I'm afraid I had a Mattel Intellivision console - which also had a wood pannelling effect - cool!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
phry
Ha Ha smiley Why didn't they produce the Playstation 3 with a faux wood surround? Its about time that look came back into fashion.... I remember when TVs used to have a wooden surround and sometimes even had 2 wooden doors you could shut to cover the screen.

Well, I have seen wood panelling design faceplates for the 360 lol. I wonder if there is actually one made of wood though?

SSJ_Sonikku
The first game I ever owned and played was Super Mario Land 3 Wario Land for the original GameBoy. I unfortunately do not have the game now, but I plan to get it back soon. Man I had a lot of memories with that game.

I remember in one stage you had to tap the A button repeatedly to ge up a ledge and I couldn't do it (had to ask my mom to do it for me). Course I can do it now, aaah good times there.

candycab
Ricochet paddle tennis console made bye the Ricochet Electronic company.

got it at the age of 6.

My older brother and I played the heck out of it, I still own it to this day and it works Grin

After that it was ethe Odyssey2 with the Voice addon [ still have that too ] Smile
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: