Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 1258
Thread Info
There are 38 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 28962 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The Eye of Typhoon by Viccom
reelmojo
That's what I did but it still asked for the CD. Oh well... it's not like burning a CD is that difficult anyway.

merlin
That's strange... not sure why that's happening. I hope you can get it working with a cd copy. I'll definitely be interested to hear what you think of the game when you manage to get it running.

Tetsuo Yagami
I may create demonstration videos later.

THE EYE OF TYPHOON Movelist

HOYA
Surgewave: qcf+P
Flying Uppercut: dp+P
Energy Barrier: hcb+HK
Hoya's Press: hcb+LK
Flying Kicks: dp+K
Air Surgewave: qcf+P in mid-air

ROY
Strike Rotation: qcf+K
Rising Upper: dp+P
Blast Rolling: rdp+P
Blast Wave: qcb+P
Meteor Kick: hcb+HK

SAURI
Umbrella Projection: qcb+P
Umbrella Crashing: hcb+K
Umbrella Rolling: qcf+K
Umbrella Claw: dp+P (close range?)

CHUN-LI...um, I mean...CHOHONG
Bouncing Thunder: qcf+P
Electric Barrier: hcb+P
Dive Kick From Hell: d+HK in mid-air
Charging High Kick: qcf+LK
Charging Sweep Kick: qcf+HK
(INTERESTING NOTE ABOUT CHOHONG: One of the characters in the PSX game "Kakuge-Yaro Fighting Game Creator" could be given a couple of Chohong's moves, like her Charging Kicks and Bouncing Thunder. This character also had a super move that imitates Shadow Yamoto's "Shadow Form" from Eternal Champions.)

WANGCHANG [SINZAN ^_^]
Bomb Throw: qcf+P
Furious Pounding: hcf+P (close)
Poison Mist: rdp+LP
Rising Globe Kick: dp+K

MUI
Double Crashing Fists: qcf+P
Thunderclap Kick: qcb+LP (Similar to Chintao's Thunderclap Kick from Fight Fever)
Sliding Kick: qcf+LK
Explosive Rising Knee: dp+K

NELSON
Flaming Whip: qcb+P
Whip Pulling: hcf+P
Energetic Slashing: qcf+P
Shock Fist: dp+P

TLALOC (my personal favorite ^_^)
Flame Wings Strike: qcb+P
Triple Spin Kick: qcf+K
Aerial Slash Wave: qcf+P in midair

DALMA
Uppercut Spinning: dp+P
Extending Staff: hcf+P

MUSASITARO
Astral Projection Drubbing: qcf+P
Blade Dash: qcf+LK
Half-Moon Slash: qcf+HK
Rising Aura Slash: dp+P

NATASHA
Spinning Hammerfist: qcf+P
Flying Powerbomb: dp+K
Powerbomb: qcf+LK (close)
Running Throw: qcf+HK
Stomp Thunder: qcb+K
(INTERESTING NOTE ABOUT NATASHA: Once again, the inclusion of moves in Kakuge-Yaro Fighting Game Creator...the "Elec Battery" base character model has most of Natasha's special moves available. I am not kidding. Was that game created by another incarnation of VICCOM?)

JARKILL
Spiralling Agony: qcb+P
Floating Death Crash: hcf+P
Double Somersault: qcf+K
Edited by Tetsuo Yagami on 31. October 2009 10:23

merlin
Great work on coming up with the move list Tetsuo. Thumbs Up It might be a good idea to put that on gamefaqs too. I imagine you came up with those move names yourself and they sound good. One thing I was going to mention though is that in the Neo Geo booklet it does have some official move names too.

It'd be great if you did make a few demonstration videos.

Between the original megaupload download and a torrent of the game I added to a retro gaming website the game has now been downloaded 64 times.

A few people have had problems getting this to run so I thought perhaps this quote from someone at another site might help people:

Hmm, I can't get it to work in DOSBox. It keeps asking me to insert the CD. Merlin, did you mount the bin/cue with Daemon Tools, or burn to CD?

EDIT: Got it working. Seems you have to leave the "CD" folder containing the bin/cue inside the "Typhoon" folder (or whatever you call your game folder) for it to run...

Edited by merlin on 02. November 2009 19:11

RiKo
I think Eye of the Tyhphoon looks goog, I really like the brigth colourful gfx. It does look like it might play a bit avaerage though amongst all the other great fighters. Nice find though Merlin, I knw lots of people really dig all the fighting games for Neo, I hoope you can get it released somehow too.....
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Tetsuo Yagami
Sorry, but I'm not posting it to GameFAQs. They want my personal information. Screw that.

reelmojo
Hmm, I can't get it to work in DOSBox. It keeps asking me to insert the CD. Merlin, did you mount the bin/cue with Daemon Tools, or burn to CD?

EDIT: Got it working. Seems you have to leave the "CD" folder containing the bin/cue inside the "Typhoon" folder (or whatever you call your game folder) for it to run...
I haven't moved it and it still won't run. I tried burning the CD and Nero just gave me an error message. I tried mounting the CD directory as the cd rom drive using every method possible within DOSBox and it still asks me to put the CD in.

I'm just going to download it again to see if maybe the CUE sheet was corrupted or something. It's a long shot but I'm out of ideas otherwise.
Edited by reelmojo on 04. November 2009 23:45

P-E
just downloaded that !!
thanks a lot Merlin you're so good
found that you need to use B+C+D to activate super
for super motion it's on the scan but it's not reallyu easy to see
basically some motion + two buttons

merlin
Glad you liked it P-E. Smile It was very lucky finding the game. Thanks a lot for the tips too. I wasn't really sure how the supers worked.

One thing that no one including me can work out yet is how to change any of the options in the game. Someone at neo-geo.com managed to put it into 'team mode' by randomly pressing some keys on the keyboard.

The game has now been downloaded 133 times. Someone who has experience of adding characters to Mugen contacted me recently to say they are going to start work on trying to add the Eye of Typhoon characters very soon.

jridden
I want to play this game too.Could you please give me the download link?THANK YOU!

merlin
jridden wrote:
I want to play this game too.Could you please give me the download link?THANK YOU!

Hi jridden. I put the download link in the video descripition. You need to use Dosbox to run it. I hope you enjoy the game!

http://www.youtub...hmI7SunNgI

Seeing as this topic has been bumped just thought I'd mention that someone has been already adding the stages from the game to MUGEN. None of the characters are added yet but I'm sure they will be eventually.

In the description of this video the person states they are working on a 'remake' of the game.

YouTube Video

jridden
Thank you merlin,you are so kind.In fact,I have downloaded the game yesterday.Youtube is banned by my country's goverment.So i must use proxy to see the download link......
By the way,can this game played by 2 players?In the manu I can only use the Enter button and can not higtlight other options......

merlin
No problem jridden you are very welcome. Smile Unfortunately I'm not sure how to change the options in the game and don't know what the controls are for player 2. Please let me know if you manage to work it out! One thing I do know is that it is possible somehow to change the game into team mode so that you can pick two characters in single player mode.

bojan4o
i just played this game and is awesome this would have been a classic if was released for the neo-geo and i think that hola is looks like kenshiro from hokuto no ken
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

1983parrothead
There's some guys working in the game sprites extraction:

http://forum.paod...topic=8999

SPIDER
This game is released on 3DO system - http://blog.naver...0054269563 .
Respect to those who would get it and put it on the site.
Here The Eye of Typhoon PC game is configured for windows - http://translate....RyD1VW6OA.
Edited by SPIDER on 28. November 2010 11:39

NeoGeoNinja
SPIDER wrote:
This game is released on 3DO system - http://blog.naver...0054269563 .
Respect to those who would get it and put it on the site.
Here The Eye of Typhoon PC game is configured for windows - http://forum.3dop...p;start=0.

SO...
do you physically OWN that copy of EOTyphoon, or is this someone elses blog you have found? Or is it YOUR blog? Had a look through. It was cool to see some hi-res pics of Power Instinct and Power Instinct 2 Thumbs Up

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

SPIDER
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
SO...
do you physically OWN that copy of EOTyphoon, or is this someone elses blog you have found? Or is it YOUR blog? Had a look through. It was cool to see some hi-res pics of Power Instinct and Power Instinct 2 Thumbs Up

Ninja

This is not my blog. And I do not know how to register there.
I'm looking for these Korean games 3DO:
ARMAGEDDON
THE EYE OF TYPHOON
BATTLE BLUES

Jump to Forum: