Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 1297
Thread Info
There are 51 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12258 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The first game you ever owned...
shadownightmare
My first game I had was Yars Revenge for the Atari 2600.

cthulhu
Not counting LCD games, my first game was Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Throwen
My first ever Game was KoF '96 for Gameboy, I've been playing it all the time and i loved it so much until I lost that damn small thing Angry Shrug
hosting06.imagecross.com/image-hosting-11/7338AvatarBasara.jpeg

Kazuya_UK
Sorcery+ for the Amstrad CPC 6128.... awesome game! Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
THX-1138
Probably Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt on one cart for the NES.

HexElf
I got my first console, an Odyssey 2 (I know it was called something else abroad), when I turned 4 and I've had at least one console at all times since. I can't remember the title of the first game though, or even which of the games I had was first.

But as a desperate, and pretty unrelated, solution I can tell you that World Heroes 2 Jet was the first game I got for my AES at my own request. Used to play it in the arcades all the time and it was the first game where I saw a competitive level player destroy the AI in a single credit. It was only recently that I managed to replicate this feat at his level in the MVS setting.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
HexElf
Just noticed Candycab had an Odyssey 2 too, and Videopac was the alternate name Grin
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
NeoGeoNinja
Ah well... The first game(s) I ever played/owned was: Centipede, Moon Patrol, Dig Dug, Galaxian, Ms PacMan & Pole Position, all on the Atari 2600 on my 4th or 5th Birthday!

To be fair, I got a pretty good selection of games considering there was some real 'pap' on the 2600. Years later would see me acquire Jr. Pacman for the 2600... my god! This game was immense... especially for the 2600!

Other Consoles & 1st games were (In order)

C64 - 4in1 Cart (Fiendish Freddys, Flimbos Quest, Klax & International Soccer?), Shadow of the Beast (soundtrack BTW!) & Robocop 2. These were all carts. They were pretty good (aside the soccer game!) The 'tape deck' and many a foul game would follow. Even as a CHILD, I knew the 64 sucked, and not much else existed at the time... I wanted better. ENTER the...

MasterSystem II - Sonic 'built in'... loved this version of Sonic! It was all about Jungle Zone for me.

MegaDrive - L.E. package containing Streets of Rage & Sonic 1

SNES - SCOPE 6... loved this too, most of the games were actually pretty good and I liked the music to these games also.

Jaguar - Initially came with: AvP (AMAZING at the time... seriously!), CyberMorph (OKish 3D Shmup), Oh yeah and the mighty Tempest 2000! Cliché, I know, but still awesome today... honestly. ALSO... I eventually acquired 3 more games - Dragon:TBLS (not bad, just 16 bit), ThemePark (you got what it said on the tin) & the horrendous ClubDrive (which oddly, I have a softspot for!?) THIS JAG+6 GAMES would eventually (against my better judgement) get traded in at the legendary 'CashConverters' for £35 so that I could...

PS1 - ...buy RidgeRacerRevolution for my newly acquired PS1 (which I sold my ENTIRE Scalextric collection to a friends dad for £300 - I did have SH*TLOADS of track & accessories & around 40ish cars to boot - oh my beloved Lambo Diablo with brake lights & magnatraction... how I miss you In Love ). I'd played RRR a lot at a friends house (and Tekken1) and was hooked! I've been an avid Ridge Fan ever since, BUT, it's still all about RR, RRR & Rage Racer... they are 3 of my fave racers EVER! (EVER!!)

There's more, but the PS1's the best place to end this (ACTUALLY NO, the 2600 was Roll Eyes )

Yann
The first game I had was an original Pong plugged in the tv.
The real first game cart I had was Tetris (sold with the Game Boy) =)

merlin
Thanks for all the responses to this thread. It's been interesting to read.

Yann mentioned Pong well I've never actually played it before but I just found out about a new version called Pong Out. You have to play Pong and Breakout at the same time which is not exactly easy! It's worth a look. You can play it here and I'm sure can download it somewhere too.

http://www.allgam...ngout.html

1983parrothead
Mine was Super Mario Bros. 1 in the Super Mario Bros. 1 / Duck Hunt multicart. My big sister bought an NES Action Set, because of a lot of people discussing about it. When I first played Super Mario Bros. 1, I kept running into the first Goomba ( which I thought were called "Koopas" ).
Edited by 1983parrothead on 18. July 2010 21:19

Basashi King
i imagine it was probably horace goes skiiing for the rubber key speccy.

a good laugh, but the magic really started with the msx. so many distinct memories of choosing the machine, buying each game, playing them etc. w o w man all the kids wanted a go on some of those games!

Murikov
Hmmm, let's think... I believe my very first game I really owned was Earthworm Jim 2 for PC (yes, I wasn't a" consolero" back in time. I had my beloved Gameboy aswell, but the games belonged almost all to my bro). It's still a great game, awesome animations, funny moments and a great soundtrack aswell. Priceless memories!

YouTube Video

Edited by Murikov on 24. July 2010 17:20
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

STE C
Hey Basahi I think I got Horace games with my rubber keyed speccy , all 3 games I think Hoirace and the Spiders and Hungry Horace. What the fu*k was Horace all about , such a bizarre video game character a weird ghost with a wooly hat very spooky looking.

Basashi King
horace was a bit of an ugly f***er. he looks like an arse!

http://upload.wik...Horace.jpg

RiKo
haha i remember Horace goes Skiing where he had to cross the road and then go Skiing, something like that anyway. I used to play it round my friends house. ( there was a a fourth and final game on the the Psion organiser. i was reading about that recently. you are right basashi he does look a bit like an arse on legs lol
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Shiny
My memory is shot to bits but I think it was a helicopter game (the name escapes me) for the ColecoVision... I remember the controllers were HUGE. After that would have been the Spectrum 48k obsession. The posh kids had Amstrads... *cough* Kaz *cough*
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

shion
Those systems pre-dating the NES you Britons keep mentioning weren't popular at all here in the U.S., otherwise, I would've probably gotten into gaming at an even earlier age. My first (console) game, like many Americans, was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for the NES. I believe I was six-years-old at the time and had no idea what a video game console was. My mom, apparently, thought it was a good idea to introduce video games to me at such a young age. To this day, I still don't know if that was a blessing or curse. Between the ages of 8 and 16, video games ruled my life, and I didn't have a social life outside of hanging out with others who shared my obsession. I just had enough of it, and as I got a little older, my interest in games started to fade. By the time I turned 18, I wasn't into video games at all. One good thing about the obsession I had while growing up: it kept me out of trouble. I would've gotten into fights, maybe drugs and other illegal stuff had I not had a safe outlet like video gaming. I would've probably gotten a criminal record if it hadn't been for my compulsive VG lifestyle back then!
Edited by shion on 27. July 2010 00:03

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
NeoGeoNinja
Shiny wrote:
My memory is shot to bits but I think it was a helicopter game (the name escapes me) for the ColecoVision... I remember the controllers were HUGE...

LOVE THE COLECOVISION...
although I have never played the Helicopter game you speak of.

My first gaming experiences were on the 2600, however, my OLDEST cousin had been bought a Colecovision, which was kept at my granmothers, and we used to all play it a lot (whilst visitng, and hanging at my 'Nans' ). MANY hours were dissolved into: Zaxxon, Donkey Kong, Mr Do, Venture, Looping, Ladybug and some others which I can't think of right now. Truth be told - ALL those games pissed on my 2600 titles!! Shame the ColecoVision failed (by comparison to the 2600) as it was EASILY the better console. Hell, it even had an attachable 2600 cart module!! AAAND... those sticks ruled at the time.

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

AngelaAsakura
The first game I ever "owned" was NiGHTS into dreams for the Sega Saturn. My mom had bought the pack that included the 3D Saturn controller with it and had put it in storage, but gave it to me when I expressed interest in the series.
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
Jump to Forum: